Med's Request
10-12-2018
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
Interview........
Not needed
Interesting one....

A couple of days ago, in GCKey my 'biometrics' updated to 'Completed.'

Today (this afternoon), I looked at ECAS and the status is 'Decision Made' - but not additional messages added to the log.

In GCKey, no update. (It still says 'We are still reviewing your eligibility' and 'We are processing your background check' and 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision is made.' (I don't detect any subtle changes in wording?))

Good....? bad....?

UPDATE
OK - to answer my own question, I searched these forums:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/decision-made.416166/

Seems 'Decision Made' appears in both eCAS for applicant and sponsor when completed (the sponsor's even shows both side by side). - Check!
If no interview or additional docs, then likely this is a 'YES'. - Exciting! (I've had the request for UPDATED police cert and Schedule A - but no additional docs)
If you are a citizen of a visa-exempt country, they skip the whole 'request for passport' and 'Decision Made' should mean that CoPR (Confirmation of PR) is going out in the post.

I'm counting no chickens yet - but will keep you informed. Hopefully any update in a few days time will be of interest to the rest of you.

Good luck. Stay patient.

Last edited:

michaelmaher1994

Jul 14, 2019
Interesting one....

Today (this afternoon), I looked at ECAS and the status is 'Decision Made' - but not additional messages added to the log.

In GCKey, no update. (It still says 'We are still reviewing your eligibility' and 'We are processing your background check' and 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision is made.' (I don't detect any subtle changes in wording?))

Good....? bad....?

UPDATE
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/decision-made.416166/

Seems 'Decision Made' appears in both eCAS for applicant and sponsor when completed (the sponsor's even shows both side by side). - Check!
If no interview or additional docs, then likely this is a 'YES'. - Exciting! (I've had the request for UPDATED police cert and Schedule A - but no additional docs)
If you are a citizen of a visa-exempt country, they skip the whole 'request for passport' and 'Decision Made' should mean that CoPR (Confirmation of PR) is going out in the post.

I'm counting no chickens yet - but will keep you informed. Hopefully any update in a few days time will be of interest to the rest of you.

Good luck. Stay patient.

Congrats man, 15 days left until the 12 month mark myself. Fingers crossed.

MuAn

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
Interesting one....

Good....? bad....?

UPDATE

Good luck. Stay patient.
Congratulations

Netraam

Oct 14, 2017
Interesting one....

Good....? bad....?

UPDATE

Good luck. Stay patient.
Congrats buddy! Seems like the expedited police cert is paying off lol. I finally got in my police cert today, hope to follow you now!

King Of the RIng

Dec 18, 2018
Application received Aug 24, 2018. AOR1, Med Request, in Dec 2018. Transfer to LVO March 20, 2018. Pre Arrival June 12. Finger prints request Jun 20. Finger prints completed July 05. Since then waiting. No updates....In June, Got a letter for more information as they messed up with my fee. So i paid the fee again and they refunded me the old fee..
So it still says reviewing submitted documets and BGC is in progress and same for decision made since ever.
How long is the wait after pre-arrival. Its been already more than a month.
Please suggest.

Reactions: lion.com

Netraam

Oct 14, 2017
Application received Aug 24, 2018. AOR1, Med Request, in Dec 2018. Transfer to LVO March 20, 2018. Pre Arrival June 12. Finger prints request Jun 20. Finger prints completed July 05. Since then waiting. No updates....In June, Got a letter for more information as they messed up with my fee. So i paid the fee again and they refunded me the old fee..
So it still says reviewing submitted documets and BGC is in progress and same for decision made since ever.
How long is the wait after pre-arrival. Its been already more than a month.
Please suggest.
Hard to make any suggestions, could be anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to a few months... But hey, keep optimistic and manifest it!

tinyspoon

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Got a transfer email on Friday guys! It’s transferred to missisuaga 100%. Also I got a really interesting response from the ircc, turns out they use a 3rd party for the bgc which is why it takes so long. Ircc literally have no cont

Reactions: Netraam

Netraam

Oct 14, 2017
Got a transfer email on Friday guys! It’s transferred to missisuaga 100%. Also I got a really interesting response from the ircc, turns out they use a 3rd party for the bgc which is why it takes so long. Ircc literally have no cont
That's just awesome news bud! Now let's hope they live up to their reputation of processing SUPERRRFAST!

Netraam

Oct 14, 2017
as a uk citizen will I get ppr or just straight up COPR ?
As you don't need a visa, you will not have to bother with sending in your passport. If I understand the process correctly, you will get your CoPR send straight away. Please correct me if I'm wrong, anyone...

Sumishah

Jun 27, 2019
It’s great to see you all get your pre-arrival letters. We still haven’t heard anything back since February 2019. . I’ve called the immigration a million times and they won’t give any info cuz our application is sitting in London, England.

kevinthegerbil

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018