+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 Application

Sackville

Jan 5, 2019
Hello,

I am new to this platform and I am seeking clarification on some questions since most of you must have gone through this process already and can advise based on your experience.

- I came to Canada in August 2015, I plan applying in Feb. 2019 and my eligibility period dated back to 2014 and I have not landed then, which means I have more than 183 days out of Canada. Am I to attach a PCC along with my form or wait till IRCC request for it?

- I read about fingerprint, must it be sent along with the form or IRCC will request for this as well?

- Can I answer "Yes" to Q9c and fill the accompanying form with N/A in all the options in the form?

-Once a form is returned as incomplete, do you make another payment?

Thank you. I know there are several opinion on the above, but those who have scaled through can advise based on experience.

Atheist9

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Hello,

I am new to this platform and I am seeking clarification on some questions since most of you must have gone through this process already and can advise based on your experience.

- I came to Canada in August 2015, I plan applying in Feb. 2019 and my eligibility period dated back to 2014 and I have not landed then, which means I have more than 183 days out of Canada. Am I to attach a PCC along with my form or wait till IRCC request for it?

183 days condition is not if it falls within last 4 years only ( not 5)

- I read about fingerprint, must it be sent along with the form or IRCC will request for this as well?

Not required, you need to send only if IRCC requests. (Usually asked if RCMP is not able to ascertain your identity based on the details you provided in your application).

-
Can I answer "Yes" to Q9c and fill the accompanying form with N/A in all the options in the form?

-Once a form is returned as incomplete, do you make another payment?

No new payment required.

Thank you. I know there are several opinion on the above, but those who have scaled through can advise based on experience.

ashconnor

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Hello all and happy New Year! I was wondering, for those that were required to provide FP, what is the time-frame after the RCMP sends the results to immigration? My FP results were sent by RCMP since December 12 and as of today, I haven't seen any movement in my application. Thanks
I received the request on the 26th Nov, send 28th Nov, RCMP received same day, RCMP sent to Toronto 4th Dec, Toronto processing centre received 10th Dec and updated my application 20th Dec (note they don't update online, you won't see any change when you login).

If your results come back other than clean it can take weeks before the immigration centre will get them.

Altogether 23 day turn around. Adjust for your processing centre. Results are sent from Ottawa.

So in your case expect them to update your file either next week or the week after.

JC85

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
I received the request on the 26th Nov, send 28th Nov, RCMP received same day, RCMP sent to Toronto 4th Dec, Toronto processing centre received 10th Dec and updated my application 20th Dec (note they don't update online, you won't see any change when you login).

If your results come back other than clean it can take weeks before the immigration centre will get them.

Altogether 23 day turn around. Adjust for your processing centre. Results are sent from Ottawa.

So in your case expect them to update your file either next week or the week after.
Ok awesome! Thanks for the detail reply.

ekamsingh11

Jan 5, 2019
Hi, I am having trouble checking my citizenship application status. Can someone guide me how can i check my application status online. i have the file number, which i got in november.

nirjhar

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
24-09-2013
Med's Request
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-10-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2015
Congrats, please share your experience of studying for the test.
I just studied the study guide and the questions listed in the Richardson library website.

kk2018

Oct 24, 2018
please update
Got test invite today , test date 31st jan 2019 (Hamilton)
My hubby will be traveling for one week out of country during the same time, this is not a happy movement

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
please update
Got test invite today , test date 31st jan 2019 (Hamilton)
My hubby will be traveling for one week out of country during the same time, this is not a happy movement
Update, good luck with your test, hope all goes well.