user: Jitixa
Test invite: 30 Oct 2019
Test Interview date : 16 Nov 2019
Decision made(myself): 18 Nov 2019 / husband: 10 Jan 2020

Note : Husband received firgerprints twice during process -
1st: after AOR- Dec 2018
2nd :post exam- 22 Nov 2019

Awaiting Oath invite ....
Congratulations! Almost there now. Wishing you a speedy call for your Oath ceremony. Spreadsheet updated.

letstry21

Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP request 10-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Got Medical Instructions on 08-Jul after mail to CPP
Med's Done....
10-Jul-2014 (Uploaded 15-Jul-2014)
Passport Req..
25-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-Sep-2014(Initially passport was returned back due to Damaged passport so got reissued and send again)
LANDED..........
28-Sep-2014
Oath Invite -31st Jan Location :Mississauga
Finally Journey is almost over ....

vinayreddy

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Apologies for the typo - Actually what i meant was "In Process".

Anyways i have sent them a webform with the details of the error that i made in the physical presence calculator.
My only concern was when they call me for interview because at that time they look at the entries in passport and validate them against specified in Physical Presence. And i have read instances where rather than making decision on the spot..immigration officer post a note for another review and that has delayed some applicants in the past.

Atleast if i send them an amendment, even if i am questioned in interview i can justify the entry issue.
Hi Tanmaya,

can you please let us know your timeline for Niagara falls location, hope you had your oath done by now?

Thanks,
Vinay

ramrakeshasn

Jun 3, 2013
hello admin,
I became Canadian citizen on Jan 08,2020. below is my timeline please update in August 2018 spreadsheet.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 14, 2018.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 24, 2018.
We started processing your application on November 6, 2018.
We sent you a notice on August 1, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 31, 2019 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
*Note: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.
We sent you a notice on December 10, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 8, 2020 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
You became a Canadian citizen on January 8, 2020.

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
hello admin,
I became Canadian citizen on Jan 08,2020. below is my timeline please update in August 2018 spreadsheet.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 14, 2018.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 24, 2018.
We started processing your application on November 6, 2018.
We sent you a notice on August 1, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 31, 2019 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
*Note: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.
We sent you a notice on December 10, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 8, 2020 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
You became a Canadian citizen on January 8, 2020.
Congratulations!! Finally the journey is over. So pleased for you. I have updated the spreadsheet. Wishing you all the best as a Canadian citizen. Thank you for keeping us all updated along the way. :):):)

Reactions: GeoCanadian

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
Hello people!
Congrats to all who have completed this journey of becoming Canadian citizens.

I'd like to share with the rest of you who may be facing the last-minute delays or complications my own experience of the same. I passed the test (together with my spouse) back in April of 2019 - 8 months after filing the application. I've waited patiently to be called for the oath, but it has not come yet (even though a couple of people I know who took the test the same day, took the oath in August-September of the last year). So, January 8th, 2020, I sent another case-specific inquiry explaining all of this and asking for an update and the reason for the delay. On January 13th, I received this uninformative replay:
"Good day,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information you provided regarding your application and have forwarded it to the responsible office.
They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

As of today, January 29th I have not heard from the responsible office and my case status still shows "In Process." So, I just called the local office of my Parliament Member and explained all of this. The aid took down all the information and promised to request a detailed update on my citizenship case. He said I should expect to hear from them in 4-5 business days. Let's see - I will share the update at the end of the next week. I wonder if they will provide the Parliament Member's office with more explicit information as to the reasons for the delay (has anyone had this experience? If so, could you share the outcome with me?).

Cheers!

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
Hello people!
Congrats to all who have completed this journey of becoming Canadian citizens.

I'd like to share with the rest of you who may be facing the last-minute delays or complications my own experience of the same. I passed the test (together with my spouse) back in April of 2019 - 8 months after filing the application. I've waited patiently to be called for the oath, but it has not come yet (even though a couple of people I know who took the test the same day, took the oath in August-September of the last year). So, January 8th, 2020, I sent another case-specific inquiry explaining all of this and asking for an update and the reason for the delay. On January 13th, I received this uninformative replay:
"Good day,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information you provided regarding your application and have forwarded it to the responsible office.
They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

As of today, January 29th I have not heard from the responsible office and my case status still shows "In Process." So, I just called the local office of my Parliament Member and explained all of this. The aid took down all the information and promised to request a detailed update on my citizenship case. He said I should expect to hear from them in 4-5 business days. Let's see - I will share the update at the end of the next week. I wonder if they will provide the Parliament Member's office with more explicit information as to the reasons for the delay (has anyone had this experience? If so, could you share the outcome with me?).

