+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

powerofchrist

Mar 15, 2018
Guys i need to share with you a valuable information : so many of my friends including me got an update through the IRCC web form that a decision has been made for our application and that we will be notified soon by the responsible office.. Some of my friends has been waiting for PPR email for more than 3 weeks after this updated.. so after small investigation we got to know that hundreds of people are on hold because IRCC reached the maximum limit of PPR for 2018 and that all PPR will be issued starting from January .. this is our assumption so if someone is sharing the same case please confirm but we are almost sure that this is the case.
This crossed my mind when I saw no PPRs for residents of India after Nov 23. FSW-O.

Reactions: Ajarun1

Asiv adanac

Sep 18, 2018
App. Filed.......
Fsw outland (india)
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Guys i need to share with you a valuable information : so many of my friends including me got an update through the IRCC web form that a decision has been made for our application and that we will be notified soon by the responsible office.. Some of my friends has been waiting for PPR email for more than 3 weeks after this updated.. so after small investigation we got to know that hundreds of people are on hold because IRCC reached the maximum limit of PPR for 2018 and that all PPR will be issued starting from January .. this is our assumption so if someone is sharing the same case please confirm but we are almost sure that this is the case.
Hi dear, thank you for sharing in your thoughts and assumptions. I am sure you meant the above for the good of many who r active and inactive in this forum but somehow unfortunately it got misinterpreted.
A friendly advise, whenever forecasts, speculations or assumptions are made on any kinda public forum, it needs to be backed up well with references, bibliography, data, investigative methods and the basis on which the conclusion was formulated.

So if u could disclose the above it'd be great or kindly ignore this request, no issues.

Note to all-:

Guys, guys, guys!! Let us all calm down, there is no need to get personal or try throwing in sucker punches. We all are here in this forum out of curiosity and anxiety towards the uncertainty of our files. Lets not take anything personal. Constructive criticism is good and well appreciated while destructive criticism is morally wrong, demeaning and immature. If our fate allows us to get a ppr today, then great!! Congrats for it, if not hang in there and go with the flow of destiny. Let us be respectful, polite and patient in our queries and responses!!

Cheers and all the best!!

Asiv adanac

Sep 18, 2018
App. Filed.......
Fsw outland (india)
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
I've given up hopes that I will hear ANYTHING from CIC in my lifetime. Hope they give PR to my great great great grand children.

In my lifetime, my only wish is to see the biometrics status updated (done biometrics in Sept, status still shows "not done". Filled a form to tell them, they said its all fine and things don't always get updated)…
I pray, ur words would be taken back when we have a AOR Aug 2018 bash in Canada in few months time !!
I must compliment and say that u got good ense of humour!!

hellgirl11

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
tunisia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Congrats, it usually takes few days between reaching a decision on an application and receiving the ppr mail. So isa isa isa you will get it very very soon. Good luck
Thank you for your positive vibes and i really hope that what you are saying is true BUT some people from my community received this email 3 weeks ago and still waiting until now for PPR email

hellgirl11

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
tunisia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
In other words it is just speculations! Not nice to spread speculations like that! Not at all!
IP1, IP2, ghost updates are all speculations and i can ensure you that
i received 2 ghost updates and no PPR email until now
im in IP2 since sep and no PPR email
so all what we are sharing are all speculations

what i have shared are my analysis and investigation same as IP1 and IP2 , so please calm down

Last edited:
Reactions: Inabt

ConDawg

Nov 13, 2018
I’ve honestly learned over the years that until you hear something from the horse’s mouth, it’s all speculation and opinion.

Until there is a statement released by CIC to say ‘we’ve hit a limit etc.’, I would take everybody’s speculations/opinions on PPR and processing times with a huge grain of salt.

There seems to be very little rhyme of reason to the way in which applications are dealt with. My speculation/opinion on this is that every officer is different and this is (along with nuances in applications) what causes the variations in people’s timelines. Officers have different experience, and will look at applications in different ways. Some officers may require the assistance of others to ensure that the work they compete on our applications is sufficient. Waiting for this assistance/approval for others unfortunately causes a delay for us applicants.

Once again all speculation, however I’d rather wait for a prolonged period of time while the officers do their jobs to the best of their abilities. Remember there is a lot of background/security checking going on to ensure that the people seeking PR are good people. I love Canada and I love the people here. I’d hate to see CIC dropping the quality of work they do and causing dilution in good people here; just because we can’t wait a few extra months.

