+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

nextlevelife

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
As far as I know, this is a usual step for all outland applicants and it doesn't tell how much progress has already been made. The only thing we know is that your R10 and medical have been done by Sydney before the transfer.

You could try getgcmsnotes.com or other similar websites that are popular on this forum:)

As to calling them, I don't have any experience as to how to contact an overseas VO. You could search for this info on this forum as many folks have done so.

To be honest, even after we have passed the 6-month mark, I still don't believe they will provide a valuable response. We should only expect a generic reply such as it is still in progress, it needs additional verifications, it is in queue to be reviewed by an officer and blablabla.
Hi @baltzly , thank you for your inputs sir. Just trying to understand ... some of them posted in last couple of months here that their file moved to CPC’s from Sydney after eligibility assessment also. Is it like work load distribution or anything else. As far as i read, file transfer to cpc’s (and then to LVO’s) after initial assessment like r10 and medicals.

Reactions: baltzly

nextlevelife

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
Hey

Some people do suggest that the transfer between those VOs is an action aimed at redistributing workload among them. I have also heard that some files (inland applicants) are transferred by Sydney VO to CPC Ottava for final review before PPR is sent out. For outlanders, files are usually sent to overseas VO after R10 and medical are done, so in this case CPC Ottava is not involved at all. I personally haven't encountered a case that involves all the three VOs (Sydney, Ottava and an overseas VO).
thanks for the info sir.

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
Thanks for the info all... In my case I suspect my file was transferred after R10, as the agent said it was transferred in Sept / Oct however my medicals were only passed in Nov (spouse had to undergo extra tests). When I asked the agent to confirm if meds were passed she said she couldn't see that information.

marksiwat123

Jan 17, 2020
This is my first time calling IRCC. My AOR is August 21, 2019 and MEP passed on September 20, 2019. The agent says I already passed criminality and eligibility is met, security hasn't started yet. VO is Sydney. She recommends me to call back and ask them to send the message to the office only if I didn't receive anything at the end of February.

Does anyone know how long does it take for the security check? The agent says 6 month is just an estimate, doesn't mean anything. I think she implies due to the high volume of applications, there would be a delay on all files. And I am also wondering does the avg processing time in Sydney office is longer than other offices? According to the previous discussion on the forum, Sydney office always takes longer time.

Cool007

Dec 3, 2018
Do we have any August 2019 AOR, BCPNP, inland applicant from BC? I need some help in applying for BOWP or Closed work permit?

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
Sure:)

I'm a FSW inland applicant, and I have just completed my studies in Canada (I used my previous overseas work experience to qualify for FSW, so my application actually has nothing to do with my studies in Canada). I have seen several FSW inlanders being processed in Sydney and they have all been sent to SS just like me.

If your VO is Ottava, then you can expect a faster processing time:) Also, you need to figure out if your security screening is a comprehensive one (I hope it isn't), this will help you estimate the approximate completion time:)
Well...my husband called IRCC today. We still don't know in which VO our application is. We still getting the "we can't disclosure" answer.
The agent said the same thing as the previous one: everything is OK. Security is still on-going.
He asked if it is a regular screening or comprehensive screening, to what she answered: there is not such a thing...:confused:
But then, she said that the security screening would be based on the countries we lived before coming to Canada, which is just one country. And the processing time would depend on how long they get the response from the home country.
I don't wanna have extreme high hopes, but it seems to me that the security screening for us is not the comprehensive one.
Still on the waiting game...

nextlevelife

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
@baltzly Last time when I call and check the status, I was told background is in process and security is not started, criminality is passed.
I was kind of confused that criminality + security is background but when security is not started how can background is in progress.
Somewhere I was thinking that this background verification that decide so n so app needs to be security screening or not.
can it b true ?
As far as i know Security will start once eligibility is updated to pass by final officer.

May be i was wrong. :p

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I am actually furious at this discrimination, especially when it happens in a country that is supposed to respect equality and avoid discrimination. I think it is OK to have slightly different processing times from case to case, but it is not acceptable to see some cases concluded in 1-2 months while others have to wait for more than a year. This difference is beyond reasonable.
I know you are frustrated but that has nothing to do with discrimination. It is cliche but every case is different, so you cannot expect all take the same time.

