+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

tinyspoon

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
App received on 22 August 2018
Medical request on 04 May 2019
File transferred on 29 May 2019
then mine makes even less sense! App received august 31st.. Med done and approved march 5th... Nothing since then! no transfer, no nothing....

michyme

Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City/Port of spain
AOR Received.
13 - 08 - 2018
File Transfer...
24 - 10 - 2018
Med's Request
19 - 01 - 2019
Med's Done....
03 - 2019
Interview........
10- 03 -2020
Passport Req..
16 - 09 - 2020
LANDED..........
25 - 09- 2020
They will not send you a message unless they need something from you, speaking from experience. I had no activity on my wife's application for 9 months after the medical was cleared and file transferred to LVO. Recently, my local MP office told me, that the criminality check had started, after a year of receiving the application, but GCKey nor ECAS show any updates. There is no link between what they are doing and what is updated. It all depends on the officer going through the file.They might update it, they might wait till everything is done and update everything the same time. For example, some applications get Pre-Arrival, PPR and DM all within a couple of days time and some will have Pre-arrival and PPR time gap of a few months. There is no way to tell. o_O
thank you for your response! I really appreciate it

Reactions: OutlandeuropePa

Sbb02

Jan 26, 2019
then mine makes even less sense! App received august 31st.. Med done and approved march 5th... Nothing since then! no transfer, no nothing....
Honestly this entire thing is so tiresome and draining. And being away from your spouse for so long is very annoying. I didn't even receive my file number until May when I got the medical request. I guess we keep waiting and try to relax until then (I know it's easier said than done).

OutlandeuropePa

Dec 14, 2018
App. Filed.......
29-08-2018
AOR Received.
11-12-2018
File Transfer...
04-01-2019
Med's Request
20-12-2018
Med's Done....
26-12-2018
Honestly this entire thing is so tiresome and draining. And being away from your spouse for so long is very annoying. I didn't even receive my file number until May when I got the medical request. I guess we keep waiting and try to relax until then (I know it's easier said than done).
I am also august 29th applicant and goy my file transfered to Rome Vo since 4 January, nothing since then, it is sad to hear that you got no transfer yet but maybe your file is going to be processed in Canada and you shouldnt be worried.
Wishing luck to all of you guys

Reactions: michyme

Silent_boy

Dec 4, 2018
I'm August 16 Applicant received pre arrival services email Feb 21 it has been more than three months I haven't received PPR, is it normal ?? Share your experience

michyme

Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AOR Received.
13 - 08 - 2018
File Transfer...
24 - 10 - 2018
Med's Request
19 - 01 - 2019
Med's Done....
03 - 2019
Interview........
10- 03 -2020
Passport Req..
16 - 09 - 2020
LANDED..........
25 - 09- 2020
you are correct easier said than done(to relax and wait) It would not be so bad if we had a better time line than 12 months.

tango47

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
My AOR2 in the Mexico City VO took a month and a half after the medical. There's no predictability or consistency in any of this. It's all quite haphazard and arbitrary. A very poor way to run any organization.

tango47

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
They will not send you a message unless they need something from you, speaking from experience. I had no activity on my wife's application for 9 months after the medical was cleared and file transferred to LVO. Recently, my local MP office told me, that the criminality check had started, after a year of receiving the application, but GCKey nor ECAS show any updates. There is no link between what they are doing and what is updated. It all depends on the officer going through the file.They might update it, they might wait till everything is done and update everything the same time. For example, some applications get Pre-Arrival, PPR and DM all within a couple of days time and some will have Pre-arrival and PPR time gap of a few months. There is no way to tell. o_O
By "criminality check" do you mean background check? Didn't you include the police clearance with your application?

michyme

Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AOR Received.
13 - 08 - 2018
File Transfer...
24 - 10 - 2018
Med's Request
19 - 01 - 2019
Med's Done....
03 - 2019
Interview........
10- 03 -2020
Passport Req..
16 - 09 - 2020
LANDED..........
25 - 09- 2020
By "criminality check" do you mean background check? Didn't you include the police clearance with your application?
Yes we did include the police clearance with our application!

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Criminality is a branch of BGC. Even if you do include the PCC with the application, the Canadian government has to authenticate the validity of it and hence criminality is done. (So if you have multiple countries where you lived more than six months, they need to check criminality in all countries. The length of Criminality depends on how long it takes for the agencies in those countries to get back to Canada). Security is another branch of Background Check.

Mahttob

Mar 12, 2019
Hello again.
We received and passed our medical exam on April 17th.
I got an email on May 15th requesting biometrics.
Does anyone know approximately how long it will take for PPR?
It's odd because all the cases I've seen have received biometrics request before the medical exam.

tango47

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
How long after pre arrival and DM does it take for them to send the PPR request ?
I wonder about that too. Why can't all of this , DM and PPR, take place at the same time? But, of course, that would make too much sense for IRCC and why not just keep people hanging on for a few more weeks.

jaz13

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
I wonder about that too. Why can't all of this , DM and PPR, take place at the same time? But, of course, that would make too much sense for IRCC and why not just keep people hanging on for a few more weeks.
Haha couldn’t have said it better!! But we got pre arrival and DM on May 24 and then PPR on May 27. My husband just got the passport back stamped today

Reactions: OutlandeuropePa

pr90

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
you are correct easier said than done(to relax and wait) It would not be so bad if we had a better time line than 12 months.
When Liberal Government took power they changed it to 12 months mandatory compared to when the Conservatives Government was in power, 24 months and some more and only choose & pick (will you be beneficial to the country) that type of choosing. So you guys need to just calm down and relax and be happy that its only 12 months, yes its stressing but so much better than before.