+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Sukhdeep88

Dec 10, 2018
It means the analyst has marked eligibility as met. A case officer is yet to tend into ur file and mark eligibiity as passed. Eligibility met is a good progress as well!! All the best bro!
Thank you so much. I called CIC on 11 feb , agent told me that everythung is passed except security.
But today the agent who was on line told me eligibility is marked met.
I hope people get their PPRs within timeline. Its really anxious

rushad10

Dec 10, 2018
Hi Guys,

AOR August 3rd CEC -inland. Now that its been over 6 months, I order GCMS today. I have spoken to a few agents, but they all refuse to tell me exact status of Eligibility. When I asked if this means if its "review required" they just say that it is still being reviewed. One agent even told me that eligibility cannot be passed until the security and criminality are passed. Can I assume that I am on review required, if they are refusing to tell me exactly what stage of eligibility im on? How are people on here getting agents that tell them their eligibility is passed? Two calls ago the agent told me that security had not started. Last call, the agent said that these terms are not relevant and that BG check is an on going process and not to worry because over 6 months doesnt mean that there is an issue with your application and that it is normal. I just really want to know the status of my eligibility and whether this is causing a delay.

Any advice is appreciated!
Thank you!

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Hi Guys,

AOR August 3rd CEC -inland. Now that its been over 6 months, I order GCMS today. I have spoken to a few agents, but they all refuse to tell me exact status of Eligibility. When I asked if this means if its "review required" they just say that it is still being reviewed. One agent even told me that eligibility cannot be passed until the security and criminality are passed. Can I assume that I am on review required, if they are refusing to tell me exactly what stage of eligibility im on? How are people on here getting agents that tell them their eligibility is passed? Two calls ago the agent told me that security had not started. Last call, the agent said that these terms are not relevant and that BG check is an on going process and not to worry because over 6 months doesnt mean that there is an issue with your application and that it is normal. I just really want to know the status of my eligibility and whether this is causing a delay.

Thank you!
Honestly the only way of finding out is through your GCMS notes. My sister's application has been eligibility passed according to 3 agents that we talked to over the past few months but we still ordered GCMS just to be sure.

One thing that I can tell you is, her application is eligibility passed but BG has not started yet so I'm not sure what the agent told you about "eligibility cannot be passed until the security and criminality are passed".

Reactions: tobs

rushad10

Dec 10, 2018
Honestly the only way of finding out is through your GCMS notes. My sister's application has been eligibility passed according to 3 agents that we talked to over the past few months but we still ordered GCMS just to be sure.

One thing that I can tell you is, her application is eligibility passed but BG has not started yet so I'm not sure what the agent told you about "eligibility cannot be passed until the security and criminality are passed".
Thank you. I have order GCMS as of today. Hoping that a decision comes first. Yes, this is what I thought too. I know that my BG check has started. Initially I thought this means that a decision has been made on Eligibility as they wouldnt start on BG check without atleast having a recommended passed...but im not sure if that is the case/what they're procedures are in processing an application.

Thank you again

Reactions: neochanges1

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
that was a coincidence @gau55555. Call agents don't influence PPRs or Ghist updates or IP2s.
His PPR was already scheduled to be issued with the rain that happened this morning.
Cant agree on this, as we have seen and experienced it in past that when people called the centre after 6 months, the agent shot a reminder/chaser to the case officer and the caller got PPR in ~ 2 days sometimes little more than that.
So I am not saying it 'influences' PPR or ghosts, but they have a trigger that they can use to wake the case officer up.

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
Exactly!
Tbh, I mostly ignore such silly claims of how calling agents or raising CSE's or ordering GCMS notes triggered PPRs, but it's becoming cumbersome explaining to people who do all of the above after reading some 'testimony' somewhere and still do not get their PPR that the claims are just not true.
And instead of this 'uncle' to just enjoy his PPR and his good luck., he decided to come lecture me.
I am sorry, but you are generalising GCMS, CSEs , and calls to a single category. They are not.

