+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 Application

Gillmahal

Aug 3, 2018
I have a question if anyone can ease my stress...so when i actually filled the application I forgot to mention that I have Indefinite leave to remain in England and it is in my old passport but I m sure I mentioned it on my PR card renewal application...I m so confused that after receiving the AOR could this be a issue at later stage.

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1122 - Professional occupations in business management consulting
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8 2015 (Received - June 10 2015)
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
February 8 2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Inland - June 21 2016 (Officialy PR)
Applicants with applications that were received around August 2nd are receiving AORs right now. So you're most likely another week or so away from receiving an AOR.
Thanks for the reply. Fingers crossed!

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Hi all please can you help? I have had my application returned. I missed a box that needed a tick. Hands up it was my fault. The letter says Your application is incomplete due to missing information. It says if you choose to resubmit a completed application make sure you include - The completed application form submitted on a version dated Oct 2017 or later (it was) BUT then says NOTE: THE DATE OF SIGNATURE ON THE ORIGINAL APPLICATION WILL STILL BE USED FOR PHYSICAL PRESENCE CALCULATIONS! I am now confused. Couldn't get through on the phone for the last two days. My original application is now more than 90 days since it was signed (because of the seriously lengthy response to my application from CIC) - which matched the physical presence calculation. I thought the rules were that an application cannot be submitted more than 90 days after the date it was signed. I am now completely confused. Do I just tick the box and send it back (enclosing their letter as evidence but hey it will all be dated more than 90 days from their new receipt). Or start again new form, new date on application with new physical presence calc.

Last edited:

cancalling

Aug 21, 2013
Toronto,Canada
Hi all please can you help? I have had my application returned. I missed a box that needed a tick. Hands up it was my fault. The letter says Your application is incomplete due to missing information. It says if you choose to resubmit a completed application make sure you include - The completed application form submitted on a version dated Oct 2017 or later (it was) BUT then says NOTE: THE DATE OF SIGNATURE ON THE ORIGINAL APPLICATION WILL STILL BE USED FOR PHYSICAL PRESENCE CALCULATIONS! I am now confused. Couldn't get through on the phone for the last two days. My original application is now more than 90 days since it was signed (because of the seriously lengthy response to my application from CIC) - which matched the physical presence calculation. I thought the rules were that an application cannot be submitted more than 90 days after the date it was signed. I am now completely confused. Do I just tick the box and send it back (enclosing their letter as evidence but hey it will all be dated more than 90 days from their new receipt). Or start again new form, new date on application with new physical presence calc.
When did you received your returned application?.

WeirdWild

Jun 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
04-03-2016
AOR Received.
03-04-2016
Passport Req..
07-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2016
LANDED..........
03-07-2016
Did you mean October 2018? If it's October 2017 then for sure, just send the original back...

aks2018

Jul 11, 2018
Mississauga, Ontario
I don't see the reason why not. You should. Cause technically if you receive fingerprints request (they are being physically mailed), you will receive it onto the wrong address.
Hi lighty_j,
I am trying to update my mailing address. system is asking to update both Home address and Mailing address. Guess i should give the same home address again and enter it as mailing address with effective date a today. Is this correct? Hope you would have faced the same.

lighty_j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
SA: 27-10-2015
Passport Req..
AIP: 17-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
Hi lighty_j,
I am trying to update my mailing address. system is asking to update both Home address and Mailing address. Guess i should give the same home address again and enter it as mailing address with effective date a today. Is this correct? Hope you would have faced the same.
Hey. Honestly, I don't remember exactly how I did it, but if the system ask you to update both, just do it effective today. Since it will be the same address, it shouldn't be a problem. Also I would recommend to wait for some time (at least a week) and then order ATIP notes just to make sure it has been updated.

nk.nav

Feb 28, 2017
Hi, I applied for Citizenship in August and I got acknowledgement on 19th October. Before applying I did a legal Name change. On my application I mentioned that I want to use my new name on Certificate. The acknowledgement I got, still shows my old name. Should I be concerned about it?

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
Those who received AOR, did you send full passport photocopies or just the bio pages?

Reactions: Magdi_abu

cancalling

Aug 21, 2013
Toronto,Canada
Hi, I applied for Citizenship in August and I got acknowledgement on 19th October. Before applying I did a legal Name change. On my application I mentioned that I want to use my new name on Certificate. The acknowledgement I got, still shows my old name. Should I be concerned about it?
When did your application reached and what is your row number in the spreadsheet

nk.nav

Feb 28, 2017
When did your application reached and what is your row number in the spreadsheet
I am not on spreadsheet. Add me to the spreadsheet please.
Type: Single
Application sent: July 27, 2018
Application received: Aug 2, 2018
AOR: Oct 19, 2018