+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your wishes i wish you will get soon. I am from Calgary
Thanks. Btw how did you find what office is processing your file?
I'm in Toronto, but I was asked to send fingerprints to vancouver.. does this mean our file is processed in van?

It's a bit puzzling because we've many offices in southern ontario

Twilight_Forever

Star Member
May 2, 2015
Hi. I got my test date today. For feb12
But i just says test date and no interview. So do i get interview letter later on. I have two small kids in my application do i have to take them with me as well Do anyone know about it. Thanks
Isn't your test invitation a 2-page pdf and containing this statement on the second page?

"When you write your test, you will also be interviewed by a citizenship officer to verify your identity and the originals of the documents you provided at the time you applied. During the interview, your knowledge of English or French will be verified. For more information on the official language requirement for citizenship"

Reactions: Amberhargun

Amberhargun

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Thanks. Btw how did you find what office is processing your file?
I'm in Toronto, but I was asked to send fingerprints to vancouver.. does this mean our file is processed in van?

It's a bit puzzling because we've many offices in southern ontario
Dear. Mostly i think all fp goes to vancover for just checking otherwise your file will be in your local office not vancover

Amberhargun

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Isn't your test invitation a 2-page pdf and containing this statement on the second page?

"When you write your test, you will also be interviewed by a citizenship officer to verify your identity and the originals of the documents you provided at the time you applied. During the interview, your knowledge of English or French will be verified. For more information on the official language requirement for citizenship"
Thanks i got it

VPCanada

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019
I received Test invite email today:

Test Invite letter received: 2020-01-21
Test/Interview date: 2020-02-04

Hussam68

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
London office is among the slowest, frustrating checking the application status everyday and hoping to get invited to take the test.

Amberhargun

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Is discover for canada book
Is sufficient for citizenship test or there is something else too study for preparation of test. Do any one know about it. Or any person in this group who appeared for test and pass it any recommendations Thanks

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Hi people, when you send a message to CIC through their online form, unfortunately, you don't receive confirmation in your email box.

I would like to have some record of the message I sent them... It was almost a month ago and no response yet.

It was to update an info on their end: can it be they simply felt there was no reason to send a quick acknowledgment of receipt?

Ottawa105

Nov 8, 2019
I am from Ottawa. my status changed to "In process" on Dec 10 and I haven't heard back since then.

My current passport is expiring on July 30th, 2020. Considering the fact that my current passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months, I will be unable to travel outside Canada after Jan 30th and I was planning to go few places.

Would this be considered a valid reason for urgent processing?

Thanks everyone

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
I am from Ottawa. my status changed to "In process" on Dec 10 and I haven't heard back since then.

My current passport is expiring on July 30th, 2020. Considering the fact that my current passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months, I will be unable to travel outside Canada after Jan 30th and I was planning to go few places.

Would this be considered a valid reason for urgent processing?

Thanks everyone
Absolutely not!

Unless your country no longer exists and/or can’t renew your passport.

Reactions: Venky Kesharaj

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
London office is among the slowest, frustrating checking the application status everyday and hoping to get invited to take the test.
It is puzzling how London could be slow.. their application count may not be high. Someone said Scar and in general GTA is the slowest because of volume of applications.