+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 Application

BiomedAmrt

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
Hi, I am sorry to say that I am not sure there is a 'normal' to be honest. Time frames vary by province, by the individual, numbers of applicants, how busy the offices are and so on. Some applicants background checks take longer than others, some officers are slower at processing and so on. I personally think what focuses them more is the average '12 months' to complete the whole process. Whenever I have called CIC that is the line I always get.

For example, I am a Victoria applicant and have been in process since November. Victoria has no permanent citizenship centre for interviews, tests or oaths, we have to wait until they receive enough applications to warrant them coming over from Vancouver and setting up a 'one off' temporary location for two days or so at a time. Personally, I am not expecting any test stage until May or June at least. There is no advance notice showing any plans for a temporary office being set up at the moment. Unfortunately, at the 'in process' stage we are not asked if we are willing to travel elsewhere if it would help. Sadly, it is just a matter of patience for everybody, which is far from easy I know. Wishing everyone well in their own applications - we all feel the pain and are with you on that!
My PR card is gonna expire in July, do you think it’s better to appy for new one?

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Great. Does that 12 months counts right after they receive the documents like ‘ documents received date ‘ ?
Hi, I understand it is an average of 12 months from date of receipt of the application to Oath Ceremony. Unfortunately, average means just that, some are longer and some a lot sooner. I notice that Calgary are doing great with the process up to and including interview stage, Good for them and their applicants they obviously are trying very hard to do their best. I think that from there they are taking up to 3 to 4 months to Oath ceremony, in most cases (not all). That is good news for everyone though, if they keep the average time down that puts pressure on the other provinces and territories to keep up. Let us not forget the 2018 applicant monthly spreadsheets on this forum seem to have up to around 130 to 200 applicants listed each. When I look back to October 2017 there were 600 applicants on this forum's spreadsheets (following the change to the qualifying criteria for citizenship that year), - there has been a huge backlog for CIC to clear for tail end 2017 and early 2018. Good luck with your application, it will come.

chenchen

Jun 3, 2016
Single
Vancouver
1105 Days
send July 27
Delivered on August 1, 2018.
AOR October 18, 2018.
IP October 30, 2018.
Test Invitation Letter January 11, 2019
Citizenship test on February 19, 2019---passed the test

could anyone help me update in spreadsheet?

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Single
Vancouver
1105 Days
send July 27
Delivered on August 1, 2018.
AOR October 18, 2018.
IP October 30, 2018.
Test Invitation Letter January 11, 2019
Citizenship test on February 19, 2019---passed the test

could anyone help me update in spreadsheet?
Hi, I have added you to the sheet - I couldn't see an entry for you already. Thanks for providing the feedback on the your progress and congratulations on passing the test. Wishing you all the best for a speedy Oath ceremony date.

murtazaabbasi

Mar 9, 2010
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2010
Doc's Request.
12-July-2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
12-July-2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
20-July-2010
Med's Request
Done on 3 Sep 2014
Med's Done....
Sent by E-medical System
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
yes, rcvd PR1
VISA ISSUED...
Got it
LANDED..........
landed 24-May2015, Decision made 22-2-2019. Next Oath
I passed test 18/20. on 21-2-2019

murtazaabbasi

Mar 9, 2010
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2010
Doc's Request.
12-July-2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
12-July-2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
20-July-2010
Med's Request
Done on 3 Sep 2014
Med's Done....
Sent by E-medical System
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
yes, rcvd PR1
VISA ISSUED...
Got it
LANDED..........
landed 24-May2015, Decision made 22-2-2019. Next Oath
my status Decision made today

W2

Dec 8, 2015
Hello :) any others waiting for the Montreal office to send oath invitation? My husband is waiting for a rescheduled ceremony as he had to cancel his scheduled one due to his mom being gravely ill (approved reason to reschedule and permission given by immigration). He is waiting for a reschedule date for several months. When calling the info line they say because it's in the Montreal office, no info is available until they contact us with a new oath date. I'm waiting too for my oath date but it's only been about 6 weeks since my exam so still within normal waiting times. Just wondering if anyone has insight into the black box of once your application is at a regional office!! thanks!!

alwayspositive

Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/2011
Doc's Request.
7/2013
AOR Received.
8/2011
Med's Request
10/2013
Med's Done....
10/2013 In process: 1/2014 Additional Doc Request: 2/2014
Passport Req..
2/14
VISA ISSUED...
2/14
LANDED..........
5/2014 ( in Canada since 2009)
Hello :) any others waiting for the Montreal office to send oath invitation? My husband is waiting for a rescheduled ceremony as he had to cancel his scheduled one due to his mom being gravely ill (approved reason to reschedule and permission given by immigration). He is waiting for a reschedule date for several months. When calling the info line they say because it's in the Montreal office, no info is available until they contact us with a new oath date. I'm waiting too for my oath date but it's only been about 6 weeks since my exam so still within normal waiting times. Just wondering if anyone has insight into the black box of once your application is at a regional office!! thanks!!
Consider sending a web form instead of calling to let them know he has been waiting several months and to ask whether there is an indication of when he will get a new date.

Reactions: W2

Degi

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Alberta-Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUN 6 2014
AOR Received.
AUG 6 2014
File Transfer...
SEP 26 2014
Med's Done....
FEB 12 2014
Passport Req..
SEP 29 2014
I passed the test yesterday. didn't read the book. I had 3-5 different apps on my phone for Canadian citizenship test- very helpful.
ecas decision made today.
and also a question: would I be receiving anything in the mail at this stage of my processing? because I'm moving to a new address and I wonder if I need to update it in the middle of process?