+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

BackToOntario

Star Member
Aug 18, 2018
So I got a message in GCKey for pre arrival services? Also the status when I look up our case status on the CIC online services has changed to Decision Made.. not sure what all that means as we haven't had an updated email. We sent additional proof to show I (the sponsor) would be moving with my husband to Canada a week ago and haven't heard anything since.
Congrats! That gives me some hope.

We received the Pre-Arrival letter via GCKey message on the 7th, and got a little excited.

3 hours later, same day (Nov 7th) they asked us for additional proof that I (also the sponsor) would be relocating to Canada.

Not a word since. Until last night, anyway, when I received an email stating that our case would be processed in Mississauga. Nevermind that every communication we have received from CIC has come from Mississauga, so I kind of made that assumption when we received AOR1.

Hoping for some actual news next week. Not that we are in a rush, but the whole asking for additional info and then silence for 10+ days is annoying.

kc247

Jul 25, 2014
Congrats! That gives me some hope.

We received the Pre-Arrival letter via GCKey message on the 7th, and got a little excited.

3 hours later, same day (Nov 7th) they asked us for additional proof that I (also the sponsor) would be relocating to Canada.

Not a word since. Until last night, anyway, when I received an email stating that our case would be processed in Mississauga. Nevermind that every communication we have received from CIC has come from Mississauga, so I kind of made that assumption when we received AOR1.

Hoping for some actual news next week. Not that we are in a rush, but the whole asking for additional info and then silence for 10+ days is annoying.
That is what they asked us for as well. More proof that I would be moving to Canada with my husband. I sent whatever I could think of and was concerned they would ask for more evidence so hoping this is a sign they accepted it and will move forward!

Reactions: BackToOntario

happygarcha

Champion Member
Jan 15, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11 May 2016 | App Received: May 16, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2016 December 16, 2016. Updated Schedule A request
Nomination.....
Approved
AOR Received.
24th August 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
May 02, 2017
Med's Done....
May 08, 2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
BG: 20 September, 2017 | DM: 02 December, 2017 | PPR: 07 December, 2017 (@5.30 PM Pacific Standard Time)
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Showing medical results have been received.. waiting for next step hopefully soon ..
Approximately 7 to 10 days for me it took 9 days

Lourick05

Nov 7, 2018
Category........
FAM
Is there anyone here whose application received on August 17,2018? Did you receive an AOR1 already? For those who didnt also, should we worry?
PA- Philippines
Hi! Have you received your Aor already? They received my application on August 17 too and no AOR yet.

Student_paki

May 13, 2013
August-17th as well
No AOR
PA India

My Application was received on Aug 10
PA Karachi -

So far received request for the bio metric payment and acknowledgement of payment after payment was done
Still have the temporary file number

Hoping to hear from CIC soon and keeping fingers crossed

RomeLondonCollingwood

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
Med's Request
05-10-2018
Med's Done....
15-10-2018
Passport Req..
19-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Guys finally got PPR today !!

Here is my timeline:

Outland App. PA from Italy, residing in UK.

App Received 13/08

AOR 4/10

SA 4/10

BIOM REQ 4/10

MED REQ 5/10

MED DONE 15/10

BIOM DONE 22/10

MED PASSED 22/10

BGC in progress 22/10

DM on Ecas 31/10

PPR 19/11
been togetger 5 yrs, lived togheter for 3, no kids, no prev marriages, age 26 and 24 yrs.

our appa was sent to CPC Sydney NS, but got all correspondence from CPC M, so we believe our app is still there and never left Canada.

Canadian_Bacon

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
02-08-2018
AOR Received.
30-09-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
15-10-2018
Passport Req..
14-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2018
So sending in the required docs for DM was an ordeal since we're still outside Canada. Had to figure out how to send a prepaid self addressed envelope with the copy of my passport, annex a, and passport photos. Spent 4 hours just trying to get that return envelope. For anyone (in the US) that needs to do it too, you have to go online and use a UPS or FedEx account to make a shipping label or return shipment. The stores can't properly generate a label from Canada to the US while they're located in the US.

Reactions: BackToOntario

BackToOntario

Star Member
Aug 18, 2018
So sending in the required docs for DM was an ordeal since we're still outside Canada. Had to figure out how to send a prepaid self addressed envelope with the copy of my passport, annex a, and passport photos. Spent 4 hours just trying to get that return envelope. For anyone (in the US) that needs to do it too, you have to go online and use a UPS or FedEx account to make a shipping label or return shipment. The stores can't properly generate a label from Canada to the US while they're located in the US.
Thank you! I was wondering how to get the prepaid FedEx envelope, and would have just gone to the FedEx shop. Good to know the "proper" procedure instead.

kc247

Jul 25, 2014
Just spent forever trying to do that tonight. Got PPR today and want to send everything tomorrow. Fedex couldn't generate a return label so had to figure out how to do it online! Now I need to go back because I chose ground as return and they gave me an express envelope...and I am confused on how to put the labels on!

Reactions: Hs@645

JizzelBacalla

Oct 17, 2018
Hi!
My husband got an email stating that our application was already received, and in that email contains his own UCI # and our Application number. Is that the AOR already? I haven’t got any emails yet(PRINCIPAL APPLICANT) containing my own UCI.

But as we used the online tool using our app number, we can see our status there, however when i created an account via GCKEY and tried to link our applicatioo nin my account it says
“No application found”
What seems to be the problem?

Reactions: KMR389

prabh03

Sep 13, 2018
Will CIC send any email for Sponsor approval after AOR1 ? or is just updated online..I see a decision made on ecas under SA but if I click it doesn't say anything about SA...

VineCrawl

Nov 20, 2018
I've very concerned. We sent the application in and it was received on August 27th. I haven't heard anything and often check to see if I can link the application to my account to no avail. Is a three month wait time typical?

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seems to be AOR you may have to wait 24 hours to link and remember to enter minimum of 2 in applicants section.

Hi!
My husband got an email stating that our application was already received, and in that email contains his own UCI # and our Application number. Is that the AOR already? I haven’t got any emails yet(PRINCIPAL APPLICANT) containing my own UCI.

But as we used the online tool using our app number, we can see our status there, however when i created an account via GCKEY and tried to link our applicatioo nin my account it says
“No application found”
What seems to be the problem?