+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Manu Kapoor

Dec 9, 2017
Hi Manu,

I was on the verge of ordering GCMS notes myself. I tried calling CIC a couple of times but couldn't reach an agent because their lines were too busy. I had read a comment on this forum earlier that calling at the time just when they are about to begin taking calls is the best time to call which is when you have high chance of reaching an agent. That time should be around 7.30 PM IST but I am not sure.

I had asked the same question as you have, which is whether it would make any difference if we called CIC multiple times to ask about our status and the answer from other users was "No, it shouldn't make any difference". I would say, try at least 4-5 times until you reach an agent before deciding to opt for GCMS notes. Case Specific Enquiry is also an option that I have heard of, but not tried myself.

Also, please check the timelines of other people who paid RPRF later like you. MyImmiTracker website is helpful in that regard.

I hope my answer helped you in some way and if all your documents are valid then there should be no reason to worry.

Yes, your answer did give me important pointers and I will take the call accordingly.
Thanks somiran for the comprehensive answer and all the best for your new journey ahead :). Take care.

Erinyes722

Dec 13, 2018
In my account, there is a paragraph above the process bar said "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along."

Anyone have the same paragraph?

I'm a CEC-Inland
AOR 9 Aug
MEDICAL PASSED 30 Aug
IP2 before or on 4 Oct(I didn't check often)
Ghost update 6 Dec

Reactions: Toronto_FC2018

HM9292

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
In my account, there is a paragraph above the process bar said "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along."

I'm a CEC-Inland
AOR 9 Aug
MEDICAL PASSED 30 Aug
Ghost update 6 Dec
Yes I do too...

Reactions: Toronto_FC2018

pochfaye0704

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
NOC B 1241
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
11-10-2018
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Passport Req..
28-08-2019

I'm a CEC-Inland
AOR 9 Aug
MEDICAL PASSED 30 Aug
Ghost update 6 Dec
That is quite interesting... I read in September AOR forum, their message in their account is this:

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
You may not hear from us for a little while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

hmmmmmm....

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannny and M&Ms

sk1983

Oct 23, 2018
Hey Guys,

No status bar e mail or the bar on the profile for me

I really don’t know what is happening...

AOR : 19 August

Ravs85

Sep 25, 2018

I'm a CEC-Inland
AOR 9 Aug
MEDICAL PASSED 30 Aug
Ghost update 6 Dec
I have it too. I am fsw o.

Erinyes722

Dec 13, 2018
That is quite interesting... I read in September AOR forum, their message in their account is this:

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
You may not hear from us for a little while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

hmmmmmm....
So the paragraph might be just based on our AOR month, nothing special...

Reactions: pochfaye0704

JJ_87

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
I did not get any emails...neither about the introduction nor the launch of the progress bar, but I can see the bar in my application now.

Archita

Jun 13, 2017
@Archita Yes, I'm in a similar timeline and situation....

AOR - August 6th
Medicals Passed - August 28th
IP1 - Ever Since......Sigh!!
FSW - Outland

We're all on the same boat. Trying to stay positive and remain calm...I guess that's all we can do since we're well within the CIC's processing timelines...
I know it's really frustrating. But all we can do is wait. Hope for the PPR soon

JJ_87

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hi Guys, Please be informed that we are almost 10 people sharing the same VO Sydney and same stream PNP-Outland got our application approved 1 month ago and still waiting for our PPRs .
we called IRCC and an agent confirmed that our application is approved since x date and we just need to wait for VO to send us emails.
we have been waiting for this since November , we are AOR August and AOR July .
i just wanted to share this so if some of you have the same case can join the waiting list .
Its not just PNP outland, but FSW outland too, who are stuck at Sydney and files approved.
Nobody knows the reason, but I guess we'll be waiting for a long time untill Sydney finally wakes up from its slumber!
God knows when that will happen.
I dont understand the logic behind holding up an approved file.

Archita

Jun 13, 2017
Hi,

Same here:
19 aug AOR
Remedical request 30 Aug
Resubmitted on 6 Sept
Med passed on 11th Sept
No update since....

Don know what is happening in the background.
Wait wait wait .....patience is only option left now..progress bar is of no use.....we all hope before new year we end our this year will flying colours