+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 Application

regedit

Aug 20, 2018
Decision made - I haven't checked ecas for several days but let's say it happened today - Feb 5, 2019.

On the detailed status page there are only three lines:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 24, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 9, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on November 21, 2018.
Nothing about test invitation, interview and test results, additional document request, etc.

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Please add me to the list:

Username: rohan85
Single applicant from Toronto
Days in Canada: 1111
Date application sent: Aug 8, 2018

The following appears online:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 14, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 25, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on November 9, 2018.
I am new to the process and haven't really read the next steps. It would be great if someone has a ready reckoner of how the process works (in terms of milestones).

Thanks,
Rohan
On-Line Services
FAQ | Security
Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on MM/DD/YYYY
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on MM/DD/YYYY.
  3. We started processing your application on MM/DD/YYYY.
  4. We sent you a notice on MM/DD/YYYY to appear and write the citizenship test on MM/DD/YYYY at 0:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on MM/DD/YYYY to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March MM/DD/YYYY at 0:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us
These are the 5 messages to be received from IRCC from Application received Date to Oath Ceremony Date via your eCAS.

Reactions: rohan85

nirjhar

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
24-09-2013
Med's Request
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-10-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2015
Hi, received the oath invitation letter yesterday (4th Feb). The Oath ceremony will be on 6th March. Please update line 6.
Thanks.

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Please add me to the list:

Username: rohan85
Single applicant from Toronto
Days in Canada: 1111
Date application sent: Aug 8, 2018

The following appears online:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 14, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 25, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on November 9, 2018.
I am new to the process and haven't really read the next steps. It would be great if someone has a ready reckoner of how the process works (in terms of milestones).

Thanks,
Rohan
Hi, welcome as an August applicant - I have updated the sheet.

It would be helpful to know if you are a single or family member for the App type column on the spreadsheet. My understanding is that once your application is received, the process consists of a security check, also finger prints may / may not be requested, you will receive an invite for the test (if you are not exempt) and also an interview with an officer immediately after the test, (notification is usually via email and / OR postal mail). You will be notified when a decision on your application has been made and if successful invited for the Oath ceremony.

You should check your email regularly (if you provided CIC with one) and also your own online ECAS https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html for updates. I have heard from some other applicants that they have got as far as the test and then been told the security checks had not yet been fully completed at that time. Time frames between each stage varies considerably between regions and applicants.

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Decision made - I haven't checked ecas for several days but let's say it happened today - Feb 5, 2019.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 24, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 9, 2018.
Nothing about test invitation, interview and test results, additional document request, etc.
Updated.

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Hi, received the oath invitation letter yesterday (4th Feb). The Oath ceremony will be on 6th March. Please update line 6.
Thanks.
Well done, your application has been fairly quickly dealt with. All the very best for the Oath ceremony and thank you so much for keeping us all updated with progress during the whole process.

Reactions: nirjhar

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014

Decision was made on your application without any test invitation or other thing?? Are you older than 54 years (or whichever is the upper age limit)?

SonOfOdin

Aug 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th June 2014
Nomination.....
2nd October 2014
Med's Request
26th November 2014
Med's Done....
11th December 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27th February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
25th February 2015
LANDED..........
9th June 2015
I got test invite yesterday i.e 5th Feb. My test is scheduled for 27th Feb. Admin please update my entry in the spreadsheet.

regedit

Aug 20, 2018
Decision was made on your application without any test invitation or other thing?? Are you older than 54 years (or whichever is the upper age limit)?
No, what I was saying is that ecas wasn't updated with corresponding notes as I went through the process, I did recieve a test invitation, had my test and also had a request for additional documents but all these steps were not documented in ecas. I sometimes see that people rely on ecas to always have entries for these events and my case shows that this doesn't always happens.

Reactions: Owais Iqbal

buzzcana

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13/09/2013
AOR Received.
09/03/2014
Med's Request
03/04/2014
Med's Done....
08/04/2014
Passport Req..
30/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon IJN
LANDED..........
March 2015 IJN
No, what I was saying is that ecas wasn't updated with corresponding notes as I went through the process, I did recieve a test invitation, had my test and also had a request for additional documents but all these steps were not documented in ecas. I sometimes see that people rely on ecas to always have entries for these events and my case shows that this doesn't always happens.
I am in the same boat with you. I have only three infor updated on Ecas. However, I had the same during PR application so I am used to that. Reason why I also feel people shouldnt rely on Ecas