+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
Congrats to all who got PPR and to those waiting keep the hope alive, it will happen.
Arrived in Canada months back, got my PR card and working. It takes alot I will say but its possible. My field is regulated in Canada so it is advisable to contact societies responsible for credential evaluation if your profession is regulated. Getting a job takes awhile but there are opportunities to start on. Living in the big cities is good but the competition is alot. So choose wisely. For those that have received PPR and are not coming soon, enrol for online programs that is free and offered by the govt of Canada. Use that to your advantage and include it in your resume as a Canadian skill.
Employers do ask for Canadian experience but if you have the education, skills and do your research properly, theres a possibility. And lastly always believe in God because with Him, everything is possible. All the best everyone.

Pris

May 11, 2018
Congrats to all who got PPR and to those waiting keep the hope alive, it will happen.
Arrived in Canada months back, got my PR card and working. It takes alot I will say but its possible. My field is regulated in Canada so it is advisable to contact societies responsible for credential evaluation if your profession is regulated. Getting a job takes awhile but there are opportunities to start on. Living in the big cities is good but the competition is alot. So choose wisely. For those that have received PPR and are not coming soon, enrol for online programs that is free and offered by the govt of Canada. Use that to your advantage and include it in your resume as a Canadian skill.
Employers do ask for Canadian experience but if you have the education, skills and do your research properly, theres a possibility. And lastly always believe in God because with Him, everything is possible. All the best everyone.
Thank you so much for the update and advices.
In which city do you live? Would you have an example of the online programs you are talking about?

Thanks! :):):)

SRayhan87

Jul 15, 2018
When are your medicals expiring? Yeah I had RR for few thing. Got to know through GCMS notes in May 1st week. Submitted LOE for everything under RR.
Are you under RR?
My medical will be expired on 17th August 2019 as well as my wife. I was under RR for POF, got to know from ralph goodale mail back on Nov 18. GCMS received on Feb 05 2019 then submitted updated bank statement and an LOE. After that long silence, file moved to Singapore LVO on the 21st March this year then on 21st may it moved to IP2 .

papan5069

Jun 13, 2018
New delhi
Category........
Hi Tinaaah, Thanks for your suggestion and please do keep us posted so that we can also take the necessary steps.

Can you please share your field of work. Are you are from engineering background as it is regulated in Canada. I have already applied for P.Eng from APEGA and plan to land in Toronto (Although Did not recv PPR yet). Can you suggest the present market trend in Ontario?

JSKK

Mar 12, 2017
My medical will be expired on 17th August 2019 as well as my wife. I was under RR for POF, got to know from ralph goodale mail back on Nov 18. GCMS received on Feb 05 2019 then submitted updated bank statement and an LOE. After that long silence, file moved to Singapore LVO on the 21st March this year then on 21st may it moved to IP2 .
Your file has moved to IP2, I think PR is near for you. Cic can ask for remed or May give you an extension for medicals. Stay positive. Wait is about to end.

Reactions: SRayhan87

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
Thank you so much for the update and advices.
In which city do you live? Would you have an example of the online programs you are talking about?

Thanks! :):):)
I landed in Toronto and stayed there for awhile before moving to Kingston. It's almost 3hrs drive from Toronto.
If you go on the CIC website, you will newcomers programs and you can click on the one you think might be beneficial to you. Theres SOPA but this only starts when you have your PPR, Food safety management program etc.

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
Hi Tinaaah, Thanks for your suggestion and please do keep us posted so that we can also take the necessary steps.

Can you please share your field of work. Are you are from engineering background as it is regulated in Canada. I have already applied for P.Eng from APEGA and plan to land in Toronto (Although Did not recv PPR yet). Can you suggest the present market trend in Ontario?
Sorry I am not an engineer but a health professional (Dietitian RD).
As regards to trends in ON, what I can say is the big cities especially Toronto have huge competition and housing is very expensive. Some people live few hours away and commute back and forth if they find a job there. Toronto is fun and there are activities to do compared to neighbouring small cities. There are jobs everywhere but it depends on what you want as well and how good you are. As a new immigrant, dont be picky but show your skills. If the job is for you, you'll get it.

Reactions: papan5069

Pris

May 11, 2018
I landed in Toronto and stayed there for awhile before moving to Kingston. It's almost 3hrs drive from Toronto.
If you go on the CIC website, you will newcomers programs and you can click on the one you think might be beneficial to you. Theres SOPA but this only starts when you have your PPR, Food safety management program etc.
Thank you so much for your response :):):):)
Very helpful!

Reactions: Tinaaah

DGS

Jan 28, 2019
@tobs my husbands passport will expire on 5th January 2020 so considering the 6 th month validity by July it will be there. Currently still waiting for PPR, aug 7th AOR.
Should he apply for a fresh passport and submit it via web form or wait for PPR to come and then do the needful??? I feel in any case they need to be informed about the new passport everything else stays same.
Please advice what is the right path.

SonaCanada

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Congrats brother:)
I am also NBPNP applicant...you can see my signature as well. RR for POF. file transferred to Singapore LVO in March, move to IP2 on 21st May. Eagerly waiting for PPR...every minute, every hour, every dayo_O:(

Thanks.

No worries, anytime u may receive PPR. Be positive :)

Reactions: SRayhan87

papan5069

Jun 13, 2018
New delhi
Category........
Sorry I am not an engineer but a health professional (Dietitian RD).
As regards to trends in ON, what I can say is the big cities especially Toronto have huge competition and housing is very expensive. Some people live few hours away and commute back and forth if they find a job there. Toronto is fun and there are activities to do compared to neighbouring small cities. There are jobs everywhere but it depends on what you want as well and how good you are. As a new immigrant, dont be picky but show your skills. If the job is for you, you'll get it.
@Tinaaah : thanks for your suggestion. Sorry for the late reply. Was suffering from high fever. Actually, heat wave is flowing in North India