Cheers!
Well, this was a pleasant surprise - less than 48 hours after my contact with the MPs office, they sent me this update:

"Below is the update we received from IRCC:
We can provide you with the following details about the status of application for a Citizenship Adult Grant for .......:
· The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on August 13, 2018.
· The application was considered complete and an acknowledgement letter was emailed to the applicant on October 29, 2018.
· The criminality verifications are currently valid.
· The security verifications are currently valid.
· The immigration verifications have not been initiated.
· The applicant proactively submitted supporting documents following their interview, which were added to their file on on May 21, 2019.
· An email was sent on April 2, 2019 to take a citizenship test.
o The applicant has passed the citizenship test on April 16, 2019.
· The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and the next step would be the ceremony.
· We note that following an inquiry via the IRCC Webform, an agent took action and sent a message to the responsible office regarding processing delays on January 13, 2020. No response appears on file to date.
· If the application is approved:
o the next step is to wait for the ceremony appointment. At the ceremony, the applicant will take the oath and receive their citizenship certificate.
· If the application is refused: a refusal letter will be sent to the applicant to inform them of the decision, and the Right of Citizenship Fee will be refunded.

Everything appears to be good to go, and the next step will be the ceremony. I’m not sure what the delay is, but we’ll inquire further."

If anyone has experience or has read/heard about the following, could you help me with these questions, please:
1)Does MP's inquiry usually have any impact? Does IRCC actually try to expedite the overdue cases if and when MPs get involved? Can an MP do more than just an inquiry?
2)What is meant under "the immigration review has not been started"? What is the "immigration review" in the context of the citizenship grant case?

Thanks all!

letstry21

Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP request 10-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Got Medical Instructions on 08-Jul after mail to CPP
Med's Done....
10-Jul-2014 (Uploaded 15-Jul-2014)
Passport Req..
25-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-Sep-2014(Initially passport was returned back due to Damaged passport so got reissued and send again)
LANDED..........
28-Sep-2014
Finally journey for Canadian citizenship is over .. .Oath done today @9am in Mississauga.
I will write separate post on my learning of the process.

Thank you everyone for providing gr8 help ,I will try to answer questions in coming days.

Thank you @littleun for maintaining Aug'2018 excel sheet.

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Well, this was a pleasant surprise - less than 48 hours after my contact with the MPs office, they sent me this update:

"Below is the update we received from IRCC:
We can provide you with the following details about the status of application for a Citizenship Adult Grant for .......:
· The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on August 13, 2018.
· The application was considered complete and an acknowledgement letter was emailed to the applicant on October 29, 2018.
· The criminality verifications are currently valid.
· The security verifications are currently valid.
· The immigration verifications have not been initiated.
· The applicant proactively submitted supporting documents following their interview, which were added to their file on on May 21, 2019.
· An email was sent on April 2, 2019 to take a citizenship test.
o The applicant has passed the citizenship test on April 16, 2019.
· The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and the next step would be the ceremony.
· We note that following an inquiry via the IRCC Webform, an agent took action and sent a message to the responsible office regarding processing delays on January 13, 2020. No response appears on file to date.
· If the application is approved:
o the next step is to wait for the ceremony appointment. At the ceremony, the applicant will take the oath and receive their citizenship certificate.
· If the application is refused: a refusal letter will be sent to the applicant to inform them of the decision, and the Right of Citizenship Fee will be refunded.

Everything appears to be good to go, and the next step will be the ceremony. I’m not sure what the delay is, but we’ll inquire further."

If anyone has experience or has read/heard about the following, could you help me with these questions, please:
1)Does MP's inquiry usually have any impact? Does IRCC actually try to expedite the overdue cases if and when MPs get involved? Can an MP do more than just an inquiry?
2)What is meant under "the immigration review has not been started"? What is the "immigration review" in the context of the citizenship grant case?

Thanks all!
Hi, like you I don't know what IRCC mean by immigration verifications have not been initiated. I can only think that maybe (?) it means that the supporting documents you submitted after your interview have not yet been reviewed by the officer and verified since being placed on your file? Maybe others on this forum may have a better idea. The final sentence in your write up says: 'I’m not sure what the delay is, but we’ll inquire further..' gives comfort that at least you have the MP also following up on your behalf and while this may or may not mean that an MP's enquiry will have an impact, it means you are not chasing alone. Wishing you luck and a speedy end to this journey. :)

Reactions: GeoCanadian

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Finally journey for Canadian citizenship is over .. .Oath done today @9am in Mississauga.
I will write separate post on my learning of the process.

Thank you everyone for providing gr8 help ,I will try to answer questions in coming days.

Thank you @littleun for maintaining Aug'2018 excel sheet.
Well done, yayyyy, you made it! Congratulations. Enjoy your new status. :):):)

Reactions: letstry21