+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

coolsup

Jan 30, 2019
Estimated remaining processing time: 1 Day(s)
Date received: July 31, 2018
Estimated completion date: January 31, 2019

Details about your application status

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - Not applicable.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision is made.

Do you guys reckon my application is going to exceed the 6 months ETA? Been worried and checking the website and this forum every hour the last few days.

Last edited:

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hello everyone. I'm new on this platform. Want to share my EE-FSW journey so far. Hope to get good feedback from you all. Please pardon the long post ahead. Some dates i don't have (when medicals was passed, etc.)

AOR - Aug 20th 2018
Estimated Completion date - Feb 20th 2019
From Nigeria
Single Applicant
Biometrics collection date - Sep 15th 2018
ADR 1 - Scanned copy of Valid passport (old one was going to expire in Mar 2019) Nov 8th 2018
ADR 2 - LOE on Statutory questions (will explain this further) Jan 28th 2018

This is my current status

Application step Current status
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - Completed.
Background check - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Before my ADR 1, my BGC read 'we are processing your background check'. After i submitted, the ADR column read 'we are reviewing the additional documents you provided'. BGC was still the same. Then before my ADR 2, the ADR column read 'Not Applicable'.

This leads me to the ADR 2. I schooled in the UK for six years so i had to provide PCC for both Nigeria and UK. Within that time, i encountered an issue where my debit card was stolen and used for debit card fraud. I was arrested and detained for approx 14 hours, questioned and released with no charges/convictions. This was a traumatizing experience for me because i never imagined i would find myself in a situation like that. Long story short, when i received my UK PCC, it said 'NO TRACE' which meant no record of anything (arrests, charges, convictions, etc.). Of course I was elated. I was dreading to see my UK police record. This is where it gets tricky, under statutory questions, i was asked if ive been arrested, detained or convicted of any crime in any country. Of course I had to say yes, better to be honest. But then, when the PCC came out, i was a bit confused honestly. So i am guessing they also feel confused on the disparity. So i responded with the LOE explaning my ordeal. The ADR wasn't even specific, it just said 'CLIENT INFORMATION: PLEASE PROVIDE EXPLANATION REGARDING STATUTORY QUESTIONS'. I figured it had to be this issue. I also tried to google what it might mean. Research said if you answer YES to any statutory question, you have to explain.

After i submitted my ADR 2, it was still showing 'we need additional documents to process..'. Then this morning, it changed to 'Not applicable' which is the current status now. However, my BGC changed to 'We will send you a message when we start your background check' which is like going backwards. It was being processed before, now they haven't even started. I am as confused as one can be. I tried to see if someone had a similar experience online but none yet.
If you explained why you had the refusals you had in the additional document, then you're all good. You should have done that when you answered yes to the stat questions.

Mo-Desire

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-08-2018
File Transfer...
14-09-2018
Hello everyone. I'm new on this platform. Want to share my EE-FSW journey so far. Hope to get good feedback from you all. Please pardon the long post ahead. Some dates i don't have (when medicals was passed, etc.)

AOR - Aug 20th 2018
From Nigeria
Single Applicant
ADR 1 - Scanned copy of Valid passport (old one was going to expire in Mar 2019) Nov 8th 2018

Biometrics - Completed.
Background check - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Before my ADR 1, my BGC read 'we are processing your background check'. After i submitted, the ADR column read 'we are reviewing the additional documents you provided'. BGC was still the same. Then before my ADR 2, the ADR column read 'Not Applicable'.

