+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 Application

JC85

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Hi JC85,
It took about 10 weeks for me to get AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) from CiC.
If you check the spreadsheet you will see it takes a while for everyone, will come to you in time :)
Perfect! Thanks a lot. I noticed the spreadsheet after I posted the comment.

JC85

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Is the AOR receive in form of a physical letter or email? Also, when checking the spreadsheet I notice that there’s a tab named “In Process ecas”... do we get an online access code for checking the application?

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
I’ve become so paranoid considering I had to contact my MP for the permanent residency. They had basically just forgotten to finish processing it. Probably had it thrown in a corner with zero sh..s given until the MP contacted them. It got processed in one week. Shocking... I’m really disappointed in how they work. We are not expecting fast fast fast but if you say 4 weeks expected AOR and it’s been 12 instead.... my patience has a limit too.
I feel you. I am paranoid too. But let me tell you one thing, studies show that if you had bad luck with your PR, then you are done with all the bad luck. Believe me. ;)

Rahulpn02

Oct 31, 2018
Brampton
Hello everyone,

I had applied my Citizenship file on Aug 17 and got received there on Aug 22 2018.

They return my file yesterday as my sin number was missing a digit. should I just update that page of application and attach to the file and send back? With explanation letter on front.

I believe I need not to change anything else like signatures and other details.

Your reply would be appreciated.

luciano_ca

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
22-03-2016
Hello everyone,

I had applied my Citizenship file on Aug 17 and got received there on Aug 22 2018.

They return my file yesterday as my sin number was missing a digit. should I just update that page of application and attach to the file and send back? With explanation letter on front.

I believe I need not to change anything else like signatures and other details.

Your reply would be appreciated.
I am sorry to hear that your application returned. I feel your pain because I applied originally in June 2018 and my application was also sent back. I reapplied in August and it seems it is okay now.

You have two choices now:
1) Just add the missing number, write an explanation letter and send everything else as it is;
2) Recalculate your time, rewrite the application with updated information and send them with an explanation letter.

The advantage of item 1) is that you don't waste any time rewriting the application.
The advantage of item 2) is that you add more days to your "buffer".

Does that make sense?

Reactions: Rahulpn02

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Is it a essential to fill up form CIT0177 residence outside canada asa crown servant as I have no such status however I have completed form CIT0407 of physical presence in which all details have been given as and I entered Canada and when left with date and destination along with purpose.
Will any senior member or applicant who have submitted citizenship application as to whether form CIR0177 is mandatory to fill with information concerning.

Rahulpn02

Oct 31, 2018
Brampton
I am sorry to hear that your application returned. I feel your pain because I applied originally in June 2018 and my application was also sent back. I reapplied in August and it seems it is okay now.

You have two choices now:
1) Just add the missing number, write an explanation letter and send everything else as it is;
2) Recalculate your time, rewrite the application with updated information and send them with an explanation letter.

The advantage of item 1) is that you don't waste any time rewriting the application.
The advantage of item 2) is that you add more days to your "buffer".

Does that make sense?

Thank you luciaono_ca for helping me.

I will add that page of application and send them back with explanation letter.

CANJAZZ

Aug 1, 2018
Hi Admin,

Please update my status in tracking sheet
File sent on: 3rd August 2018
AOR recieved : October 19th, 2018
status changes to IN PROCESS: October 27, 2018

cctobyac

Oct 25, 2018
Hi admin. I really had screwed up our application. I sent our applications in separate mailing envelop last june 2018. My husband got his Aor already in august. My application and our son's got returned because i missed to fill out the SIN.
My son's application was returned because of
1. parents proof of canadian citizesnhip, if applicable. See step 1 hather documents in the guide.
So i sent it back in august.
Now, my son's application was returned again for the same reason while am still waiting for my aor.
I will submit it again with out passport copies and a letter that we are still applying for canadian citizenship grant.

cctobyac

Oct 25, 2018
Hi admin. I really had screwed up our application. I sent our applications in separate mailing envelop last june 2018. My husband got his Aor already in august. My application and our son's got returned because i missed to fill out the SIN.
My son's application was returned because of
1. parents proof of canadian citizesnhip, if applicable. See step 1 hather documents in the guide.
So i sent it back in august.
Now, my son's application was returned again for the same reason while am still waiting for my aor.
I will submit it again with out passport copies and a letter that we are still applying for canadian citizenship grant.
COrrection: i will send it again with OUR passport

Man415

Jul 25, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
Med's Request
10-02-14
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Our application turned In Process yesterday October 31,2018.

Line 28 on spreadsheet.

What a great way to start the month

Admin kindly update please.