+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

SnailEntry

Jun 10, 2019
Hello Fellow mates in boat of so called "express entry";)

Mine Snail Entry so far
ITA - 3 July 18
AOR - 5th September 2018
IELTS requested - 28th Sep 18

* didn't get any kind of message from them after that

* Applied GCMS in November and December showing no progress
* Applied GCMS again in January and discovered the case officer had put RR on experience letters, the case officer had left a note saying the letters were missing a logo and some other bits and pieces
* Submitted refined experience letters
* Didn't apply any GCMS after that , have written few emails, but always received the same generic reply but they confirmed that they have received the refined letters I had sent and they don't need any other document

In first week of June the medical status changed from "medical passed " to "you do not need a medical exam" (medical I uploaded with express entry was passed on 4 May 2018 )

* Tried calling them first time through google hangout but didn't get connected

so...:(:mad:o_O

ggeet

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
August 11th AOR, I almost forgot that I have applied for Express entry Canada o_O.
2 ADRs, no updates after that! Phew!

SRayhan87

Jul 15, 2018
24 Aug AOR, received golden email just over a week ago and today another one highlighting the fact that everything is approved. For those still waiting, hang in there. Some key points;
  • For work experience, some of it was self employed and followed the documents required to the letter. However, apparently 2 months into the app the case officer decided that not enough was done to prove the NOC for that period. This caused some problems major delays and problems.
  • The interpretation of 'not enough information to prove NOC' is a subjective one, and what we sent them (referrals, invoices to clients and payment of those invoices) wasn't on list of requirements to start with, and sent it based off of info from this site. Luckily it worked.
  • To this day the agent never requested additional information from us. The only we knew this was by requesting the GCMS notes in month
  • Calling IRCC, is redundant. The agent that speaks to you determines your experience. That said, all of them kept saying there is no notes on the file and everything is fine. This is what caused us to never order the GCMS in the first place, but eventually didn't trust a word they said, ordered the notes and saw info was required.
  • I lodged numerous complaints via the webform, called them ministers office several times and sent him about 3 emails complaining about IRCC. It amounted to nothing, but made me feel a lot better.
  • Order your GCMS notes, it's the only way to see what is happening. If you pass the 30/35 day mark lodge a complain with Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada. If you used a provider, like getgcms let them do it. You have to tell them to do it, they wont do it by default. Our second set of GCMS notes is as of today at the 60 day mark, I kid you not.
  • Our email today has our VISA validity dates on. It's marked for the beginning of Aug 2019. From what I have seen you normally have 6 months, but we suspect it is due to our medicals expiring at the start of August which might be the reason for such a short time frame.
We hoped for 4 months as an average, sold most of our stuff in 4 months. The last 6 months has been a crazy ride, more downs then up's and is something I don't want to experience again. Hang in there and don't give up!
Do you have your visa yet or just sent your passport for visa stamp?? Mine AOR is almost same as you and my security is ongoing from 21st May, si i am hoping PPR anytime soon. Please let me know if you have visa and how long the validity of your visa. IRCC did not ask for remedical yet but i hope they extend our visa at least few more months.

Frank05

Mar 23, 2019
Hello, I got this reply from the enquiry form I filled.
Anyone know what this really means and how long I have to wait.
Medical passed.
We are reviewing your eligibility and we are processing your background check!.
Good day,

In response to your email enquiry, kindly note that this application is still under active review by our office. At the moment, we are not in a position to give a clear indication of when we anticipate finalizing this application.

However, we wish to inform you that our office is doing the necessary to ensure that this application is processed and finalised within the shortest timeframe possible.

Hoping that the information above is satisfactory.

Regards,

jacam

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Hello, I got this reply from the enquiry form I filled.
Anyone know what this really means and how long I have to wait.
Medical passed.
We are reviewing your eligibility and we are processing your background check!.
Good day,

In response to your email enquiry, kindly note that this application is still under active review by our office. At the moment, we are not in a position to give a clear indication of when we anticipate finalizing this application.

However, we wish to inform you that our office is doing the necessary to ensure that this application is processed and finalised within the shortest timeframe possible.

Hoping that the information above is satisfactory.

Regards,
Generic response my friend, if you want a true status update order GCMS notes

Chipo21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
App. Filed.......
26-08-2018
Just spoke to an agent. She was very nice. Nothing has happened on my application since I spoke to the last agent in March. Just says in progress and additional review required. Considering changing jobs and don't know how that will affect my application. Will be 10 months on Aug 26th

Zenith_Sahai

Star Member
May 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27th August
Just spoke to an agent. She was very nice. Nothing has happened on my application since I spoke to the last agent in March. Just says in progress and additional review required. Considering changing jobs and don't know how that will affect my application. Will be 10 months on Aug 26th
#meetoo 10 Months on august 27

HarrisZhou

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Today when I called the agent she told me my file was transfered to vancover office last month. What does it mean? I am not in BC though

Dannny

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Today when I called the agent she told me my file was transfered to vancover office last month. What does it mean? I am not in BC though
That's strange, I was thinking that if you are an Inland applicant and your file was transferred to your city/province visa office that might indicate the coming of ppr/interview. Where do you reside?