Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27/07/2018
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10/10/2014
Lol. I live in Greenfield Park, longueuil-charles-lemoyne riding. Well I would also call CIC to see if there is any recent notes on the file.

That’s a tough question to answer. How long are you planning to be out of the country. I guess nothing will happen from December 15th to January 8th. Also they will send a 2 weeks notice for ceremony, which kind of makes it January 26th. This should be a safe time to travel (mid December to end of January).

Last edited:
Reactions: k300k3

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Lol. I live in Greenfield Park, longueuil-charles-lemoyne riding. Well I would also call CIC to see if there is any recent notes on the file.

That’s a tough question to answer. How long are you planning to be out of the country. I guess nothing will happen from December 15th to January 8th. Also they will send a 2 weeks notice for ceremony, which kind of makes it January 26th. This should be a safe time to travel (mid December to end of January).
yea I’m going dec 9 till like jan 10. I already wrote to cic about it through web form. I have to go because of my mother’s surgery. Called cic many times there’s still no note.

I thought if you lived in a liberal riding, chances are that you’d get more help from your MP. But I guess it really depends also.

Were you volunteering during the election? I was . Lol .. Although I wasn’t able to vote, I was driving voters to polls as well as door knocking, and making phone calls. Already feel like I’m a Canadian , just that I’m not a citizen yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: ramin.gh

ramin.gh

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27/07/2018
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10/10/2014
That could be probable. Yes, it’s a liberal riding. No I didn’t have the chance to volunteer :(. That would have been nice :).

Well, I believe you will hear good news very soon, and I hope everything goes well and smooth with your mother’s surgery.

yea I’m going dec 9 till like jan 10. I already wrote to cic about it through web form. I have to go because of my mother’s surgery. Called cic many times there’s still no note.

I thought if you lived in a liberal riding, chances are that you’d get more help from your MP. But I guess it really depends also.

Were you volunteering during the election? I was . Lol .. Although I wasn’t able to vote, I was driving voters to polls as well as door knocking, and making phone calls. Already feel like I’m a Canadian , just that I’m not a citizen yet.

Reactions: k300k3

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
That could be probable. Yes, it’s a liberal riding. No I didn’t have the chance to volunteer :(. That would have been nice :).

Well, I believe you will hear good news very soon, and I hope everything goes well and smooth with your mother’s surgery.
You can volunteer next election. Your MP office might call you if you’re still in the same riding.

Thanks. Hope you receive your oath soon too.

Reactions: ramin.gh

stormbringer

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
AOR Received.
25-09-2018
Passed the test today :). 20/20, the questions were quite easy. The lady checked my passport as she said I did not submit copies of the pages containing immigration stamps in the original application. After that she was satisfied and said I will hear about the oath ceremony via email.

Admin please update.

Last edited:

Aden_b_son

Jun 9, 2019
I received the test invite 2 days ago :)
My application was received by CIC on 29 august 2019 and the test will be on 16/11/2019.
Any tips and suggestions for studying for the test? I am pretty nervous!

mekima

Star Member
Aug 20, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
24-06-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
18-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
LANDED..........
17-03-2015
My application was received by CIC on 29 august 2019 and the test will be on 16/11/2019.
Read the study guide over and over again that's your best bet.

stormbringer

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
AOR Received.
25-09-2018
Finally, after waiting for almost 14 months, I received the test invite yesterday! :)
Toronto applicant, test on November 2nd at Scarborough test centre. Admin, please update the sheet.
Online status changed to Decision Made today! Admin please update.

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Passed the test today :). 20/20, the questions were quite easy. The lady checked my passport as she said I did not submit copies of the pages containing immigration stamps in the original application. After that she was satisfied and said I will hear about the oath ceremony via email.

Admin please update.
Well done, great achievement, another milestone laid to rest. Wishing you all the best for an early Oath date. Spreadsheet updated. :):):)

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Well done on getting the test date. That has been a long wait for you. I can't recommend enough that you read the CIC Citizenship test guide several times over until you are well versed in the content. The test is based on that. If you read it and know it you will pass. Wishing you all the best. :)

seemalz

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
AOR Received.
10-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-10-2015
Download the mobile apps to study for citizenship test, I got 20/20 and was very easy.

The interview was a breeze, but I travel a lot and the officer was checking all my dates and ticked a few on the application.
Then he said that he is just getting all the in and out of dates verified and the request has been sent for a while. It will take a week or two before he gets the information and can issue me an oath letter invite. Told me that it shouldn't be a big deal and I should just hang tight for the oath invitation.

amirsuriya

Sep 17, 2018
Hi All,
Want to know how earliest we can apply for passport after Oath ceremony? Example, I have Oath ceremony tomorrow i-e 6th Nov so what should be the earliest possible day to apply for passport?

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hi All,
Want to know how earliest we can apply for passport after Oath ceremony? Example, I have Oath ceremony tomorrow i-e 6th Nov so what should be the earliest possible day to apply for passport?
They say 2 days after but u can apply ad soon as u see complete status in ur ECAS