+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

BackToOntario

Star Member
Aug 18, 2018
For anyone who has not done their medical yet: They don't tell you to fast (or at least, the physician we went to didn't tell my husband to fast) but you might want to avoid sugary things the morning of the exam.
They test glucose in the urine sample, and if it's high, they schedule a follow up for a fasting lab & 2 hr glucose test. I don't know if any of you have done one of those, but having to spend hours in a lab, drinking the gross orange drink is NOT fun. So, if this warning helps anyone else avoid going through this, it's worth sharing!

Luckily, the culprit for my husband just seems to be the hotel breakfast of waffle and syrup that he ate, and not diabetes. His follow up labs were just fine. We finally received word that he passed the medical today.

Reactions: Mehr20

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
For anyone who has not done their medical yet: They don't tell you to fast (or at least, the physician we went to didn't tell my husband to fast) but you might want to avoid sugary things the morning of the exam.
They test glucose in the urine sample, and if it's high, they schedule a follow up for a fasting lab & 2 hr glucose test. I don't know if any of you have done one of those, but having to spend hours in a lab, drinking the gross orange drink is NOT fun. So, if this warning helps anyone else avoid going through this, it's worth sharing!

Luckily, the culprit for my husband just seems to be the hotel breakfast of waffle and syrup that he ate, and not diabetes. His follow up labs were just fine. We finally received word that he passed the medical today.
It's annoying they make you bother with any of that since you're not subject to inadmissibility, but is what it is. Glad it's all done.

Reactions: BackToOntario

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
Hi all! I'm an outland spouse sponsorship, from the UK, my application delivered August 24th and I got a request for biometric fees September 7th. This contained an application number FXXXXXXXXX (9 numbers, 1 letter) - I can't seem to use this to link to my online application, is this right? I don't think I've formally received my AOR1 yet but I'm concerned it's all online now so I might have missed this and some key correspondence.

Help please!
Same here. That Application number does not fetch anything in ECAS or if you use it to link an existing application on GCKEY. Feels like a dummy number to be honest. And no, its not an 'official' AOR but all AOR is, if i am not mistaken, is an acknowledgement of receipt, and this does 'imply' that the application has been received, unofficially.

Jina83

Oct 12, 2018
Hi all! I'm an outland spouse sponsorship, from the UK, my application delivered August 24th and I got a request for biometric fees September 7th. This contained an application number FXXXXXXXXX (9 numbers, 1 letter) - I can't seem to use this to link to my online application, is this right? I don't think I've formally received my AOR1 yet but I'm concerned it's all online now so I might have missed this and some key correspondence.

Help please!
Same here

drwajju

Jul 1, 2015
Hi everyone
I got AOR on 24 Oct...
Application recieved on 16 Aug
No additional document request yet
Updated information about my new born child ...no reply yet

Reactions: KMR389

neha25

Jul 10, 2016
Just got off call with cic
Agent said that Sydney,NS is still working on files received in June .. I remember reading post here where someone was told they are working on July apps ... why this discrepancy ..atkeast cic should have one say to everyone

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
ANY CHANGE in GCKEYS update only happens on Tuesdays early mornings CDN EST ---CONFIRMED 4 TIMES

jaz13

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
According to the authorities it is valid for 6 months. But I got mine done in mid july. And about the RCMP pcc, it says in the email that they need my criminal record check based on my fingerprints. So if it was name based they would've done it themselves. Now they gave me 60 days to submit the RCMP and updated indian pcc. Getting it done on Monday and I'll keep you guys posted.
Cheers

same my husband is in india and he went for his fingerprints today and even though he got his pcc done in india in july he just thought he would get it updated so that we don't have to wait too long. we got 60 days as well. good luck with your process!

neha25

Jul 10, 2016
same my husband is in india and he went for his fingerprints today and even though he got his pcc done in india in july he just thought he would get it updated so that we don't have to wait too long. we got 60 days as well. good luck with your process!
I am not getting this at all
Was your PA in Canada at all for any amount of time before sponsorship app on some other visa ?? If not why is cic asking for fingerprints and pcc from Rcmp if he was never physically present in Canada or got any visa for canada??
I have never heard of updated pcc from india if app submitted within 6 months of issued date of pcc ...
can someone explain this please

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018

Help please!
Same here. That Application number does not fetch anything in ECAS or if you use it to link an existing application on GCKEY. Feels like a dummy number to be honest. And no, its not an 'official' AOR but all AOR is, if i am not mistaken, is an acknowledgement of receipt, and this does 'imply' that the application has been received, unofficially.
The application number with the format, F000123456, can be used to link your account to GCKey and check for updates on ECAS. It will NOT work yet if your application has not been activated on their end. The activation of that application number, usually, occurs once you receive your AOR.

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
ANY CHANGE in GCKEYS update only happens on Tuesdays early mornings CDN EST ---CONFIRMED 4 TIMES
You probably mean ECAS. GCKey updates instantly whenever there's an update. ECAS, on the other hand, reflects the update the next morning after it happened.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
You probably mean ECAS. GCKey updates instantly whenever there's an update. ECAS, on the other hand, reflects the update the next morning after it happened.
For me always 9AM MST it is when they do system mtc..2;30am to 5;30 am EST