Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2014
Received Test Invite today, Mississauga applicant, Test location - Scarborough, Test date - Nov 7, 2019.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 10, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 30, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on November 8, 2018.

stormbringer

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
AOR Received.
25-09-2018
Finally, after waiting for almost 14 months, I received the test invite yesterday! :)
Toronto applicant, test on November 2nd at Scarborough test centre. Admin, please update the sheet.

vik302

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
Doc's Request.
25 feb
AOR Received.
06 jan 15
Med's Request
01-03-2016
Med's Done....
09-03-2016
Interview........
Rprf req 03 march 2016
Passport Req..
24-03-2016
Hello guys i am 21st aug 2018 applicant . I am still waiting for test invite.. Does ecas get updated saying we sent you test invite after they send email?

mags_13

Oct 13, 2013
Hello guys i am 21st aug 2018 applicant . I am still waiting for test invite.. Does ecas get updated saying we sent you test invite after they send email?
Yes, it does get updated. I would suggest you call IRCC to get an update on your application status.

Cheers

amirsuriya

Sep 17, 2018
I had the same. I called CIC. The officer on tthe phone told me it happens sometimes and she sent me an email with the time and the address to attend. She said it would all be OK and it was. The original letter never turned up!
Finally received Oath invitation by MAIL today, never received any paper based communication but this is the first time they sent correspondence by regular mail.
Admin Plz update:
Oath Invitation Update /Received :: 18th October, 2019
Oath Date: 6th Nov, 2019 at Chinese cultural center, Scarborough
Mississauga applicant.

aks2018

Jul 11, 2018
Mississauga, Ontario
Hi All,

Finally I got my Canada Citizenship Yesterday (This was a surprise to me as I did the exam day before yesterday). I was update to update this forum after writing the citizenship exam on 22nd Oct.

Test Invite date: Oct 01, 2019
Test Interview Date: Oct 22, 2019
Decision Made: Oct 22, 2019
Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2019

Yes. After the exam, All have to wait in the common area for document verification. I went to the counter and all documents verified and she told me that I passed the test and then To my Surprise, the officer told me that they have a slot for Oath Ceremony for tomorrow i.e Oct 23 and asked me whether I am interested to take it? I replied "Absolutely".

That's it. I got the invitation letter and done.

Dear admins, please update the tracker.

Thanks.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hi All,

Finally I got my Canada Citizenship Yesterday (This was a surprise to me as I did the exam day before yesterday). I was update to update this forum after writing the citizenship exam on 22nd Oct.

Test Invite date: Oct 01, 2019
Test Interview Date: Oct 22, 2019
Decision Made: Oct 22, 2019
Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2019

Yes. After the exam, All have to wait in the common area for document verification. I went to the counter and all documents verified and she told me that I passed the test and then To my Surprise, the officer told me that they have a slot for Oath Ceremony for tomorrow i.e Oct 23 and asked me whether I am interested to take it? I replied "Absolutely".

That's it. I got the invitation letter and done.

Dear admins, please update the tracker.

Thanks.
Did u do ur test at mississauga location or Scarborough?

CHAND394

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Pakistan
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
July-2011
Doc's Request.
June-2012
File Transfer...
Sep-2011
Med's Request
Jun-2012
Med's Done....
Jul-2012
Interview........
ALHUMDULILALLAH, Waived
Passport Req..
Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-2013
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH, Jun-2013
my status changed from in process to decision made on 10-Oct-2019, but once i clicked on it, it doesn't shows any updated comments from IRCC about this status changed.

I saw some applicants here are getting Oath date with the decision made status changed.

anyone else going through the same situation? or what should i do?

thanks

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
This is
my status changed from in process to decision made on 10-Oct-2019, but once i clicked on it, it doesn't shows any updated comments from IRCC about this status changed.

I saw some applicants here are getting Oath date with the decision made status changed.

anyone else going through the same situation? or what should i do?

thanks
This is how it works. Your status changes to Decision Made but you don't get any update until they are ready to send you oath invitation. It's just a waiting game.

seemalz

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
AOR Received.
10-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-10-2015
Finally, I got the test invite, Toronto applicant, apparently I was in the queue at Mississauga when I called CIC, but the test invite is from Scarborough.

Ecas below please update the spreadsheet, Thank you:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 16, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 14, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on November 21, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on October 21, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 31, 2019 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment.

Reactions: Aden_b_son

ELMERV

Aug 7, 2018
Hi everyone!

My application was received last August 30, 2018. As I reside in Brampton, I believe my application was sent to Mississauga office. I am monitoring the progress of our fellow applicants for August 2018 and looks like most have already received their test invite ( if not yet done by this time).

I have asked the assistance of my MP but the update was pretty standard. Does not really say if there is an issue with the application other than it is still in process.

Is there anyone here who applied in August who is still waiting for their test invite from Mississauga?

How do we inquire?

Thank you very much!

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
Hi everyone!

My application was received last August 30, 2018. As I reside in Brampton, I believe my application was sent to Mississauga office. I am monitoring the progress of our fellow applicants for August 2018 and looks like most have already received their test invite ( if not yet done by this time).

I have asked the assistance of my MP but the update was pretty standard. Does not really say if there is an issue with the application other than it is still in process.

Is there anyone here who applied in August who is still waiting for their test invite from Mississauga?

How do we inquire?

Thank you very much!
Ask your MP to send a case specific enquiry. There is a separate department at IRCC that liaises with MP's and it definitely speeds things up.

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
Had my test today. Was very easy. The practice quizzes found online really helped. 19 out of 20. I had a lot of travel history but the officer to her credit decided it would take too long to check every single stamp and I didn't have all the travel tickets anymore. So she asked me to attest that the travel history is true and accurate and she granted my citizenship without going through it in detail. Saved a lot of time!

I was offered a ceremony tomorrow which is cool and quite unexpected so my journey in dealing with IRCC ends tomorrow :)

Reactions: stormbringer