+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

anika016

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
Yes, I have checked on Immitracked. Moreover, I have only compared for the FSW stream for Indians living in India. There are many cases where people with AOR date being in the second half of August and also some case with AOR date being in Sep have received PPR. It could be the case that people with more in demand NOC get PPR faster, which also makes complete sense.
OK, let's see. If that's true then I'm expecting mine by end of this month .:p

javo.vdm

Aug 3, 2018
Have any of you used GCMS Buddy to order GCMS notes? My notes were supposed to arrive on 15/12/2018 and now they are just full of excuses saying that CIC hasn't provided them with my notes yet and all that they can do is log complaints with CIC about it.

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
Who are the recent people who received ppr? Did you check on immitracker? Are the application from US or India? People from US may get in 2-4 months, but from India now I think it will take 5-6 months minimum. I'm not sure where everyone took their IELTS, but I took it in The Park Hotel Hyderabad, it was like fish market. Maybe not all are applying for PPR, but I'm sure the IRCC may have lot of students as well. Just that one day, there were more than 900 people at two centers in one city. Till we cross 5 months, no point in worrying.
Mam the point of worrying is - it used to be 3-4 months not long a go. Actually before June. And its not that we are overthinking, CIC has history of giving surprises. So, its not PPR until its PPR. Hope you get my point.

GauravChopra4

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi all,
Outland(India)
AOR 12TH AUG
MEDICAL PASSED 26TH AUG
ADR 30th aug and the same request again on 23rd oct. No movement after that and I have applied through an agent so cant check the account too.
Been waiting for the ppr like everyone else here and quiet desperate for the same.
Can anyone provide the cic number on which I can call and check the status of my file maybe? Also, would they just need the EE number to give the details or something else too?

digitalmohsin

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
United States
Hi, the most important pieces of information are on:
- Page 2: ASSESSMENTS section (this is the snapshot of your status) and APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT section (especially the Due Date so that you know when you file will be touched again);
- Last 5 pages: look for NOTES 2,3, and possibly even 4 (these are notes of the agents handling your files)

Appreciated if you can post the screenshots here (or on image sharing site and share the link here) together with the status on your CIC profile, because we can all learn something.
Assessments:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EaQOswhedhgCPcUc3mZHima9097uTR6Q
Notes 2:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1E5p84RXQcJPs31ZPgW3RVz8VV_4x3Jff
Notes 3:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pYSeV7euFp_RGSbeeeQbgLLNHa7Av_H2

Manu Kapoor

Dec 9, 2017
Food for thought

May people with recent AOR dates have received PPR in comparison to a lot of people with prior dates.

I agree that there are umpteen number of parameters to decide for approval but so many of us have a pretty straight forward profile even then the PPR is not received.

I am speculating that it may have a strong link with the NOC, against which we have applied.

Since NOC details are not available on immitracker therefore I am not able to cross check my theory but it will be grateful if anyone can share any insight over the same.
Hi MAK, as your eligibility met, I want to know whether this got updated on your application in Account. Because some folks even say that they received PPR but no status changed at all (Except Meds passed.). Is it so ?

cadgijoe

May 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Med's Done....
23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
OK, here's my take: (Disclaimer: I'm no expert)
Your AOR : Aug 22
Last time your file was touched : probably 11 Oct
Next time your file would be touched : 10 Nov
  1. Eligibility (the most important aspect of an application) : MET --> This is good. It will have to be confirmed by the Visa Officer, but there is very little chance you will be rejected. The rest is just a waiting game, albeit brutal.
  2. Criminality (to verify your police certificates) : NOT STARTED. On 17 Sep, it's recommended pass based on preliminary review only. On 11 Oct, your PCC is review required for some reason. Down below GCMS Notes (p47-50 for me), you can find the criminality and PCC section to read more.
  3. Security (the very last step when all others are cleared) : NOT STARTED. This is normal.
  4. Info Sharing (to verify your biometrics with other 5-eye nations) : IN PROGRESS. This is intriguing because in my family's case, info sharing is done within the day. It could be because you have an extensive travel record or because of the issue with your PCC above. I'm not sure. Down below GCMS Notes (p53-60 for me), you can find the info sharing section to read more.
Now for 2&4, if on or after 10 Nov, you turned IP2 (background check in your online profile reads "we are processing your background check") then it's possible the issue with info sharing and PCC has been resolved and your criminality has now likely been done. If not, I don't know.

love4immigration

Jan 26, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what r u doing in aug group?? ur application has not even finished a week and already asking questions. Wait for 6 months and join dec group.
I guess there aren't any restrictions to posting in the aug aor group if I have submitted my application in Dec. I asked this query just so you guys might be knowing it. Anyways thanks.

Sumeet24783

Dec 17, 2018
AOR 19th August 2019
IP 1
Submitted RPRF on 10th November 2018
Submitted newly filled Schedule A form on 12th November 2018

Today spoke to CIC agent mentioned elegibility is recommended pass
We have your complete documents however security & criminality is pending
When we confirmed will it complete within 6 months timeline he said i dont want to set false expectations it may complete or may take more then 6 months.

Any comments on the conversation?

Manu Kapoor

Dec 9, 2017
AOR 19th August 2019
IP 1
Submitted RPRF on 10th November 2018
Submitted newly filled Schedule A form on 12th November 2018

Today spoke to CIC agent mentioned elegibility is recommended pass
We have your complete documents however security & criminality is pending
When we confirmed will it complete within 6 months timeline he said i dont want to set false expectations it may complete or may take more then 6 months.

Any comments on the conversation?
Hi Sumeet.. I m not able to find contact number of CIC agent on website. May you kindly share the web-link for the same ?

Manu Kapoor

Dec 9, 2017
Friends... can some one please share the web-link where I can find the contact number of CIC (agent / office) ? I tried to look for the same but keep on getting to see Web-form etc. links

Sumeet24783

Dec 17, 2018
+1 (613) 944-4000 follow the IVR keep you application number handy use google hangout or Skype App if calling from India try near 6 PM IST probibility to reach agent will be high

Reactions: GauravChopra4

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Hey all,

Just dropped by to say goodbye. I just received my passport back today - and this probably marks the completion of my PR journey. I wish all the VERY best to all of you who are still waiting and I wish and hope you will all get your PRs soon too! I will try to check in on the thread once in a while if there's any questions I see where I can shed light.

All the very best to you all and I hope you all get great news in 2019!