IELTS Request
Sent with App
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16 - 05- 2016
LANDED..........
JUNE 26, 2016
Hi Everyone, it will be really helpful if you could please point me in the right direction.

I had applied for citizenship in Aug 2019. Then I had made travel plans (to the USA) for Nov 10th. On that day I came to know that there was a case filed against me (I had no idea until then, and I had no criminal history from birth till then - the case is 'textual harassment') and I was not allowed to travel. On Nov 25th, I received the AOR. Now the case is in trial and I am 200% sure that this is a false allegation against me. Got to know from my lawyer as well that I will have clean record in few more weeks. Please note that I also updated IRCC about this case which I came to know after applying for the citizenship.

On Dec 28th, I received FP request, I assume the case was the reason. As I have 30 days to respond, I didn't do the FP since I was waiting for the case to be cleared, but the trial is taking longer than I thought (even though the opponent didn't appoint any lawyer). So I decided to withdraw the application. But few days ago, I received an email from IRCC for citizenship test on Feb 17th.

Now I am little confused as to what do I do. My first question is, I should still give FP right, even though I was also requested for citizenship test? I don't think I can safely assume that I will get the citizenship since I was asked for the test, even though the case is still in trial, can I?

Is it safe for me now to withdraw the application, and apply later? I can quote the case as the reason right?

I totally understand that this may not be the right place to ask such a question, but any help will be really helpful. The case is totally a false allegation and I am totally scared even though my lawyer assured me that I will come out of this clean.

Thank you so much in advance.
I think you should go ahead and provide the FP and write your test. There is no reason for you to withdraw your application. Hopefully you are cleared by the court but even if you are not, you would still need to apply for citizenship eventually. So just get it done now and PRAY that you get out of this unscathed. No use being scared. Just pray

Chocolaye

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
I think you should go ahead and provide the FP and write your test. There is no reason for you to withdraw your application. Hopefully you are cleared by the court but even if you are not, you would still need to apply for citizenship eventually. So just get it done now and PRAY that you get out of this unscathed. No use being scared. Just pray
I think you good to continue your citizenship process. One of my friends was in the same situation but was waiting for the permanent residence. CiC just holds on the decision until the case is closed to grant him the permanent residence statut

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
Update: Just got my Test Invite (Jan 16th) from Scarborough office for Test on Jan 30th.

Applied: Aug 1st
AOR: Oct 17th
In Process: Nov 19th
Test Invite: Jan 16th
Test: Jan 30th

Scarborough office

slee381

Oct 2, 2019
Just got the invite to do test about 40 min ago.

Q: I’m currently in Australia and am likely going to say no I cannot make it - I know they’ll contact me with a new date. Approx how much time from now can I expect before I’m called to do the test? Is it a couple of months?
How many times can I delay that?

Thanks.

slee381

Oct 2, 2019

Q: I’m currently in Australia and am likely going to say no I cannot make it - I know they’ll contact me with a new date. Approx how much time from now can I expect before I’m called to do the test? Is it a couple of months?

Thanks.
30 jan is the date.

VPCanada

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019

Thanks.
I think you can tell them your trip date and they can reschedule new test date for you.

citisatz13

Jan 16, 2020
Hi Everyone, it will be really helpful if you could please point me in the right direction.

I had applied for citizenship in Aug 2019. Then I had made travel plans (to the USA) for Nov 10th. On that day I came to know that there was a case filed against me (I had no idea until then, and I had no criminal history from birth till then - the case is 'textual harassment') and I was not allowed to travel. On Nov 25th, I received the AOR. Now the case is in trial and I am 200% sure that this is a false allegation against me. Got to know from my lawyer as well that I will have clean record in few more weeks. Please note that I also updated IRCC about this case which I came to know after applying for the citizenship.

On Dec 28th, I received FP request, I assume the case was the reason. As I have 30 days to respond, I didn't do the FP since I was waiting for the case to be cleared, but the trial is taking longer than I thought (even though the opponent didn't appoint any lawyer). So I decided to withdraw the application. But few days ago, I received an email from IRCC for citizenship test on Feb 17th.

Now I am little confused as to what do I do. My first question is, I should still give FP right, even though I was also requested for citizenship test? I don't think I can safely assume that I will get the citizenship since I was asked for the test, even though the case is still in trial, can I?

Is it safe for me now to withdraw the application, and apply later? I can quote the case as the reason right?

I totally understand that this may not be the right place to ask such a question, but any help will be really helpful. The case is totally a false allegation and I am totally scared even though my lawyer assured me that I will come out of this clean.

Thank you so much in advance.
@VPCanada, @Aby444, @Chocolaye - thank you so much for your answers. It is comforting to know that people here are so helpful, I really appreciate it.

One more question:
If I go for peace bond. do you have any idea whether it will affect my citizenship application since the peace bond will be in effect for one year? I understand that peace bond is totally different from pleading guilty (reference: http://lawfacts.ca/node/16)

@Chocolaye - do you have any idea on this from your friend's experience?

Just to let you know I do have 2 more years left in my permanent residence status.

Thank you in advance again.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015

Thanks.
Careful, you can only reschedule with a valid reason. If you do it too many times, they’ll treat it as an abandoned application. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=910&top=5

Appu@gkk

Aug 14, 2019
Hello,
Please update the below details;

Test invite received on 20th Dec 2019
Test done on 10th Jan 2020
Passed ! (20/20):)

How many days does it takes to shows DM on ECAS after exam?

Thanks in advance.

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
Hello,
Please update the below details;

Test invite received on 20th Dec 2019
Test done on 10th Jan 2020
Passed ! (20/20):)

How many days does it takes to shows DM on ECAS after exam?

Thanks in advance.
It varies, some get DM the day after, for us we took the test on Nov 8th and we got DM Jan 13th.

Dec 22, 2017
Hello Fellow members,
I am a newbie to the forum.
I have recently applied for Citizenship and thought this would be a nice place to gain access to some information.

My Status:
Application nature - Single
Applied from - North York
Application sent to CIC - Aug 22, 2019
Application rec'd by CIC - Aug 29, 2019
AOR received - Nov 22, 2019
Application Process start date - Dec 18, 2019

I have not received any communication after that.

Any one in the same boat?

I have two questions. will be glad if anyone can answer.
1. If anyone applied from North York, can you tell me whether the applications will be sent to Scarborough or Toronto, for processing?
2. How do the current processing times look like in these two areas? Rough estimate on time it takes after process starts?

Msjanjan

Nov 2, 2014
Please update the spreadsheet today I received
NOTICE TO APPEAR: TO WRITE A CITIZENSHIP TEST AND/OR FOR VERIFICATION OF
IDENTITY/DOCUMENTS and it’s scheduled for February 13th at the Scarborough office

Msjanjan

Nov 2, 2014
Hello Fellow members,
I am a newbie to the forum.
I have recently applied for Citizenship and thought this would be a nice place to gain access to some information.

My Status:
Application nature - Single
Applied from - North York
Application sent to CIC - Aug 22, 2019
Application rec'd by CIC - Aug 29, 2019
AOR received - Nov 22, 2019
Application Process start date - Dec 18, 2019

I have not received any communication after that.

Any one in the same boat?

I have two questions. will be glad if anyone can answer.
1. If anyone applied from North York, can you tell me whether the applications will be sent to Scarborough or Toronto, for processing?
2. How do the current processing times look like in these two areas? Rough estimate on time it takes after process starts?
I live in Barrie and Application was received on Aug 6th and in process on November 26th but I only received the test invite today and my application is being processed by the Scarborough centre hope this helps