Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
I checked the May application page
But there I didn't find much info
As the May applicants have started processing in same month..
My application started processing in August because of two documents I submitted after a month of my submission so basically my processing has started since August 1st and that is what I received in mail
It has been 115 days since i submitted the application for my spouse. I was informed by CIC a month later that bio-metrics payment was missing in my application although my PA is not from a Country listed for bio-metric payment at the time the application was submitted. I paid anyway. A month later was asked to 'resubmit' the payment receipt as CIC could not find it within the web-form that was used to submit the receipt. Anyway, this delayed things further and on top of it all i know that the photographs submitted with the application are of the wrong dimension.

Current status on IVR: Application was received on August 7th 2018.

No AOR yet.

Read your post now and things are looking bleak for me :)

Lucky713

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
It has been 115 days since i submitted the application for my spouse. I was informed by CIC a month later that bio-metrics payment was missing in my application although my PA is not from a Country listed for bio-metric payment at the time the application was submitted. I paid anyway. A month later was asked to 'resubmit' the payment receipt as CIC could not find it within the web-form that was used to submit the receipt. Anyway, this delayed things further and on top of it all i know that the photographs submitted with the application are of the wrong dimension.

Current status on IVR: Application was received on August 7th 2018.

No AOR yet.

Read your post now and things are looking bleak for me :)
Everyone has different timelines I feel
If the papers are correct and up to date people are receiving PPR in Just 3-4 months. Some people taking 10-12 months and some just waiting
Hope you get it soon..
Actually it's 2 years now he is in Canada and I m in India
He applied in May 2018 after getting a job and properly settled
Hopefully we all get good news before this year ends

Lucky713

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
If the papers are correct and up to date people are receiving PPR in Just 3-4 months. Some people taking 10-12 months and some just waiting
Hope you get it soon..

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
Hope you get it soon..
Yes i think the whole ball game is if the papers are 'enough'. I came to Canada in June 2018, 2 years after receiving my PR, and have been here for less than 6 months. That is also something that needs to be considered as It makes providing certain documentations difficult since I have been here for a very short period.

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
Hope you get it soon..
It is not the completeness of forms but the country of PA that makes the main difference in timelines.
For Some countries no biometrics or intense security check is required. Seems CIC prefer to start their applications first in each month.
A couple of applicants have recieved their ppr already while some others files have not been opened to check if they’re complete. (I called them on Monday)

Reactions: singleman

Lucky713

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
It is not the completeness of forms but the country of PA that makes the main difference in timelines.
For Some countries no biometrics or intense security check is required. Seems CIC prefer to start their applications first in each month.
A couple of applicants have recieved their ppr already while some others files have not been opened to check if they’re complete. (I called them on Monday)
Can you please share your timeline
And do you have any idea about how much time it takes for India

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
Can you please share your timeline
And do you have any idea about how much time it takes for India
Actually I am not from India so can’t say for sure but some people in this forum whose visa offices was NDVO have recived AOR.

I am from Iran and my application was recived 30th of Aug. nothing till then except for the temporary file number that the officer gave me as we talked on phone. But she claimed that the process of my application has not started yet.

jsproule

Nov 29, 2018
Hi all, my application for sponsoring my wife (Brazil) was received August 25th but we have still not received AOR. I talked to someone at cic on the phone today and they said that we're in the system. Is there a chance that our application could be returned for forms not being complete this long after being received?

Thanks,

Jeff

Rv_2311

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Checked the gckey status of the application and the the line said: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information..

Seems like the BG Check is in process now, fingers crossed.

Reactions: Aref.P

neha25

Jul 10, 2016
Checked the gckey status of the application and the the line said: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information..

Seems like the BG Check is in process now, fingers crossed.
Congratz .. and best wishes for the rest of the process
My husband just got medical request and didn’t get any appointment before the 10th
Fingers crossed and hope it will go well

neha25

Jul 10, 2016
it got transferred to CPC Mississauga and not PA's LVO (Local Visa Office) which would be in NDVO
Congratzzz!! Wow that was fast
Happy for you !!
Does that mean now they are transferring all or if not all most files to Mississauga and not NDVO? Our VO is NDVO too