+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

harsh19

Dec 7, 2018
Your case is very similar to mine. I got my AOR on 13 aug and med passed 31 sept. Ordered gcms on 19 sept that mentioned that R10 is ok and A112 is met as of 19 sept. Criminality and security not started

Then filed moved to London visa office and not much was done. Ordered another set of gcms on 23 oct that suggested that criminality and security still not started. Sent an email to London visa office and they replied back by saying that your bgc is going on

Hi,
How do I find from my GCMS notes that my file has moved to which visa office and what would be the email address of that visa office similar to what you did.

Asiv adanac

Sep 18, 2018
App. Filed.......
Fsw outland (india)
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Hi, good day to all!!

Like many amongst us, I too got the below mail.

Quote-:

On December 12, 2018, you’ll see a progress bar for your Express Entry application. The progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application. It will give you an estimated completion date based on our latest estimated processing times.

We’ll let you know when the progress bar is available for your application.

Unquote-:

If we click on the 'processing times' in blue font, it takes us to another link and ultimately shows ' 6 months'.

The mail clearly specifies 'time elapsed since we recd ur application", and has not made specifics regarding progress /achievements/ transperancy on our files during this period, so although I don't think there's anything to be excited to await about on the 12th (other than ppr mails if they shoot it out), I definitely think that the immigration team is taking steps to streamline their process inorder to become more transparent and courteous with their immigration procedures unlike many other developed countries.

Reactions: Sunshine41

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi, good day to all!!

Like many amongst us, I too got the below mail.

Quote-:

On December 12, 2018, you’ll see a progress bar for your Express Entry application. The progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application. It will give you an estimated completion date based on our latest estimated processing times.

We’ll let you know when the progress bar is available for your application.

Unquote-:

If we click on the 'processing times' in blue font, it takes us to another link and ultimately shows ' 6 months'.

The mail clearly specifies 'time elapsed since we recd ur application", and has not made specifics regarding progress /achievements/ transperancy on our files during this period, so although I don't think there's anything to be excited to await about on the 12th (other than ppr mails if they shoot it out), I definitely think that the immigration team is taking steps to streamline their process inorder to become more transparent and courteous with their immigration procedures unlike many other developed countries.
Yep I think this may be the first step in a series of updates they may have planned for the future. May be a few months down the line that progress bar may have more information but not on 12 Dec.

Reactions: M&Ms

Asiv adanac

Sep 18, 2018
App. Filed.......
Fsw outland (india)
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Yep I think this may be the first step in a series of updates they may have planned for the future. May be a few months down the line that progress bar may have more information but not on 12 Dec.
True, I agree and it's most likely.

Minimie

Sep 28, 2018
Hi all,
Got a Ready for Visa email. I dont know if it equals PPR email but that's the title and it talks about sending passports to New Delhi so I am a bit confused since I'm from Nigeria I wonder why it says I should send to New Delhi.
Its addressed to my name and has my UCI at the beginning of the mail. Then goes

"This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:

1) Passports

• VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Contact VFS in India (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india) or in Nepal (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nepal) and pay the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services . A separate envelope is required for each passport.

• Please take this letter and present it to VFS for the purchase of the secure Passport Transmission Service. VFS will send your passport to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi in a secure envelope. You will then be advised by VFS when your passport has been returned and is ready to be picked up.

• Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
  • There must be at least two blank pages in each passport.
  • We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six months.

2) Photographs

Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent. For instructions on photo requirements and specifications, see:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3) Change in Circumstances

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this officeimmediately:

· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;

· Death of applicant, dependant of sponsor/assisting relative;

· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);

· Change in health;

· The laying of criminal charges or conviction for a criminal offence;

· A change in availability of funds for use in Canada;

· Change of address or phone number

4) Submitting your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O)

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.

You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:

· A self-addressed, pre-paidXpresspost envelope fromCanada Post.

Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspostenvelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.

Enclose this envelope along with your documents and a copy of this letter.

You can purchase a Canada Post shipping label on line at:

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp

Please note that the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier than a pre-paid self-addressed Expresspost envelope.

Submit all documents in a single package and send it to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR

365 Laurier Avenue West

Ottawa ON

K1A 1L1

NOTE: Your passports and photos must be received by the visa office in New Delhi within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to comply with this request could result in the refusal of your application. Please include a copy of this letter along with your submission."

Whoever this is clear to should kindly advise

Asiv adanac

Sep 18, 2018
App. Filed.......
Fsw outland (india)
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Hi all,
Got a Ready for Visa email. I dont know if it equals PPR email but that's the title and it talks about sending passports to New Delhi so I am a bit confused since I'm from Nigeria I wonder why it says I should send to New Delhi.

"This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:

1) Passports

• VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Contact VFS in India (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india) or in Nepal (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nepal) and pay the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services . A separate envelope is required for each passport.

• Please take this letter and present it to VFS for the purchase of the secure Passport Transmission Service. VFS will send your passport to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi in a secure envelope. You will then be advised by VFS when your passport has been returned and is ready to be picked up.

• Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
  • We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six months.

2) Photographs

Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent. For instructions on photo requirements and specifications, see:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this officeimmediately:

· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;

· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);

· Change in health;

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.

You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:

Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspostenvelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

Please note that the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier than a pre-paid self-addressed Expresspost envelope.

CPC – Ottawa – PR

365 Laurier Avenue West

Ottawa ON

K1A 1L1

NOTE: Your passports and photos must be received by the visa office in New Delhi within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to comply with this request could result in the refusal of your application. Please include a copy of this letter along with your submission."

Hi, bro i think u need to do the following options, unless someone advises a better plan of action.

1) raise a CSE explaining this situation clearly, short and crisp.
2) call the cic client support agent , inform them and ask them what is to be done further.
3) last step-drop an email with the attachment you recd to cpc ottawa and explain your situation. Include ur uci no. , Express entry profile no., name, age, adress, country of birth etc. This needs to be done last as they take time to respond to emails.

Last edited:
Reactions: india2canadasg

expressca

Jun 22, 2018
It has been a long day, passing by the dry parched course of time, any news of an oasis excites the weary and the tired. So cant blame nor complain :)
By now, we have seen many oasis mirages such as technical maintenance every now and then. Better be sailing through the desert hopelessly and get surprised by an oasis than being hopeful for another oasis that turns out to be just another mirage.

Last edited:
Reactions: M&Ms and Ravs85

india2canadasg

Jun 10, 2017
Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
21-08-2018
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Passport Req..
23-11-2018
Hi all,

1) Passports

2) Photographs

· Change in health;

CPC – Ottawa – PR

365 Laurier Avenue West

Ottawa ON

K1A 1L1

Congratulations!
That is the PPR mail.. And i think they botched up and sent you the wrong mail. I've read it somewhere before too.
Following link has someone with PPR from Nigeria, and it should have said VFS Ghana in your mail too:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/recd-copr-and-ppr.517832/

You'll need to ask them to change VO, i think by replying to the same mail you got..

Atuli

Oct 14, 2018
Just got the PPR today!

Timeline -

11 July - Received ITA
22 Aug - AOR received - application was received at the CIO in Sydney, Nova Scotia
16 Sep - meds passed
16 Sep - IP1 -> R10 completeness check done
19 Nov - IP2 - Background Check started - IN CPC - Ottawa
6 Dec - Ghost Update
7 Dec - PPR
Similar timeline I carry...waiting for my turn...congratulations to you...!!

Reactions: nitingoescanada