+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

kushthapar1989

Jan 29, 2019
I spoke with an agent a week back and be said that eligibility is met , but background not yet started.
I would say that apply for CBSA notes because I can’t believe that CIC has not done anything on our application till yet. It will give us more clarity.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hopefully everyone here in August has their PPRs.

We landed a few days back.

Experience:

1- A long line to passport control, wait time approximately 40 minutes
2- Another long line to immigration control, waiting time 45 minutes
3- Landing took 6-7 minutes, we became PRs :)
4- Customs- 12 minutes including waiting time

Advice to everyone yet to land:

No matter what budget you decide on, add a couple of thousand to it. We have been to 4 continents and have visited so many countries more than we can possibly count, yet, we still did novice mistakes, all because of the wind (not the cold), going to the wrong bus stops etc.

As a result, we had to take many Ubers and spend more than we should have. Buses in some cities don't give you change, if you don't have counted change, you end up paying more like we did on more than one occasion. The best thing to do is get yourselves a Presto card the moment you arrive and load it up with a couple hundred dollars.

Don't live in a city other than the one you intend to do your formalities in, Go transit costs quickly pile up.

90-95 % of the people are lovely and nice, you will feel so welcome :).

If any of you have a question, just let us know and we'll help.

Also, there are 3 people on the Toronto gathering list as of now. Everyone's welcome.

Wishing everyone a speedy landing.

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018

Experience:

No matter what budget you decide on, add a couple of thousand to it. We have been to 4 continents and have visited so many countries more than we can possibly count, yet, we still did novice mistakes, all because of the wind (not the cold), going to the wrong bus stops etc.

As a result, we had to take many Ubers and spend more than we should have. Buses in some cities don't give you change, if you don't have counted change, you end up paying more like we did on more than one occasion. The best thing to do is get yourselves a Presto card the moment you arrive and load it up with a couple hundred dollars.

Don't live in a city other than the one you intend to do your formalities in, Go transit costs quickly pile up.

Also, there are 3 people on the Toronto gathering list as of now. Everyone's welcome.

Congratulations once again on becoming a PR/Landing.

Good info altogether. Did they ask for POF etc. at the airport ? At the customs, did they ask for the goods list ?

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Congratulations once again on becoming a PR/Landing.

Good info altogether. Did they ask for POF etc. at the airport ? At the customs, did they ask for the goods list ?
Thank you!

The questions you get at customs are dependent on your declaration after which you get a receipt that you hand to customs. As long as your funds are below 10,000$/person (even when traveling as a family), you get no extra questions. They would only ask you if you're bringing more stuff later.

No questions whatsoever about POF.

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
Thank you!

The questions you get at customs are dependent on your declaration after which you get a receipt that you hand to customs. As long as your funds are below 10,000$/person (even when traveling as a family), you get no extra questions. They would only ask you if you're bringing more stuff later.

No questions whatsoever about POF.
Thank you.

Reactions: EE456

cadgijoe

May 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Med's Done....
23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
That's strange!! if MI5 revokes the cap exemption for FSW/CEC, then, why did the case analyst has recommendation REVIEW REQUIRED MI3 for me.
Hi, could you post 2nd page and the last few pages (agent's notes) of your notes please?

vijay7006313

Jul 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
IELTS Request
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2015
LANDED..........
Soon

Experience:

Hey, need a suggestion about landing.
I'm going to do flagpole in Abbotsford or surrey border this Thursday evening. I'd have US visa as well and want to spend couple of days in Seattle, US. So the question is should i do flag poling first and then go back to US with my copr as in this way my landing gets completed in the first spot or should i just go to Seattle first and do landing process afterwards when i come back to Canada.
Any experience about that appreciated.
Thanks!

AV94

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-08-2018
Med's Request
14-05-2019
Med's Done....
20-05-2019
Passport Req..
03-06-2019
Finally , today comes the end of a long journey ! ! Period

Country - Uk
ITA - 5th Septemper 2018
PNP - OINP
AOR - 25th September 2018
VO - NDVO
PPR - 25th February 2019

Wishin Good luck those who waitin for PPR !!

Tah !!
Congratulations! All the best for your future :)

Yelzamani

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
I spoke with an agent a week back and be said that eligibility is met , but background not yet started.
I would say that apply for CBSA notes because I can’t believe that CIC has not done anything on our application till yet. It will give us more clarity.
Unfortunately, that is the reality for those with Eligibility Met Status. Myself included. No updates since September.
August 2 AOR. Eligibility Met, nothing else started