+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question guys

If my passport is expiring in July 2020, can I apply for urgent processing in Feb or Mar if there was no progress in the application by that time?

terulinkarezinka

Apr 13, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question guys

If my passport is expiring in July 2020, can I apply for urgent processing in Feb or Mar if there was no progress in the application by that time?
Please see the requirements for urgent processing in CIC website:
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html

To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:

• needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship
Even if these conditions apply to you, we may not be able to process your request urgently. If we do process your request urgently, we may not be able to do it in time to help your situation.

terulinkarezinka

Apr 13, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Trying to see the trend on how much time it takes from In process to Test Invite - Starting from June, see only people from Calgary, Edmonton and Montreal got test invites. Does it mean no one else has gotten a test invite yet or people not updating forum on their status?

Any suggestions from champion members?
I think it is a bit of both - Calgary is a very fast processing office considering the spreadsheet numbers, so it doesn't go faster there. but I also think after the test invite, and test passing - the decision is done fairly quickly, sometimes even the same day. I think a lot of people don't bother to come and update their group and so their name in spreadsheet gets abandoned.

Reactions: Guru66

Guru66

Aug 19, 2019
I'm not a champion member..
From other sheets in that excel, it seems to take 4-6 weeks on average to get Test Invite Letter and then test gets scheduled about a month further out. So expect some movement in late December/early Jan and a test in February.
Thank you for your response!

Guru66

Aug 19, 2019
I think it is a bit of both - Calgary is a very fast processing office considering the spreadsheet numbers, so it doesn't go faster there. but I also think after the test invite, and test passing - the decision is done fairly quickly, sometimes even the same day. I think a lot of people don't bother to come and update their group and so their name in spreadsheet gets abandoned.
Thank you. Any idea whether you get an option to reschedule the test once after you receive e-mail for test invite? I am traveling out of Canada from Feb 21 to Mar 14. I am thinking to take a chance to wait until I get invite to see if I am scheduled before or after ?

Bella Swan

Star Member
Mar 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14, 2013 (MPNP) July 8, 2014 CIO
Doc's Request.
October 21, 2014 RPRF, COC
Nomination.....
April 30, 2014
AOR Received.
September 9, 2014
Med's Request
October 21, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Passport Req..
October 31, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2014
App sent: Aug 12, 2019
App received: Aug 15, 2019
AOR: Nov 4, 2019
ECAS: In process Nov 22, 2019

Please include me in the spreadsheet.
Thanks!

Uangel

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
Visa Office......
OOPNP
NOC Code......
Hi all,
Just checked my application and saw it went to In Process on Nov 16. Please update.

Good luck everyone.

jasperJ

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
How do we usually receive correspondence for citizenship applications, through mail or email?

My status changed yesterday from received to in-process with an additional message mentioning additional documents required but haven’t received any email yet.

Last edited:

wackytacky

Jul 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FAM
My Application seems to take longer than other folks to move to "In Process"
Sent Aug 3th,
Rcvd Aug 7th,
AOR Oct 25
Status till now: Application Received

che2019

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
How do we usually receive correspondence for citizenship applications, through mail or email?

My status changed yesterday from received to in-process with an additional message mentioning additional documents required but haven’t received any email yet.
no email for that one. just gotta keep checking IRCC site. as far as i known, the test invite does come in email, and/or mail.

che2019

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
I'm not a champion member..
From other sheets in that excel, it seems to take 4-6 weeks on average to get Test Invite Letter and then test gets scheduled about a month further out. So expect some movement in late December/early Jan and a test in February.
it seems like the rest dates from invite test dates are usually shorter , I ve seen a bunch only 10 days to two weeks. but not sure with Christmas and NYD how it's gonna play out.

che2019

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Thank you. Any idea whether you get an option to reschedule the test once after you receive e-mail for test invite? I am traveling out of Canada from Feb 21 to Mar 14. I am thinking to take a chance to wait until I get invite to see if I am scheduled before or after ?
I m in the same both. leaving Jan 16 to early Feb. I think I will wait for the invite first then if needed to be rescheduled so be it.

Pretty Ghost

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2014
Nomination.....
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
13-02-2015
Med's Request
14-03-2015
Med's Done....
20-03-2015, Third line updated on 01-04-2015
My first post in this thread. Received AOR yesterday. Admin - can you please add me on the tracker sheet?

App sent: Aug 26, 2019
App received: Aug 29, 2019
AOR: Nov 25, 2019
Physical presence: 1107 days

Thanks and good luck everyone!

Reactions: che2019