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
I know you are frustrated but that has nothing to do with discrimination. It is cliche but every case is different, so you cannot expect all take the same time.
I do feel there is a discrimination especially for PR applicants with some nationality and applicants assigned to some specific Visa offices like Sydney NS.
How else can we explain some of the applicants from a specific nationality being assigned to Security Screening all the time, also when 2 applicants applying under same stream with same profiles one of them is getting approved within a month and the other one taking more than 6months with no specific explanation why, it is just because the first one got assigned to a visa office with faster processing times where as the unlucky second one got assigned to a VO that takes a long time to process.
When all the study & work permit applications are taking same time to process irrespective of their VO and nationality it should be same for all PR applications, i feel it is just injustice for some applicants

Last edited:

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
I agree. In some VO, applicants from certain countries are all sent to SS without any exception. How can all the applicants from those countries pose security risk? I think the reasonable method should be that everyone goes through a standard security check, and only cases found to be suspicious in the standard check are sent to enhanced screening, rather than deciding which case goes to SS before the security check begins.

Also, if our case needs additional verifications, at least they should communicate with us, let us know the reason and suggest a new estimated conclusion date.

I have a friend who recently applied for Australian PR, she told me that once the completeness of her file was checked, she was assigned a visa officer whose name and employee number were both disclosed to her, so she can contact that officer on an one-on-one basis if she has any concern, inquiry or question. The PR fee in Australia is several times higher than the fee we pay for Canada PR, but I would prefer to pay a higher fee in exchange for a better and more personalized visa service to avoid uncertainty, frustration caused by the lack of communication and transparency.
I totally agree that they should inform us if we are being subjected to more security checks or if our application is being delayed more than the regular processing times, atleast that’s how we will know when to expect a decision on our application

Last edited:

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
Hey it’s good to hear some updates from you! Yes the call agents cannot distinguish between security check and security screening. Did you ask when your security was initiated? Or when your eligibility was passed? if you’ve waited for more than 6-8 weeks after eligibility is cleared, then you should consider the possibility of SS, otherwise just wait with patience and you may get PPR very soon!
I've been around but not posting anything...trying to manage my anxiety.
Security initiated on Dec 11th when we had that GU. So it's completing 6 weeks tomorrow :). If we take Holidays under consideration, even less than that.

sujithjm24

May 29, 2019
Hi All,
My AOR came in on Aug 21st.
Medicals cleared on Sep 5th
Biometrics done on Sep 10th.
Background Check says " we are processing your BG check, will send you a msg if we need more info". Its been the same since the beginning.

Processing, RPR & Boimetrics fee were paid in advance.

2 weeks ago I raised a webform and they mentioned my application is with the Local VO in New Delhi, the same day I created another webform to the New Delhi Office, no updates yet.

The Progress Bar shows 30 Days remaining.

Any suggestions as to how much more time it would take or on how to get some update on the background check.

time.pass1970

Jan 22, 2020
Maybe it's just me, but a quick look at immitracker suggests that the FSW-Inland (esp. Sydney NS) folks have the longest wait times by far.

My tracker says 19 days left but I don't have any hopes of getting my PR on time given the trend so far.

Thoughts, anyone?

Reactions: zoug86 and baltzly

time.pass1970

Jan 22, 2020
Hey

We are on the same boat. I am also a FSW inlander (Sydney VO) and I do have paid attention to he immitracker data showing that our stream is the slowest. My progress bar suggests only 10 days left, but I have got zero update in the past few months. My last update occurred on August 23 (medical pass).

Have you tried contacting IRCC? Although we all face some degree of delay, the causes are different, so we need to find out what is holding our applications back.
I did, but it was of no use. Even the response to the webform query was disappointing. On a related note, does this thing ever work for anyone? https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

It has never been able to find my application so far, no matter which ID type I try for looking up.

Absolutely useless

hmusman79

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019