Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun. 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jul. 02, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept. 11, 2014
Had my test today. Was very easy. The practice quizzes found online really helped. 19 out of 20. I had a lot of travel history but the officer to her credit decided it would take too long to check every single stamp and I didn't have all the travel tickets anymore. So she asked me to attest that the travel history is true and accurate and she granted my citizenship without going through it in detail. Saved a lot of time!

I was offered a ceremony tomorrow which is cool and quite unexpected so my journey in dealing with IRCC ends tomorrow :)
Congrats.. I have mine later this afternoon. Hoping i get offered next day ceremony too. Any tips to provide?

vishalch

Aug 27, 2019
Can someone update the sheet with following details please.

Login Name : Vishalch
Citizenship Test Invite Date : 21st October 2019
Citizenship Test Date : 2nd November 2019

vishalch

Aug 27, 2019
Hi All,

Finally I got my Canada Citizenship Yesterday (This was a surprise to me as I did the exam day before yesterday). I was update to update this forum after writing the citizenship exam on 22nd Oct.

Test Invite date: Oct 01, 2019
Test Interview Date: Oct 22, 2019
Decision Made: Oct 22, 2019
Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2019

Yes. After the exam, All have to wait in the common area for document verification. I went to the counter and all documents verified and she told me that I passed the test and then To my Surprise, the officer told me that they have a slot for Oath Ceremony for tomorrow i.e Oct 23 and asked me whether I am interested to take it? I replied "Absolutely".

That's it. I got the invitation letter and done.

Dear admins, please update the tracker.

Thanks.
Hi

I have my test on 2nd November at Scarborough. Can you please confirm what documents are a must to be carried other than the ones i mentioned below.

1) PR Card
2) Health Card
3) Driving License
4) Passport

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Vishalch

vishalch

Aug 27, 2019
Congrats.. I have mine later this afternoon. Hoping i get offered next day ceremony too. Any tips to provide?
Hi

I have my test on 2nd November at Scarborough. Can you please confirm what documents are a must to be carried other than the ones i mentioned below.

1) PR Card
2) Health Card
3) Driving License
4) Passport

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Vishalch

vishalch

Aug 27, 2019
Had my test today. Was very easy. The practice quizzes found online really helped. 19 out of 20. I had a lot of travel history but the officer to her credit decided it would take too long to check every single stamp and I didn't have all the travel tickets anymore. So she asked me to attest that the travel history is true and accurate and she granted my citizenship without going through it in detail. Saved a lot of time!

I was offered a ceremony tomorrow which is cool and quite unexpected so my journey in dealing with IRCC ends tomorrow :)

Hi

1) PR Card
2) Health Card
3) Driving License
4) Passport

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Vishalch

vishalch

Aug 27, 2019
Finally, I got the test invite, Toronto applicant, apparently I was in the queue at Mississauga when I called CIC, but the test invite is from Scarborough.

Ecas below please update the spreadsheet, Thank you:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 16, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 14, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on November 21, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on October 21, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 31, 2019 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment.
Hi

1) PR Card
2) Health Card
3) Driving License
4) Passport

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Vishalch

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
Hi

1) PR Card
2) Health Card
3) Driving License
4) Passport

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Vishalch
Absolutely everything you need to bring is fully listed in your test invitation letter. Read that and good luck.

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
Get there earlier than I did! I was one of the last in the room and seemed like most people arrived earlier than the specified time to get a seat and get sorted. Sit at the front of the room so you can give your answers back quicker if you finish early, without having to walk from the back of the room and lose a couple of places!

The earlier you finish, the earlier you'll be seen by the interview officers and there were a good 50+ people doing the test I'd say. You don't want to be behind all of them! GOOD LUCK!

bono1

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 06, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar. 06, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar. 13, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun. 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jul. 02, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept. 11, 2014
Get there earlier than I did! I was one of the last in the room and seemed like most people arrived earlier than the specified time to get a seat and get sorted. Sit at the front of the room so you can give your answers back quicker if you finish early, without having to walk from the back of the room and lose a couple of places!

The earlier you finish, the earlier you'll be seen by the interview officers and there were a good 50+ people doing the test I'd say. You don't want to be behind all of them! GOOD LUCK!
wrote test late afternoon today.. really straight forward. got 20/20. the officer indicated will get email for oath. I asked about next day ceremony and they said that they only offered that option to the morning attendees that wrote the test. I had to wait for the invite :(:(

ramin.gh

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27/07/2018
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10/10/2014
I was wondering if someone could update my timeline in the sheet:

username: ramin88.gh

Test invite: May 02, 2019
Test and interview: May 22, 2019
Request for additional documents, CIT0520 to verify my physical presence (the officer asked for entry/exit records of movement, all my job documents like T4s, my transcripts, proof of rent/mortgage in Canada): August 02, 2012
Documents submitted: August 16, 2019
Documents delivered (based of post Canada tracking system): August 20, 2019
Officer put a note on file that she has received the additional documents: September 23, 2019
Officer put a note on file that she has started reviewing the documents: October 25, 2019
Decision Made: November 01, 2019

I’m now waiting for the oath ceremony invitation. Anyone has any idea how long would that take for the Montreal office?

I hope this gives you all a good perspective about the processing time of CIT 0520. Let me know if you have any question.

littleun

Jun 27, 2018

Request for additional documents, CIT0520 to verify my physical presence (the officer asked for entry/exit records of movement, all my job documents like T4s, my transcripts, proof of rent/mortgage in Canada): August 02, 2012
Officer put a note on file that she has received the additional documents: September 23, 2019
Officer put a note on file that she has started reviewing the documents: October 25, 2019

I’m now waiting for the oath ceremony invitation. Anyone has any idea how long would that take for the Montreal office?

I hope this gives you all a good perspective about the processing time of CIT 0520. Let me know if you have any question.
Well done, progress is being made. I have updated the spreadsheet. Wishing you all the best for next steps. The Oath ceremony invite can take anything from a couple of weeks to several months. I am sure you will hear soon. Good luck. :):):)

Reactions: ramin.gh

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019

How did you find out that officer put a note on file that she received and reviewed the documents ? I also received CIT0520 and submitted back in March 2019 and then T4s were missing so I submitted them in June 2019. When I got my GCMS notes last month, the residency check is still in progress. No update yet . Also Montreal office

ramin.gh

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27/07/2018
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10/10/2014
When I called the call center, I asked for the last update/note on the file, and the agent told me those notes.

I have my mp following up with them every 3 weeks. Have you talked to your mp yet?
How many days of presence do you have? And did they asked for your record of movements? Also, when did you passed your test?

How did you find out that officer put a note on file that she received and reviewed the documents ? I also received CIT0520 and submitted back in March 2019 and then T4s were missing so I submitted them in June 2019. When I got my GCMS notes last month, the residency check is still in progress. No update yet . Also Montreal office

Reactions: k300k3

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
When I called the call center, I asked for the last update/note on the file, and the agent told me those notes.

I have my mp following up with them every 3 weeks. Have you talked to your mp yet?
How many days of presence do you have? And did they asked for your record of movements? Also, when did you passed your test?
Following up every 3 weeks for you? Wow.. what riding are you in? I thought I had 1111 days. But when I got my GCMS , I had only 1106 days. They didn’t ask me entry exit stamps because I already provided them at the interview. I asked my MP and they followed up on my fingerprint thing which was already received.

I passed my test in February . Submitted everything by June . But I’m à September 2018 applicant. Got test in February while other checks were going on .May be because of your MP, your case probably moved faster. I think I will ask my MP again. I’m traveling soon so I’m thinking of waiting until January. Should I wait ?