Location. Montreal
App. Type Family
Application sent. 13th August
Application recd. 20th August
Aor recd. 2nd November

AaronCan

Nov 19, 2017
Hello Seniors

I received AOR just now. Have a question.

I recd. Email for one of my kid but didn’t receive PDF file for her.

Is it normal. And what is the next process?

Thanks in Advance.

jimmylama88

Star Member
Aug 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-May-2015
AOR Received.
31-July-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
28-Dec-2015
Passport Req..
25-May-2016
Single applicant from Vancouver.

Application sent: Aug 8th
Application received: Aug 13th.

I am all for patience but nearing the 3-month mark to receive AOR, makes me wonder if it's common nowadays for it to take this long? Looking at the sheet i notice it would average between 1.5-2 months for April-June applicants.

When I applied for PR, my application took 14 months to process (after I finally called my MP to see what had happened, and getting a decision made immediately a week following my call with her).

If it gets to Nov 13 and I still haven't received AOR or ecas isn't showing In Process, should I contact my MP? My two sisters also submitted their application with me, so we share the same timeline. Neither of us have heard back from CIC yet and are a bit concerned that the process is going to take longer than usual.

Thoughts?

lgill87

Aug 27, 2012
Hello all:

For a family of 2, I mailed our Citizenship application on 13 August 2018 and was delivered on 20 August 2018. We forgot to sign and put date on the back of photos; however, we did receive AOR on 2 November. Do you think that missing signature on photos will not be an issue in this case and my file will not be returned now?

Thanks.

Angel1029

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Single applicant from Vancouver.

Application sent: Aug 8th
Application received: Aug 13th.

I am all for patience but nearing the 3-month mark to receive AOR, makes me wonder if it's common nowadays for it to take this long? Looking at the sheet i notice it would average between 1.5-2 months for April-June applicants.

When I applied for PR, my application took 14 months to process (after I finally called my MP to see what had happened, and getting a decision made immediately a week following my call with her).

If it gets to Nov 13 and I still haven't received AOR or ecas isn't showing In Process, should I contact my MP? My two sisters also submitted their application with me, so we share the same timeline. Neither of us have heard back from CIC yet and are a bit concerned that the process is going to take longer than usual.

Thoughts?

it's also same here with me i sent my app on aug 2 and they receive it on august 7 until now i didnt get AOR..

Angel1029

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Omg!I thought I was the only one. Same exact thing happened to me. Had to contact my MP and got processed immediately. So imagine now having the same person processing our files. I don’t want to have to go through the MP again. Yes they were great in responding but why are the workers so irresponsible especially with sensitive documentation like pr and passports. I’m not too happy about it. Good luck to us! Let me know if you get it
Omg!I thought I was the only one. Same exact thing happened to me. Had to contact my MP and got processed immediately. So imagine now having the same person processing our files. I don’t want to have to go through the MP again. Yes they were great in responding but why are the workers so irresponsible especially with sensitive documentation like pr and passports. I’m not too happy about it. Good luck to us! Let me know if you get it

how did you contact the mp? is there any format we need to fill up etc? i dont know what to do here coz its been 3 months already and still i didnt get my AOR.

Danielari2016

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-02-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2016
LANDED..........
14-06-2016
Hi guys,
Usually what time you get AOR emails in the morning or noon time?

lgill87

Aug 27, 2012
Hello all:

For a family of 2, I mailed our Citizenship application on 13 August 2018 and was delivered on 20 August 2018. We forgot to sign and put date on the back of photos; however, we did receive AOR on 2 November. Do you think that missing signature on photos will not be an issue in this case and my file will not be returned now?

Thanks.
Can someone please add me to excel sheer and help me with my question? Thanks

frange

May 25, 2018
Can someone please add me to excel sheer and help me with my question? Thanks
It's depends on the IO; but it rarely happens for single applicant. However it can be different if it's a family base application. Otherwise if everything is Ok and you are the only applicant, you don't have to worry. For the sheet update, ADM will take over.

lgill87

Aug 27, 2012
It's depends on the IO; but it rarely happens for single applicant. However it can be different if it's a family base application. Otherwise if everything is Ok and you are the only applicant, you don't have to worry. For the sheet update, ADM will take over.
So it is possible that our applicatiom could be returned after receiving AOR, right?

frange

May 25, 2018
So it is possible that our applicatiom could be returned after receiving AOR, right?
I've never seen that before; but they can ask you for new information by sending you a RQ which is a residence questionnaire with a bunch documents to provide in x days.

Be patient and everything is going to be ok.

JC85

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Hello guy my file was recieved on august 13 i m still waiting for AOR looks 20 august applicants also have started getting AOR
It could be that our agent is on vacation. My package was received the same date and no AOR as of today. So let's be patient and wait. The day we don't check, for sure that would be the day that it arrives.