+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Hi Everyone - What questions do they ask during the Oath ceremony? For video call, should we be physically present in Canada to complete Oath ceremony. If yes, what are options for people living/working outside of Canada? Please advise, thanks.
No questions asked. Just general inquiries like how are you/ how have you been/any change in address etc. followed by verifying your IDs to ensure that the correct person is being given the oath.

For general category applicants (non bureaucratic) taking the oath, one has to be present physically in Canada.

If you are living outside Canada and have received an invite for the oath the two options you have are to either fly into Canada and get it done (I understand it may not be possible during a pandemic with travel restrictions in place) or tell IRCC about your situation and get the oath postponed (again you will have to be physically present in Canada in future).

In this uncertain times, I am not sure if IRCC has any rules (pertaining to the oath ceremony) relaxed for people who might have left Canada to attend to any urgency/emergency abroad and got stuck thereby giving them an opportunity to reach the local embassy/consulate and take the citizenship oath. Please check with IRCC.

Reactions: srangana1989

grajdev382

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-08-2015
Med's Done....
25-07-2015
Folks who have got their citizenship certificates, did you apply for passport?
What is the process to apply as in person appointments for passport application is still not open?

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017

srangana1989

Jul 2, 2015
No questions asked. Just general inquiries like how are you/ how have you been/any change in address etc. followed by verifying your IDs to ensure that the correct person is being given the oath.

For general category applicants (non bureaucratic) taking the oath, one has to be present physically in Canada.

If you are living outside Canada and have received an invite for the oath the two options you have are to either fly into Canada and get it done (I understand it may not be possible during a pandemic with travel restrictions in place) or tell IRCC about your situation and get the oath postponed (again you will have to be physically present in Canada in future).

In this uncertain times, I am not sure if IRCC has any rules (pertaining to the oath ceremony) relaxed for people who might have left Canada to attend to any urgency/emergency abroad and got stuck thereby giving them an opportunity to reach the local embassy/consulate and take the citizenship oath. Please check with IRCC.
thank you! I’ll check with IRCC.

shdewan

Sep 12, 2020
Hi, My citizenship application was received by IRCC on 30 Aug 2019 and it has been exactly one year since date of receipt of application. Please let me know if anyone has received invitation for citizenship test who has applied before or around Aug 2019 and what is approx delay beyond one year due to covid 19. Thanks,Shatamjeev

srangana1989

Jul 2, 2015
Hello Everyone - I plan on traveling from US to Canada to attend my virtual Oath ceremony. I have couple of questions.

1. I'm based at Seattle. Can I travel to Vancouver and do my Oath or should I travel to Calgary as I applied for Citizenship from Calgary?
2. Can I return to USA on the same day after my Oath ceremony which is scheduled at 10 am or is it mandatory to quarantine for 14 days ?
3. The ceremony says it is at 10 am. I am not sure what the timezone is. It is not mentioned in the PDF. I'm assuming this will be mountain time because I applied from Calgary ?

Would really appreciate if someone can help here, thanks.

DanielQ

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Hello Everyone - I plan on traveling from US to Canada to attend my virtual Oath ceremony. I have couple of questions.

1. I'm based at Seattle. Can I travel to Vancouver and do my Oath or should I travel to Calgary as I applied for Citizenship from Calgary?
2. Can I return to USA on the same day after my Oath ceremony which is scheduled at 10 am or is it mandatory to quarantine for 14 days ?
3. The ceremony says it is at 10 am. I am not sure what the timezone is. It is not mentioned in the PDF. I'm assuming this will be mountain time because I applied from Calgary ?

1: As soon as you are in Canada, you should are fine.
2: Well you could just take the oath in the car and drive back to WA without going outside. You may find out the real answer with boarder officer.
3: The oath invitation email should mention time zone after the time. You may check again as mine said PST.

Alberta30

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016

Yes it would be mountain time ( Alberta time) because I applied from Edmonton, had 9:30 oath and it was exactly at 0930.

Reactions: srangana1989

WorriedMe20

Aug 19, 2019
Sorry for late update but here it is:

My husband and I finally received our virtual ceremony invite on September 4th, and our virtual Oath Ceremony was on Wednesday, Sep 9th at 8:30am.
There were more than 40 participants (I think 42). Everything lasted for about and hour, we started about 15ish min later than scheduled.
We are now waiting for our certificates to arrive. We are in Toronto, and our processes was in Scarborough office.

Good luck everyone!

grajdev382

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-08-2015
Med's Done....
25-07-2015
Status updated to complete :)

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 14, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 31, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on November 29, 2019.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 24, 2020 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 7, 2020 at 8:16 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. You became a Canadian citizen on September 9, 2020.

Lulu91

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
My processing office is Scarborough.

Sept 2- I sent question on the web form and later that same day I received a virtual oath invite email.

Sept 4-I received a call to confirm the date of my ceremony.

Sept 8- Ceremony took place with 36 people. The whole process took an hour in total.

Sept 9- ECAS changed to complete.

Sept 14- received citizenship certificate.

Admins, could someone please update the spreadsheet? Thanks everyone for all your help:)

srangana1989

Jul 2, 2015
1: As soon as you are in Canada, you should are fine.
2: Well you could just take the oath in the car and drive back to WA without going outside. You may find out the real answer with boarder officer.
3: The oath invitation email should mention time zone after the time. You may check again as mine said PST.
For 1, Thank you. For 2, That's going to be interesting! For 3, I triple checked - no timezone mentioned. I think it'll be MST as I applied from Calgary.