+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

S_Arjun

Nov 22, 2018
What was the wording of your CSE? I'm thinking of doing the same but I know you need to ask very specific questions in a kind manner in order to get the most information out of the interaction.
Straight out of my email --

My application is currently being processed for back ground checks from what i see on the portal. I would like to know the status of criminality check, security check and eligibility check for my application. Would you please be kind enough in letting me know the current status.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

rolaesh

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
It is not. However, be aware that it could create a major complication later on for the spouse on grounds of misrepresentation. When a person chooses a spouse to be “non accompanying” simply to get a higher score (score manipulation), this gives rise to a situation where the spouse would later have to be sponsored.

When you sponsor your spouse at a later date, the IRCC may enquire as to why the spouse wasn’t originally not included on your EE application. When you choose your spouse as non-accompanying, you need to provide the reason to do so.

When you sponsor them later, the IRCC evaluates whether the sponsorship is reasonable in light of the reason you “originally” provided. If they suspect that you chose your spouse to be “non-accompanying” simply to manipulate the scoring system, the sponsorship application may be rejected.

If the spouse applies for EE independently later on, the same question arises. In her EE application, the spouse will have to disclose that her husband is in Canada and is a PR. That is a question on the application.

When her application is evaluated, she might be questioned as to why she wasn’t included on the original EE application of her husband.

My attorney had given me multiple warnings about this when I had chosen my spouse as “non-accompanying”. Which is why, the minute I got confirmation from her employer that she can be moved to their Canadian office, I added her to my own application.

To be clear, my attorney has dealt with cases where spousal sponsorships or independent EE applications of spouse at a later stage have been denied because of suspected misrepresentation by the IRCC. To prove that you had a legit reason, you have to provide evidence and quite often that is hard to provide, especially when you did not have a legit reason in the first place to keep your spouse as “non accompanying”.

Hope this is clear now. It is not an “offence” to have spouse as “non accompanying”. But it is certainly grounds for rejection of spousal sponsorship or independent EE application of the spouse on account of misrepresentation. Misrepresentation has serious consequences and your spouse may eventually have trouble emigrating.

To be clear, not everyone gets rejected if they file spousal sponsorship later on. Many applications do succeed. But there are also some which do not succeed. There is no guarantee of how this plays out. If you are willing to take the risk of your spouse getting stuck in a different country, you may go ahead and make your “non accompanying” decision simply to manipulate scores. It is your choice - and please make an informed decision rather than asking snarky rhetoric questions.

Hope this helps. If you’re thinking of score manipulation by flipping between “accompanying” and “non accompanying”, please consult a proper lawyer to understand the consequences. I don’t suggest you do this via online forums or via “immigration agents”. You need an actual attorney for this kind of decision. Someone who can represent you in case an appeal needs to be filed for rejection of spousal sponsorship later on.
Thanks for your reply. It is very informative

misabgd

Dec 14, 2015
Serbia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-08-2018
AOR Received.
22-08-2018
Med's Done....
17-09-2018
I hope these PPR's reach people with biometrics. It's really really frustrating not seeing any single update since passing medicals and doing biometrics three months ago :(
After I got medical passed and finished biometrics there was absolute silence .. no ghost updates..nothing..
I raised CSE and got a reply from CIC within 2 days stating that my VO is Ottawa and that background checks are undergoing ... thats it ...

Hopefully in next 2-3 weeks there should be some movement (I honestly hope so) .. nevertheless Im planning on ordering case notes by the beginning of January just to see what was happening with the application .... fingers crossed ..

Reactions: SRayhan87

misabgd

Dec 14, 2015
Serbia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-08-2018
AOR Received.
22-08-2018
Med's Done....
17-09-2018
Anyone with biometrics FSW-O got their PPR yet?
nope .. after medicals and biometrics ... total silence ...
guess that's how they been doing with people from biometrics-requested countries...

I honestly wonder how the process will look like from January 1st 2019 when biometrics become mandatory for everybody .. :)

Reactions: aahaanbajaj

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
Please let's be civil.
This forum has been a welcome change from the daily life situations by being an exemplary place of helpfulness and real fellowship. And most people on this forum are extremely helpful and nice.
Let's continue the tradition and not fight amongst ourselves.

And here's to hoping that your assumption is wrong and you get a PPR today!
Good luck
@hellgirl11 chose ur words carefully! Here we all are one ..

Don't discourage lads be a game !

harsh19

Dec 7, 2018
Hi All,
I just joined this thread my AOR is 18th Aug and MEP= 9th Sep but still no update post Medicals. GCMS shows at the start that Eligibility passed but Criminality and security not started. Additionally the recommendations say R10 = OK and R11.2 = Met. What should I interpret and how much time can be estimated to get the PPR

Reactions: Aitim

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Hi All,
I just joined this thread my AOR is 18th Aug and MEP= 9th Sep but still no update post Medicals. GCMS shows at the start that Eligibility passed but Criminality and security not started. Additionally the recommendations say R10 = OK and R11.2 = Met. What should I interpret and how much time can be estimated to get the PPR
Your case is very similar to mine. I got my AOR on 13 aug and med passed 31 sept. Ordered gcms on 19 sept that mentioned that R10 is ok and A112 is met as of 19 sept. Criminality and security not started

Then filed moved to London visa office and not much was done. Ordered another set of gcms on 23 oct that suggested that criminality and security still not started. Sent an email to London visa office and they replied back by saying that your bgc is going on

s_mishra

Dec 1, 2018
I am trying to update my address as I have recently moved. The change of address through IRCC does not allow me to update my address. this is what it shows.
Does anyone knows why this is happening??

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

• Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.