+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Sbb02

Jan 26, 2019
Hey, how r u? May I ask, from your history I noticed that it took like 9 months for file transfer... did u ever find out why?
I am November applicant, and medical is done, but nothing else... no transfer.. would be nice if you could share your experience! Thank u:)
My application was submitted on 22 August last year. They started reviewing the file in Dec 2018. No contact whatsoever until last month May. They sent the medical request, the next day we get the SA and 3 weeks later I receive an email from the Visa office saying they are checking my eligibility.
As per my representative I was supposed to be receiving the biometrics request right after medical. It didn't happen.

Also, we applied through the paper application and the only way I can check updates is through ECAS. I think my representative has linked my application to his account to get the updates.

My cousin's spouse applied for her in July last year and she got her visa a week ago. We have a common representative. She got her visa in less than 12 months without an interview.
I also know a friend's cousin who got her visa in 8 months without an interview.

Apart from this my brother's friend got his visa in 2 years. They submitted the application thrice and he was called for an interview as well.

Reactions: sveta

Porsh

Dec 12, 2018
I got passport request last on May 29. My passport expires in October (which is less than the 6months validity). I have applied for a new one and was expecting it on May 31 but I it still not ready as of today June 6 but PPR has 15days deadline. Does anyone know how to request for an extension of the deadline?
Thank you.

Sbb02

Jan 26, 2019
I understand! Fingers crossed that no interview for you so no extra timewaste!!! But sometimes people have interviews and it is still within the 12 months period. We also have representative and only way I check my file is ecas as well... so where is your file now? Still in Sydney? Will it go to the local visa office? Thank you for sharing your experience! Good luck to us! ;)
My file was in Sydney, NS but moved to London (not my local visa office). I do know about cases where the file moved from Sydney to Mississauga instead of the applicant's local visa office. And then there are cases the file goes to the local visa office.

London is currently handling cases for 13 countries, they did mention it in the email. My brother's friend told him that I'm lucky my file went to London instead of our local visa office. If the London office gives the approval I'm sure they will ask me to send my passport to the local visa office.

Fingers crossed hoping they don't ask for interview. Good luck to us and let's hope it's done within the 12 month deadline ;);););)

Gagansunny arora

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
7august2018
Doc's Request.
27 oct 2018
Nomination.....
Husband
AOR Received.
23 oct2018
File Transfer...
7 feb 2019
Med's Done....
30 oct 2018
Got Pre arrival letter and status decision made now how much time for ppr?

Reactions: OutlandeuropePa

Sbb02

Jan 26, 2019
I understand you! To be honest, I would prefer interview than total silence from them. But it’s again extra time....

And may I ask after what time sitting in Sydney your file moved to London? Why I ask, because my file since novermver still in Sydney and it worries me why... Trying to stay positive of course, but that worries us a little...
9 months and 1 week.

Netraam

Oct 14, 2017
My file was in Sydney, NS but moved to London (not my local visa office). I do know about cases where the file moved from Sydney to Mississauga instead of the applicant's local visa office. And then there are cases the file goes to the local visa office.

London is currently handling cases for 13 countries, they did mention it in the email. My brother's friend told him that I'm lucky my file went to London instead of our local visa office. If the London office gives the approval I'm sure they will ask me to send my passport to the local visa office.

Fingers crossed hoping they don't ask for interview. Good luck to us and let's hope it's done within the 12 month deadline ;);););)
Lucky to be ending up in London? Hmm, not sure if I'd agree with that... What would be your local visa office?

tango47

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
I'm an August 2'nd 2018 applicant. Today, the automated line at IRCC says that if you applied after July 8, 2018 then they haven't started processing your application yet. Whattttttt? They obviously have because ours is up to AOR2 as of now. What could that mean? Anyways, us August people are getting close. Or so we hope.

Sbb02

Jan 26, 2019
I'm an August 2'nd 2018 applicant. Today, the automated line at IRCC says that if you applied after July 8, 2018 then they haven't started processing your application yet. Whattttttt? They obviously have because ours is up to AOR2 as of now. What could that mean? Anyways, us August people are getting close. Or so we hope.
Now that's weird, I'm upto AOR2 as well. My cousin was July 2018 applicant. She got her visa 10 days ago. I'm hoping we would be next :):):):):)

Reactions: OutlandeuropePa

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
It’s an automated recording and it doesn’t mean anything at all. It automatically updates with a new date every eeek or so but the dates it gives mean nothing specific and the updates aren’t tied in any way to your application or anyone else’s application. I think it’s just there to keep people patient, but it’s very confusing!

tango47

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
It’s an automated recording and it doesn’t mean anything at all. It automatically updates with a new date every eeek or so but the dates it gives mean nothing specific and the updates aren’t tied in any way to your application or anyone else’s application. I think it’s just there to keep people patient, but it’s very confusing!
That's what I thought. Completely meaningless.

Abonde

Jan 10, 2018
Hello All,
I would love to share some good news with you, we received pre-arrival and PPR on June 5th. We sent out the passport through the VAC office to Ghana on June 6th. For those still waiting, please continue to be patient. I would definitely say the timeline is total BS. It's totally based on luck. I pray you guys all get a response quickly.

Wife is Principal Applicant from Nigeria.
Application Received - Aug-27-2018
AOR1- Dec-11-2018
SA approval- Dec-17-2018
Medical Request- Jan 31-2019
Medical passed - February 7-2019
Biometrics Request-Jan, 2019
Biometrics passed- Feb7, 2019.
File Transfer VO Ghana on Jan 10, 2019
Pre-arrival and PPR on June 5th, 2019. (An hour apart).

Hang in tight folks!

michyme

Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City/Port of spain
AOR Received.
13 - 08 - 2018
File Transfer...
24 - 10 - 2018
Med's Request
19 - 01 - 2019
Med's Done....
03 - 2019
Interview........
10- 03 -2020
Passport Req..
16 - 09 - 2020
LANDED..........
25 - 09- 2020
Hello All,
I would love to share some good news with you, we received pre-arrival and PPR on June 5th. We sent out the passport through the VAC office to Ghana on June 6th. For those still waiting, please continue to be patient. I would definitely say the timeline is total BS. It's totally based on luck. I pray you guys all get a response quickly.

AOR1- Dec-11-2018
SA approval- Dec-17-2018

Hang in tight folks!
Congratulations!!!

Gagansunny arora

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
7august2018
Doc's Request.
27 oct 2018
Nomination.....
Husband
AOR Received.
23 oct2018
File Transfer...
7 feb 2019
Med's Done....
30 oct 2018
I got lucky mail today

Reactions: Saima26

kevinthegerbil

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
IELTS Request
Not needed
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Med's Request
10-12-2018
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
Interview........
Not needed
Hello All,

AOR1- Dec-11-2018
SA approval- Dec-17-2018

Hang in tight folks!
Congratulations! I was 13 August 2018... still nothing (12 June) - I am at (I believe) the London UK office (awaiting ATIP to confirm what's going on!) - amazing how different the processing times are between offices!

Fingers crossed........