This leads me to the ADR 2. I schooled in the UK for six years so i had to provide PCC for both Nigeria and UK. Within that time, i encountered an issue where my debit card was stolen and used for debit card fraud. I was arrested and detained for approx 14 hours, questioned and released with no charges/convictions. This was a traumatizing experience for me because i never imagined i would find myself in a situation like that. Long story short, when i received my UK PCC, it said 'NO TRACE' which meant no record of anything (arrests, charges, convictions, etc.). Of course I was elated. I was dreading to see my UK police record. This is where it gets tricky, under statutory questions, i was asked if ive been arrested, detained or convicted of any crime in any country. Of course I had to say yes, better to be honest. But then, when the PCC came out, i was a bit confused honestly. So i am guessing they also feel confused on the disparity. So i responded with the LOE explaning my ordeal. The ADR wasn't even specific, it just said 'CLIENT INFORMATION: PLEASE PROVIDE EXPLANATION REGARDING STATUTORY QUESTIONS'. I figured it had to be this issue. I also tried to google what it might mean. Research said if you answer YES to any statutory question, you have to explain.

After i submitted my ADR 2, it was still showing 'we need additional documents to process..'. Then this morning, it changed to 'Not applicable' which is the current status now. However, my BGC changed to 'We will send you a message when we start your background check' which is like going backwards. It was being processed before, now they haven't even started. I am as confused as one can be. I tried to see if someone had a similar experience online but none yet.
Don't pay so much attention to the information displayed on your account. That doesn't mean your background check has not started. Your PPR is close. With the recent trend it shows an officer is working on your file and when they do that they try as much as possible to complete any file they're working on.

charlene007

Jan 30, 2019
If you explained why you had the refusals you had in the additional document, then you're all good. You should have done that when you answered yes to the stat questions.
Thank you for your response. I have never had any visa refusals if that's what you meant. And yes, when I answered YES to that stat question, there was a column underneath where i gave a brief explanation why. I guess they wanted a more comprehensive response. This query had more to do with the fact that my UK police certificate came out clean (NO TRACE) with no mention of this incident i had in 2013. Does it mean the case was not recorded or filed? I would never know.

cedarleaf

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Russia
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Hi cedarleaf,

I used CSE to find out about my VO and send an email to my VO to ask for update. You can try as well.
I have already done this. Emailed my VO, got automatic reply immediately, stating that I will not receive the reply if I am within standard processing time. I have 4 days before 6 months mark. If don't receive a reply, will try next week.

Reactions: Tinaaah

charlene007

Jan 30, 2019
Don't pay so much attention to the information displayed on your account. That doesn't mean your background check has not started. Your PPR is close. With the recent trend it shows an officer is working on your file and when they do that they try as much as possible to complete any file they're working on.
Thank you so much. You just gave me a tiny bit of hope :)

Mogo747

Jan 30, 2019
Morocco
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Morocco
Doc's Request.
03-10-2018
Nomination.....
25-07-2018
AOR Received.
31-08-2018
Med's Done....
30-08-2018
Interview........
21-12-2018
Passport Req..
21-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2018

AOR - Aug 20th 2018
From Nigeria
Single Applicant

Biometrics - Completed.

Charlene, all I can tell you is you took the correct decision by saying YES for the detention and gave your explanation. I was in the same situation as you and provided and answered YES and provided a letter of explanation and it worked out well. Be strong and keep the faith.

Reactions: tobs

winterdiva

Dec 18, 2017
London
AOR Received.
04-08-2018

AOR - Aug 20th 2018
From Nigeria
Single Applicant

Biometrics - Completed.

Have you called CIC? Do you know if your application passed criminality or is this security related?

cheekylittleminx727

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
I got this response from IRCC.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized. Following this assessment, your application was transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario (CPC-O). The office will contact you if they need other documents from you.

The background verifications are currently valid for criminality and have not been initiated for security yet. The medical examination results on file are valid.

Furthermore, if you would like to contact the responsible office directly in the future, you may find the contact information for the CPC-O on our website.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

I'm not sure whether I met the eligibility or not.

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Got a ghost update on 26/01, but my ADR is still showing :

We are reviewing the additional documents you provided ==> Since 14/11

Can I hope for a PPR with such status or is it mandatory that it reverts to Not applicable before the awaited mail (AOR 19/08) ?