Nash1905

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Delhi
August applicants still under IP1??

I am kinda worried since, m still under Ip1 (135 days) with no updates other than the medicals.... will it take more than 6 months to process , has there been many cases like that??? :( ?? and does mailing the ministers work??
Please can anyone answer this!!!

Happy New year guys!! :)

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019

I am kinda worried since, m still under Ip1 (135 days) with no updates other than the medicals.... will it take more than 6 months to process , has there been many cases like that??? :( ?? and does mailing the ministers work??

Did you call IRCC to get an update or at least know if eligibility was met ? don't read too much into the online status, try to call them to get more info.

Reactions: Nash1905 and tobs

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019

order GCMS notes. Don't email any minister.

Reactions: Nash1905

Nash1905

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Delhi
Did you call IRCC to get an update or at least know if eligibility was met ? don't read too much into the online status, try to call them to get more info.

Yes I did call them twice around Nov time, first the eligibility was "recommend passed", the 2nd time I call, its still under review.. that got me worried and about the rest (security and criminality) hasn't started too :(

Thanks anyways!

Reactions: aahaanbajaj

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Yes I did call them twice around Nov time, first the eligibility was "recommend passed", the 2nd time I call, its still under review.. that got me worried and about the rest (security and criminality) hasn't started too :(

Thanks anyways!
In my understanding once you are in 'Recommended pass' you're good to go, only remaining thing is the senior visa officer to approve the case analyst verdict, most of the time if he agrees the officer will follow, believe me, you can't always read too much in what the phone agent will say, because the info is given in live and in human language, so what I can call in progress another person will describe as under review or under processing, the only way to know for sure is through GCMS notes, in my second call the phone agent told me that eligibility was 'not met', needless to describe the sleepless nights that followed, get your notes otherwise it is pure speculation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nash1905

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
I raised a CSE to ask for my VO and found out that my file intake was made at CIO Sydney and then my application is currently at Ottawa and they are currently verifying the eligibility requirements.

Is this good? Any input.

Happy new year everyone!

Nash1905

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Delhi
order GCMS notes. Don't email any minister.
alrighty :)
In my understanding once you are in 'Recommended pass' you're good to go, only remaining thing is the senior visa officer to approve the case analyst verdict, most of the time if he agrees the officer will follow, believe me, you can't always read too much in what the phone agent will say, because the info is given in live and in human language, so what I can call in progress another person will describe as under review or under processing, the only way to know for sure is through GCMS notes, in my second call the phone agent told me that eligibility was 'not met', needless to describe the sleepless nights that followed, get your notes otherwise it is pure speculation.

Thank you soo much for the advice :) m a bit relieved.......!! :)

Getmeouttahereuk

Jan 6, 2018
Happy New Year all. A quick question to start the year off:

When you include your partner and children on your PR application, once your PR application is approved, will your partner be able to work or will they need to apply for their own PR once you arrive to Canada? I've tried to find the answer on the Canada.ca website, but I couldn't find any clear answer.

My understanding was they needed to apply for their own PR once we arrive, but will be able to start work as soon as the application has been submitted. However, I am not able to find where I read that and everything I've seen since suggests they won't be able to work until they get a temp work permit (4-6 months wait) to cover them until their PR is approved.

Anyone know the answer, please let me know.

Steve

Getmeouttahereuk

Jan 6, 2018
Also, is anyone else being dealt with by the London Office? If so, have you tried to get in touch with them directly? Apparently they are one of the slower offices to be dealt with.

schilz

Star Member
Dec 25, 2018
Happy New Year all. A quick question to start the year off:

When you include your partner and children on your PR application, once your PR application is approved, will your partner be able to work or will they need to apply for their own PR once you arrive to Canada? I've tried to find the answer on the Canada.ca website, but I couldn't find any clear answer.

My understanding was they needed to apply for their own PR once we arrive, but will be able to start work as soon as the application has been submitted. However, I am not able to find where I read that and everything I've seen since suggests they won't be able to work until they get a temp work permit (4-6 months wait) to cover them until their PR is approved.

Anyone know the answer, please let me know.

Steve
Your understanding is incorrect, if your application is approved the family members in your application also become PRs and can work as soon as you land as PRs in Canada.

Getmeouttahereuk

Jan 6, 2018
Your understanding is incorrect, if your application is approved the family members in your application also become PRs and can work as soon as you land as PRs in Canada.
Thanks, that is great news. I don't know where I read about them needing to make their own application, but glad it's wrong .

Let's now hope PPRs start coming a bit thicker and faster now Christmas is out of the way!

fahadxuberi

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Dubai, UAE
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
I was wondering if anyone's progress bar shows expected approval more than 6 months

Anyone?

My progress bar was showing timeline in weeks now its showing in days. Hope its the same with everyone else.