+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 Application

kkk3532

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
Hi littlun
One more update on this. My parents are visiting and they are scheduled to leave a day before my oath ceremony. So, I sent CIC and email asking if they could give me an earlier date so my parents could attend. Well they did :). They sent me July 26th. Awesome.

Once again, thanks for all the help you provide us here.
can you share me email or address so i can write letter , i am waiting for oath ceremony , i clear my test in march 25 and decision made was 3rd april , i am November applicant , when i call them they said your file is ceremony ready . my mother has visited canada , she here only till august end.
please guide

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Hello guys i am going to renew my passport ..i m still waiting for my citizenship ..when i get my new passport do i need to update cic??
I have seen others that have been in the same situation told to just take BOTH the new passport and the old passport to the test / interview day and that it was not necessary to inform CIC before then.

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Hi Admin,

please update my final stage as bellow,

1. Received a letter for oath ceremony on July 15.
2. Oath Ceremony date on August 13.

Hope every have a good news soon.
Wow, well done! The final stage is in sight. Wishing you all the best for your ceremony, relax, enjoy and once completed, put all this long process behind you. Spreadsheet updated. :):):)

mekima

Star Member
Aug 20, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
24-06-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
18-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
LANDED..........
17-03-2015
So just got FP request today and omw to do it today and get it over with. Please update spreadsheet.

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Oh, I am so sorry to hear that you have had a FP request when you had got this far in the process. Hopefully, it will be dealt with by all parties very quickly. I have updated the spreadsheet - wishing you well and a speedy onward step in the process. :)

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Can you apply for the passport on the same day after the ceremony at the passport office ?
Hi, around two days after the ceremony your status on ECAS should show as complete. Once that happens you should be able to apply for your passport. If ECAS has not been updated to show as complete you can ask the passport team to do a manual verification. Wishing you all the best. :):):)

Last edited:

mekima

Star Member
Aug 20, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
24-06-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
18-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
LANDED..........
17-03-2015
Fingerprint was done and sent yesterday please update sheet

cute2bblue2

Feb 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
Doc's Request.
03-03-2015
AOR Received.
27-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-04-2014
Med's Request
06-06-2013
Med's Done....
03-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-03-2015 DM 04-20-2015
So to update my Profile,

Today I received an Email, for my Oathtaking

Oath Taking - August 30, 2019.

That will conclude my Journey.

Thanks, admins for updating my profile.

Marticus

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Daegu, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2014
Doc's Request.
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
31-12-2013
Interview........
N/R
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
Hello,

I have received a "Notice to Applicant - Request for Supplementary Evidence" letter today in the mail. They are requesting the following from me:

1. Entry/Exit Record of Movement from "South Korea" (my home country) for the period stated above.
2. A colour photocopy of every page of Passport
3. Flight itineraries or boarding passes for all travel outside of Canada during the period since I landed here in 2014

Soooooooooooo many questions:

1. I flew to Korea and back twice for 2 week vacations over the past 5 years. They don't give stamps in my passport. What kind of documentation do I need to provide for Entry/Exit Record of Movement?
2. They did not state the "period above" in the letter... but I am assuming since I landed in 2014?
3. I also DROVE across the boarder from Alberta to Spokane for 2 days - not sure what I can provide there as proof?
4. Attached to this letter is a Canada Border Services Agency report that show my name (Korean names as some know, how many of the same last names... in this case, i have ANOTHER PASSPORT number with MY name on it... showing I travelled to Vancouver and some border in Ontario - both not me, since it's NOT me.
5. The passport number they are requesting is the WRONG passport - same number as this other person with my same name... what can I do to proceed? I am in Edmonton - can I just go to the Canada Place and say they've got the wrong person?

HELP!

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Hello,

I have received a "Notice to Applicant - Request for Supplementary Evidence" letter today in the mail. They are requesting the following from me:

1. Entry/Exit Record of Movement from "South Korea" (my home country) for the period stated above.
2. A colour photocopy of every page of Passport
3. Flight itineraries or boarding passes for all travel outside of Canada during the period since I landed here in 2014

Soooooooooooo many questions:

1. I flew to Korea and back twice for 2 week vacations over the past 5 years. They don't give stamps in my passport. What kind of documentation do I need to provide for Entry/Exit Record of Movement?
2. They did not state the "period above" in the letter... but I am assuming since I landed in 2014?
3. I also DROVE across the boarder from Alberta to Spokane for 2 days - not sure what I can provide there as proof?
4. Attached to this letter is a Canada Border Services Agency report that show my name (Korean names as some know, how many of the same last names... in this case, i have ANOTHER PASSPORT number with MY name on it... showing I travelled to Vancouver and some border in Ontario - both not me, since it's NOT me.
5. The passport number they are requesting is the WRONG passport - same number as this other person with my same name... what can I do to proceed? I am in Edmonton - can I just go to the Canada Place and say they've got the wrong person?

HELP!
I would send all that they have requested. I would send a colour copy of all pages of your passport and a cover letter explaining the situation. If you can I would also send any flight itineraries and boarding passes as they have requested - try to get and send these because those that you have won't match to the travel for the incorrect/wrong persons passport they are working with and it will evidence that you are not that person. Does Korea retain details of border entry travel? If so I would request a report from them. I hope this works out for you. Perhaps others on this forum have some additional/ better advice they can provide?

Last edited:
Reactions: Marticus