GCMS are case notes (i know u know) though, later two are ways of communication/Communication channels. A CSE or webform can be used to update your profile info etc.
I am sure you have read through all the messages where call agents said to the caller that they have sent a reminder to the case officer which triggered PPR for them. Though, this is not standard practice that all the agents follow, and that is inconsistent.
Its like the event in which NDVO was sending PPRs to all of them who were approved and sending emails to them asking for PPR. NDVO could do that but thats not a standard practice.
Wooof, I think this is too long a reply to make you understand what you already know....:D

Last edited:

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
No one knows for sure. You can't refute claims if you don't have the evidence to show otherwise. You can infer/assume like we all do but please don't sound like you know it all and whatever anyone else says is false. Except you want to tell us you're working for CIC now and have got all the inside information.
You may not agree with what she has said, but please try to be respectful to all the members. We all are same, and whatever she or any person tells us is purely due to sincerity to help others. Hope you will understand this. We may have disagreement, but we should not be disrespectful.

Reactions: anotherone11

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I am sorry, but you are generalising GCMS, CSEs , and calls to a single category. They are not.

GCMS are case notes (i know u know) though, later two are ways of communication/Communication channels. A CSE or webform can be used to update your profile info etc.
I am sure you have read through all the messages where call agents said to the caller that they have sent a reminder to the case officer which triggered PPR for them. Though, this is not standard practice that all the agents follow, and that is inconsistent.
Its like the event in which NDVO was sending PPRs to all of them who were approved and sending emails to them asking for PPR. NDVO could do that but thats not a standard practice.
Wooof, I think this is too long a reply to make you understand what you already know....:D
Nope. I disagree with this. If you believe it, then that's okay. But it's not true. Those cases that you hear of getting PPR after making calls to agents were already approved. You just need to check GCMS notes they ordered right before the PPR to find that out. The call agents really don't make any triggers happen and it's clearly mentioned in the dialing info you hear like someone already pointed out. They have access to the same case notes that you order. :) (we know these from examples we've seen when the call agents mention security is in progress just because it's blank and it's not started just because that was the last updated activity under security.) The same thing we see for ourselves in GCMS notes. .. This is pretty similar to the gist about ordering GCMS fast tracking or delaying application processing and it took CIC tweeting about it to get people to believe what was obviously clear.
I'm not saying anything more on this. I've said enough. :)...

Reactions: cansha

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi Guys,

Thank you!
Have you ordered GCMS notes? Looks like you're getting contradictory information from the call agents. Eligibility under review may not necessarily be review required. It may just be the term the call agent uses. Your notes will tell you much more than the calls can.

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
Nope. I disagree with this. If you believe it, then that's okay. But it's not true. Those cases that you hear of getting PPR after making calls to agents were already approved. You just need to check GCMS notes they ordered right before the PPR to find that out. The call agents really don't make any triggers happen and it's clearly mentioned in the dialing info you hear like someone already pointed out. They have access to the same case notes that you order. :) (we know these from examples we've seen when the call agents mention security is in progress just because it's blank and it's not started just because that was the last updated activity under security.) The same thing we see for ourselves in GCMS notes. .. This is pretty similar to the gist about ordering GCMS fast tracking or delaying application processing and it took CIC tweeting about it to get people to believe what was obviously clear.
I'm not saying anything more on this. I've said enough. :)...
Yeah.... I am not dragging it too...otherwise it will be endless discussion and Matthew will be all similes after looking at these.

Whatever works for whomsoever !!! The ultimate goal should be achieved

Reactions: anotherone11

winterdiva

Dec 18, 2017
London
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Guys, I got the "Ready for visa" email FINALLY !! (no ghost updates at all)

Many many thanks to you all for putting up with my frustration and keeping me sane. Gau55555 and Tobs - special thanks for your supportive posts.

It's perhaps raining in Ottawa, worth checking your spam folders :)

#Sorted #Relief

snowball2018

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018

Many many thanks to you all for putting up with my frustration and keeping me sane. Gau55555 and Tobs - special thanks for your supportive posts.

#Sorted #Relief
Congratulations! Your good news makes my heart skip a beat since my AOR is 3 Aug! Fingers crossed for people on Aug 3 too!

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018

#Sorted #Relief
Congratulations Winterdiva . Very good news to start a Friday Morning I guess..Switch on the Party button.. Really happy for you.

Thanks for your nice words. Hope to see you soon on the other side.

Reactions: winterdiva

winterdiva

Dec 18, 2017
London
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Congratulations Winterdiva . Very good news to start a Friday Morning I guess..Switch on the Party button.. Really happy for you.

Thanks for your nice words. Hope to see you soon on the other side.
Thanks :) Its all still sinking in. I got used to limbo state for so long that I'm finding this news unbelievable! But the relief is like no other !!

I got PPR earlier in my dreams twice, so I am still not sure if I'm not dreaming this time :)