+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

terulinkarezinka

Apr 13, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You guys, it's here: Oath invite received (for video ceremony). Scheduled for Sept 18th.

I am having a little theory - they might be looking at the PR card expiry? I was just starting to panic, as mine and my husband's PR card's are expiring Sept 5th. I was worried what we gonna do if we have to travel for emergency reasons. So here it is now. Super excited, although I imagined this day in a different way. Feeling thankful and blessed for coming to the end of my journey with immigration offices.

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Got FP request... reassuring to see things are moving... Why do they ask FP anyway? Are there criminals with the same name as me?

I also checked our tracking file: am I right in suspecting FP normally comes around the time they invite you to the test? Is it some sort of last check?

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
Got FP request... reassuring to see things are moving... Why do they ask FP anyway? Are there criminals with the same name as me?

I also checked our tracking file: am I right in suspecting FP normally comes around the time they invite you to the test? Is it some sort of last check?
FP request usually happens within a couple of weeks of IP. Pre-COVID anyway.

terulinkarezinka

Apr 13, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks so much for kind words and blessing. I also got yesterday night invitation for oath ceremony for 23 sep. wish all of you waiting for ceremony best of luck you will get soon. Thanks
YAYYY! Congrats! I'm happy Calgary started moving and showing off how fast they can be. Keeping their reputation of the fastest processing in Canada :)

terulinkarezinka

Apr 13, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Pre-Covid, our file went to in process and a week later my husband received FP request. He submitted within days and like week later we got test invite. It means someone is looking at your file.
I have read here in forum that FP request is issued if your name matches someone else in the system just to verify your identity.

Reactions: Flandernss

kumarjo

Feb 25, 2015
My file is from Hamilton office. Test was in February. Just saw that the status changed to DM for both of us. No update anywhere else.
Hoping to get an oath invite coming week. Will keep updated for those who are waiting for some movement from Hamilton Office.

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
Guys any update about the TEST invites ???? when they gonna start the testing for Citizenship ??

tdelyte

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
ANKARA, TURKEY
App. Filed.......
February 8th, 2011 (CIC MISS)
File Transfer...
April 1st, 2011
Med's Request
RE-DO December 15th, 2011
Med's Done....
December 22, 2011
Interview........
May 10th, 2011- PASSED and informed the same day :-)
Passport Req..
January 24th, 2012-(phone call from Embassy) "medical has been received" updated on ECAS on December 19th
VISA ISSUED...
January 25th, 2012- Drop off PPT in the morning and told to come back in afternoon to pick-up PPT with Canadian VISA :-)
Guys any update about the TEST invites ???? when they gonna start the testing for Citizenship ??
I’m wondering the same thing - a bunch of people are hit hard with no testing due to COVID. No updates, no movement and it’s officially been a year since applying. I’m glad to see there is movement with Oath ceremonies, that’s positive.

grajdev382

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-08-2015
Med's Done....
25-07-2015
Done with my Oath today. The process was smooth and it took around an hour. There were more than 30 people in the virtual ceremony.
Waiting for citizenship certificates now :)