+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

S_Arjun

Nov 22, 2018
Just got the PPR today!

Timeline -

11 July - Received ITA
22 Aug - AOR received - application was received at the CIO in Sydney, Nova Scotia
16 Sep - meds passed
16 Sep - IP1 -> R10 completeness check done
19 Nov - IP2 - Background Check started - IN CPC - Ottawa
6 Dec - Ghost Update
7 Dec - PPR

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Just got the golden mail... still can’t believe it.. however nothing has changed in my cic Account :( it still says we are processing your background check
Congratulations. Could you please share e-mail Id from where you got it.
Cheers...

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Just got the PPR today!

Timeline -

11 July - Received ITA
22 Aug - AOR received - application was received at the CIO in Sydney, Nova Scotia
16 Sep - meds passed
16 Sep - IP1 -> R10 completeness check done
19 Nov - IP2 - Background Check started - IN CPC - Ottawa
6 Dec - Ghost Update
7 Dec - PPR
Congratulations. Could you please share e-mail Id from where you got it.
Cheers...

india2canadasg

Jun 10, 2017
Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
21-08-2018
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Passport Req..
23-11-2018
Talking about non-accompanying spouse or partner. Some of you say that they will be blamed in misrepresentation in the future. So why CIC gives such option? To accompany or not? Maybe because everyone has his own circumstances?
In CIC website we can read the following (this refers to Medical exam, but the point is also about accompanying or non-accompanying spouse):

"Non-accompanying dependants must undergo a medical exam to make sure they are admissible to Canada. They must be admissible to maintain their eligibility to be sponsored by their family members in the future."

So we can assume that if the spouse doesn't accompany the principal applicant now, it will not be impossible for him to be sponsored in the future.
Yes it will not be impossible. That's why sponsorship is there.

However, consider this situation:
You have a CRS score of 450 as single applicant without spouse points.
With spouse your score decreases to let's say 430 (No education qualification of spouse/poor english results resulting in 0 marks, etc.) and you apply as single applicant, get PR and then sponsor spouse.
CIC may think that as a family unit you don't qualify for points cut off and you jumped above other such family units by playing with scores, sponsorship may be a problem, although you yourself remain a PR.

On the other side, if the above is not the case and you still have enough points with spouse but are not taking her along for genuine reasons (Let's say Job doesn't allow her), something you can concretely prove as well as seems genuine, then maybe it won't be a problem.

I second all views from p_d2058

Reactions: p_d2058

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Talking about non-accompanying spouse or partner. Some of you say that they will be blamed in misrepresentation in the future. So why CIC gives such option? To accompany or not? Maybe because everyone has his own circumstances?
In CIC website we can read the following (this refers to Medical exam, but the point is also about accompanying or non-accompanying spouse):

"Non-accompanying dependants must undergo a medical exam to make sure they are admissible to Canada. They must be admissible to maintain their eligibility to be sponsored by their family members in the future."

So we can assume that if the spouse doesn't accompany the principal applicant now, it will not be impossible for him to be sponsored in the future.
It is not impossible for them to be sponsored on future. Nobody said it’s impossible. Simply calling out that it “can” be classified as misrepresentation although that doesn’t always happen.

Why does CIC give the non-accompanying option you ask?

Answer: CIC gives the “non accompanying” option for legit cases. Mine was one such example. Where spouse was bound contractually to complete a certain project over 3 years in the US. Other examples are where spouse is studying currently and can’t leave the educational degree in between. If it’s a Bachelors Degree for example, he/she might not be able to leave the country for 3-4 years. These are legit cases which can be backed by proof if needed.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: india2canadasg

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Yes it will not be impossible. That's why sponsorship is there.

However, consider this situation:
You have a CRS score of 450 as single applicant without spouse points.
With spouse your score decreases to let's say 430 (No education qualification of spouse/poor english results resulting in 0 marks, etc.) and you apply as single applicant, get PR and then sponsor spouse.
CIC may think that as a family unit you don't qualify for points cut off and you jumped above other such family units by playing with scores, sponsorship may be a problem, although you yourself remain a PR.

On the other side, if the above is not the case and you still have enough points with spouse but are not taking her along for genuine reasons (Let's say Job doesn't allow her), something you can concretely prove as well as seems genuine, then maybe it won't be a problem.

I second all views from p_d2058
Thank you!

india2canadasg

Jun 10, 2017
Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
21-08-2018
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Passport Req..
23-11-2018
received PPR mail today morning.......

Timeline:
AOR 10 AUg
MEP 1 Sept
IP2 22 Nov
PPR 07 Dec
Congratulations!
Happy that so many PPRs are coming today!
Anyone up for a meet greet session in Delhi? Would be great to connect and foster some good friendships before we move!

Asiv adanac

Sep 18, 2018
App. Filed.......
Fsw outland (india)
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Congrats to folks who got ppr!! Cheers!! Gbu all in future endeavors!! Pls update ur good news on immitracker.

See guys, I just reminded all of us yesterday that we need to remain calm n today we had ppr showers. Don't allow ur mind and peace to get rattled by conspiracy theories. Cheers n God bless!!

snowball2018

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Congrats to folks who got ppr!! Cheers!! Gbu all in future endeavors!! Pls update ur good news on immitracker.

See guys, I just reminded all of us yesterday that we need to remain calm n today we had ppr showers. Don't allow ur mind and peace to get rattled by conspiracy theories. Cheers n God bless!!
Hi Asiv,

I've got almost the same timeline as yours, and I have noticed people with IP2 on 19; 20; 22 Nov have just got their golden emails.

Really hope it's gonna be our turn soon since I'm all worn out waiting here.....