+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
Hi all,

I am a long time lurker and first time poster! Let me first thank all of you for the great contributions and the amazing community work being done here!

My knowledge of all the abbreviations and the processes regarding express entry is very poor compared to what I am reading here so I feel very inadequate xD

However, I want to post here everything that I have done so far because I am really unsure if something is wrong with my timeline or I should start to be concerned or not:

EE Profile Created/Received: 13-03-2018
Invitation to Apply: 23-05-2018
Conf. of Online Application Trans.: 11-08-2018
Biometrics Collection Letter: 12-09-2018

(I then actually went to the office &
submitted my biometrics on -->) 23-09-2018

It has been 122 days since August 11th when I submitted all my documents.
It has been 79 days since September 9th when I submitted my biometrics.

Is there anything I should be doing , anyone I should be following up with?
Is there any reason to be concerned, most of the people who applied before me as far as I remember had their papers completed in shorter periods of time... so I am starting to get anxious.
:/
Just hold tight !! Its normal

Hope1805

Dec 3, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
11-08-2018
Hi all,

I am a long time lurker and first time poster! Let me first thank all of you for the great contributions and the amazing community work being done here!

My knowledge of all the abbreviations and the processes regarding express entry is very poor compared to what I am reading here so I feel very inadequate xD

However, I want to post here everything that I have done so far because I am really unsure if something is wrong with my timeline or I should start to be concerned or not:

EE Profile Created/Received: 13-03-2018
Invitation to Apply: 23-05-2018
Conf. of Online Application Trans.: 11-08-2018
Biometrics Collection Letter: 12-09-2018

(I then actually went to the office &
submitted my biometrics on -->) 23-09-2018

It has been 122 days since August 11th when I submitted all my documents.
It has been 79 days since September 9th when I submitted my biometrics.

Is there anything I should be doing , anyone I should be following up with?
Is there any reason to be concerned, most of the people who applied before me as far as I remember had their papers completed in shorter periods of time... so I am starting to get anxious.
:/
Exactly same timelines mate, except for the fact that in my case, biometric wasn’t required. I pray that the PPR comes for both of us at the earliest

Getmeouttahereuk

Jan 6, 2018
Does anyone know if the date you receive your ITA impacts the speed your application is processed or if the clock only starts from your AOR date?

harsh19

Dec 7, 2018
I just called the CIC agent toll free no and they said the status of my application is below :
Eligibility - Met ( not passed)
Criminality - not started
Security - not started

They said my background check has not started yet.
My AOR - 18th August
Medicals passed date - 9th SEP

What is the status on my application is it IP1 or IP2. It's almost 4 months and still eligibility is not yet completed to say passed its its still in process. My case looks quite delayed compared to timeline of others. Please advice by when can I expect things to move.

Harsimran1606

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
Hi on the friday i received email.about process bar in my gmail account but i never got any ghost update email or email about updates in my application although i am in the IP2 stage. Does anyone knw why it is like this?

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
I just called the CIC agent toll free no and they said the status of my application is below :
Eligibility - Met ( not passed)
Criminality - not started
Security - not started

They said my background check has not started yet.
My AOR - 18th August
Medicals passed date - 9th SEP

What is the status on my application is it IP1 or IP2. It's almost 4 months and still eligibility is not yet completed to say passed its its still in process. My case looks quite delayed compared to timeline of others. Please advice by when can I expect things to move.
It is quite normal. If you know the status of eligibility, criminality and security, IP1/IP2 doesn't matter.

Reactions: tobs

HM9292

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
Hi on the friday i received email.about process bar in my gmail account but i never got any ghost update email or email about updates in my application although i am in the IP2 stage. Does anyone knw why it is like this?
Everyone received the progress bar email on Friday ... Since it says the bar will show up starting Dec 12th, lets wait for tomorrow and find out what it actually means and how will it help the applicants. And as far as ghost updates are concerned, it's totally normal to get them or not to get them. Don't stress yourself out regarding that. I suppose processing is slower than previous years timelines because of ever increasing number of applications. So there's nothing much we can do except waiting; until the 6-month period is over...or we receive the golden email in our mailbox! Whichever comes first...I sincerely hope the latter for all.

HM9292

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
Can someone please explain the difference between "met" and "passed" in eligibility?
As far as I've read and noticed, "Met" and "Recommended Passed" have the same meaning: that the case analyst has declared it "Okay" but it's still pending to be finally reviewed by the case officer. Once it's finalized by the CO, it changes to "Passed" which is the ultimate step for Eligibility. Now the rest of the tasks: Criminality and Security can either be done simultaneously or before/after eligibility. It all varies case to case. Now, my apprehension regarding these steps might be wrong as I'm merely speculating from whatever information I have gathered from various forums and articles.