+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

terulinkarezinka

Apr 13, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK, time for update. We went for our test in Calgary on Jan 22, i passed 19/20. My husband failed (12/20). The officer was very kind and told him it happens and she's sure he'll pass the next time. He got invitation for re-sit in a month. Had his second attempt yesterday and passed 19/20. The officer just told him "good job" and to wait for the email with ceremony invite. Checked our ECAS today, but still showing in process, but i guess it's because it's saturday. let's see how they'll handle ceremonies during the pandemy.

tessa21

Nov 6, 2019
Our PR card will expire this July. Should we just renew now? We’re still hoping we get our test invite soon...

borisnet

Nov 27, 2014
Our PR card will expire this July. Should we just renew now? We’re still hoping we get our test invite soon...
Given the pandemy and whether you need to travel at any point in time before July which might be hard with the pandemy anyway, it might be wise to renew your PR card as a safeguard.

SeulDansMonBocal

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
DAKAR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2015
File Transfer...
10-12-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
LANDED..........
ETA: 29-07-2016
All oath and exams are being canceled.

zindabad

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
Is IRCC can make decision to send Citizenship Certificates on addresses or Oath is required? as there is no expiry date of COVID19. Oat Can be conduct later or Online.
Why not, we all send request to IRCC to deliver
Citizenship Certificates on addresses.

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
I think Oath is required, there is no way Citizenship Certificates will be mailed without it.

Folks, what can someone claim, and what do people generally claim, to request Urgent Processing?

cuca

Mar 7, 2020
Hi all! I am new to this thread and I would like to get information on the timeline of citizenship application. We submitted our application last August 12 and they received it August 21. As per ECAS AOR is Nov 7 and started processing last Nov 25.

We still do not receive the test date and I am a bit worried if there are any issues in our application. I'm just wondering if there are any other people who submitted their application and has not receive any test date? Kindly please help. thanks!

WoOz

Jan 29, 2020
Yup, I just got an email.
It’s been cancelled.

As a precautionary measure in line with prevention efforts to stem the spread of COVID-19 taking place across Canada, and out of consideration for the health and safety of our clients and employees, we are temporarily cancelling all citizenship testing and retesting events as well as all citizenship ceremonies as of March 14, 2020 until further notice. Events will be rescheduled in the near future.

Your scheduled event has been cancelled. You will be provided with a new date/time in the upcoming weeks. Please contact us if you feel your case is urgent at ircc

We will consider urgent processing on a case by case basis.

We thank you for your understanding.

Please visit our website for updateshttps://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
Sorry to hear about the cancellation of your Oath Ceremony. It must be very painful and frustrating.

I have posted this in another thread and am reposting it here.

"What if all the Candidates are sent Oath Affidavit/Statement via their registered email for them to Print and Sign in front of a Notary. The Originals are sent to IRCC after which Citizenship Certificates are issued following receipt of Oath Affidavit/Statement.

The world has moved on from the conventional methods to a new wave of legal/contractual authentications and confirmations. We seem to be stuck with the old-fashioned ways when it comes to Oath Ceremonies etc."

Reactions: zindabad

sam1991

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Reactions: NinaM

Twilight_Forever

Star Member
May 2, 2015
Is anyone able to help what the closest local IRCC office is around St. Catharines, ON?

I got an email saying this but idk where it is
“you have been formally invited to attend an appointment at the IRCC local office and are requesting to reschedule.”

I’ve been thinking about going to one in Niagara Falls but my application processing in Scarborough.

Last edited:

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Is anyone able to help what the closest local IRCC office is around St. Catharines, ON?

“you have been formally invited to attend an appointment at the IRCC local office and are requesting to reschedule.”

I’ve been thinking about going to one in Niagara Falls but my application processing in Scarborough.
Hi,
St.Catharines applicant processed at Scarborough and waiting under the decision made status here.

Before the link "Find a citizenship ceremony in your area" in canada.ca was brought down last week due to Convid emergency, I remember seeing the following venues for the oath ceremonies:

#1 St. Catharines Golf and Country Club (St.Catharines)
#2 Brock University’s Goodman School of Business Atrium (St.Catharines)
#3 Niagara College's NOTL Campus (possibly under Niagara Falls)
#4 IRCC Portage Road (Niagara Falls)

The first 3 are temporary/special venues for the ceremony. With the current emergency situation not sure if the government had made any special arrangement to roll out the ceremony. When did you receive this mail and is it after the cancellation mail? Did you try calling IRCC and check?

All the best.

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018

you are lucky to receive invitation at IRCC local office. Will you please share on which date you received above email. I was to attend oath ceremony on 31st March 2020 at Scarborough. Thanks