+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

andy10

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
It is "normal" since there are no tests anymore.
they're still working on transitioning to online tests...in his last interview, the immigration minister said that they were almost there, which he also said 4 months ago...85,000 are on the same boat...i would suggest following another 2 threads about the citizenship tests...
Many people contacted IRCC, used the press and social media, contacted their MP, protested in Toronto and Montreal last Saturday for nothing...
There is an active lawsuit between IRCC union and the government about returning to work...long story short IRCC employees don't want to get back to work but they still get fully paid...No one seems to care...only one MP in BC sent a letter to the immigration minister, and he hasn't responded yet.

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have sent message to our Prime Minister Mr. Trudeau asking to look into the status of the citizenship applicants and to help in finding a solution to our long wait. Below is their reply :

“On behalf of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your correspondence.

Please be assured that your comments have been carefully reviewed. In your correspondence, you raise an issue that falls within the portfolio of the Honourable Marco Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship. I have therefore taken the liberty of forwarding your email to Minister Mendicino for information and consideration.

Thank you for taking the time to write.”

Thanks for taking some actions Hussam. Are you planning to follow-up after some days?

I think writing to our local MP asking them to raise the issue in parliament is also a good idea?

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
they're still working on transitioning to online tests...in his last interview, the immigration minister said that they were almost there, which he also said 4 months ago...85,000 are on the same boat...i would suggest following another 2 threads about the citizenship tests...
Many people contacted IRCC, used the press and social media, contacted their MP, protested in Toronto and Montreal last Saturday for nothing...
There is an active lawsuit between IRCC union and the government about returning to work...long story short IRCC employees don't want to get back to work but they still get fully paid...No one seems to care...only one MP in BC sent a letter to the immigration minister, and he hasn't responded yet.

What is this lawsuit about? Union workers have the right to not work "indefinitely"?

andy10

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
What is this lawsuit about? Union workers have the right to not work "indefinitely"?
http://psacunion.ca/changes-699-leave-psac-take-further-legal-action

The below is a quote from a facebook group ( i didn't write it)

Federal employees have special leave, called code 699 leave ... It is a device that allows them to enjoy and relax with taxpayer money without working, indefinitely on the pretext of the pandemic ... Recently, the council of the Treasury of Canada, to end abuse of the 699 code introduced changes to the 699 code, and made its use more regulated. From Monday, November 9, they will be forced to return to work, or withhold the vacation credit from their usual vacation if they want to relax. The link with the details:
https://www.canada.ca/.../message-chro-covid-19-other...
The union of federal employees immediately launched legal proceedings against this new directorate of the Treasury Board, even going so far as to claim ... A vaccine to consider considering a return to work. You do not believe me ? Read their communication, the word vaccine is clearly indicated at the end of the document:
http://psacunion.ca/changes-699-leave-psac-take-further...

Last edited:
Reactions: Flandernss

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
http://psacunion.ca/changes-699-leave-psac-take-further-legal-action

The below is a quote from a facebook group ( i didn't write it)

Federal employees have special leave, called code 699 leave ... It is a device that allows them to enjoy and relax with taxpayer money without working, indefinitely on the pretext of the pandemic ... Recently, the council of the Treasury of Canada, to end abuse of the 699 code introduced changes to the 699 code, and made its use more regulated. From Monday, November 9, they will be forced to return to work, or withhold the vacation credit from their usual vacation if they want to relax. The link with the details:
https://www.canada.ca/.../message-chro-covid-19-other...
The union of federal employees immediately launched legal proceedings against this new directorate of the Treasury Board, even going so far as to claim ... A vaccine to consider considering a return to work. You do not believe me ? Read their communication, the word vaccine is clearly indicated at the end of the document:
http://psacunion.ca/changes-699-leave-psac-take-further...
Thanks a lot for that!
But I suppose this code 699 is only a contributing factor. After all, they are still working, even if at reduced capacity: virtual Oaths and FP requests are proof. The real problem is the tests, whatever the specific, technical problem might be, no?

andy10

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Thanks a lot for that!
But I suppose this code 699 is only a contributing factor. After all, they are still working, even if at reduced capacity: virtual Oaths and FP requests are proof. The real problem is the tests, whatever the specific, technical problem might be, no?
According to an interview with the immigration minister, he said that IRCC was still working on automating exams...who knows how long this will take

Hussam68

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Thanks for taking some actions Hussam. Are you planning to follow-up after some days?

I think writing to our local MP asking them to raise the issue in parliament is also a good idea?
Hi, I have talked to our MP and his reply was IRCC are still Not in their full cap yet... same answer.....

randr

Dec 7, 2019
Montreal
Virtual Citizenship Ceremony done today!
Best of luck to everyone. I really hope they resume the tests soon for those waiting.

Timeline:
Exam/Interview Jan 15
FP request Sep 1
DM Nov 6
Ceremony invitation Nov 9
Virtual Ceremony Nov 13

Montreal Office

Reactions: Uma_H

Hussam68

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Virtual Citizenship Ceremony done today!
Best of luck to everyone. I really hope they resume the tests soon for those waiting.

Timeline:
Exam/Interview Jan 15
FP request Sep 1
DM Nov 6
Ceremony invitation Nov 9
Virtual Ceremony Nov 13

Montreal Office
Congratulations... it’s a big day .... enjoy Randr

Reactions: randr

Pkb14

Aug 1, 2019
Virtual Citizenship Oath Ceremony done today. We had received an invitation on Nov 6 to appear on Nov 16 (today) entire process took about an hour. Good luck to everyone waiting hopefully all of you will get an invitation soon.

Reactions: randr and EUK