+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Rik2019

Apr 20, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
If you don't mind , do you have any idea why you are under security check ? travel history to many countries? "sensitive" countries?...
So there are 2 things- security check and security screening. Security check is normal for all applications and security screening is for selected applications - 20% applications get delayed because of this. I believe my application is under security screening most likely as it’s been almost 9 months since AOR and my husband has an extensive travel history. Not sure if there are any sensitive countries that we have visited, my husband has traveled in GCC for work such as Lebanon, Sudan, Jordan, Egypt.. but he’s not been to places like Syria or Iran.

What about you? Do you also have an extensive travel history as well?

iterp89

May 9, 2018
Hello, I submitted the documents proactively from my side without an ADR. I called the agent and agent confirmed as well the documents attached to my file. I m just awaiting any update.
Any update on your application? Did the CSE resolve? What are things that you had uploaded?

Im on the same boat :(

Casatoor

Star Member
May 13, 2019
So there are 2 things- security check and security screening. Security check is normal for all applications and security screening is for selected applications - 20% applications get delayed because of this. I believe my application is under security screening most likely as it’s been almost 9 months since AOR and my husband has an extensive travel history. Not sure if there are any sensitive countries that we have visited, my husband has traveled in GCC for work such as Lebanon, Sudan, Jordan, Egypt.. but he’s not been to places like Syria or Iran.

What about you? Do you also have an extensive travel history as well?
Thanks for the answer, I just got my AOR so I am in the beginning of my waiting game. I do have many travels yes, mainly for work as well , total country visited is 11/12 I believe. Hope you get the scree

Reactions: Rik2019