That’s my two cents.

Sunshine41

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Med's Done....
27-08-2018
Hey!

I would like to share some numbers and will be backing it with data.

DISCLAIMER: this is my observation based on the data posted on Canada.ca and Canadavisa.com. All I am trying to do is put some rest to speculations with numbers.

The numbers are rounded.

2015 -
ITA - 31,000
Visa issued 16,600

ITA - 34,000
Visa issued 37,000

ITA - 86,000
Application :
Received 110,000
Approved 96,000
Visa issued 93,500

ITA - 82,000 till 28 Nov.

Let’s add 25,000 applicants more based on past 2017 trend (application received > ITAs for the year)
By the way 16,500 ITAs were issued in last 3 months of 2017 So buffer added here too as 90 days are given to submit applicans.

We have around 107,000 submitted applicants (this number is on the higher side as it didn’t exclude those who won’t submit and counts ALL those who received ITA 3900 in last draw)

Conclusion:
1. We are yet to reach last years application received as of today.

2. Let’s say if the number of ITAs issued is going to increase by 4000 with every draw and if we add ITAs from next 2 draws which can happen this month (3900*2)= 8000 approximately(buffer added).
Total ITAs by Dec should be 90,000.
90,000(2018) - 86,000(2017) = 4000.

3. They have issued 93,500 last year and we are yet to see 2 more draws I don’t think they exceeded their quota so far. Also,if you will check table 7 of Express entry year end report 2017 they had issued more visas in Q3 and Q4.

4. From 2016 to 2017 they were able to transition from 37,000 visa to 93,500 visas, I think they approved number won’t be that huge for 2018 compared to 2016-2017.
Didn’t they plan to do this for next 2 more years.

So, in short we are fine.

Links:
See table 7
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/express-entry-year-end-report-2017.html

End of the page past 4 years ITA
https://www.canadavisa.com/express-entry-invitations-to-apply-issued.html#gs.UG9Ujms

If I made some mistake please let me know :)

Last edited:

cedarleaf

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Russia
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
yes, the cic website is a mess.

it happens to me often as well. even after i login and on my account page and trying to navigate to another page it just randomly logs out for no reason at all and shows that stupid language selection screen.

Its really frustrating and times and make me wonder how cic is handling our information in such an irresponsible manner. Its just so insecure and easily hackable.

their form redirection for the website is pathetic. They got to hire some good IT people to make their website right.
That's why I always wonder how people check their accounts multiple times a day, my patience allows me to do it only twice a week, and every time it's a very big challenge

Reactions: JJ_87 and dodogirl

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
Does anyone experience difficulties when log in to CIC account? It takes me about 7-8 attempts to successfully log in. After several steps it throws me to the page with language selection. It is literally killing me. Trying different browsers, but nothing changes. This is not the recent issue, but the permanent one since my AOR in August.
I have the same issue and keep wondering why this happens and if other people have the same issue.
After a hard day's work it is so irritating that the website act like this. I feel like :mad::mad::mad::mad:

And i ask myself how do people check their account multiple times a day!o_O

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
yes, the cic website is a mess.

it happens to me often as well. even after i login and on my account page and trying to navigate to another page it just randomly logs out for no reason at all and shows that stupid language selection screen.

Its really frustrating and times and make me wonder how cic is handling our information in such an irresponsible manner. Its just so insecure and easily hackable.

their form redirection for the website is pathetic. They got to hire some good IT people to make their website right.
With all the software and computer engineers they are attracting the website has a lot of room for improvement.

IranianinSweden

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
Hey!

I would like to share some numbers and will be backing it with data.

DISCLAIMER: this is my observation based on the data posted on Canada.ca and Canadavisa.com. All I am trying to do is put some rest to speculations with numbers.

The numbers are rounded.

2015 -
ITA - 31,000
Visa issued 16,600

ITA - 34,000
Visa issued 37,000

ITA - 86,000
Application :
Received 110,000
Approved 96,000
Visa issued 93,500

ITA - 82,000 till 28 Nov.

Let’s add 25,000 applicants more based on past 2017 trend (application received > ITAs for the year)
By the way 16,500 ITAs were issued in last 3 months of 2017 So buffer added here too as 90 days are given to submit applicans.

We have around 107,000 submitted applicants (this number is on the higher side as it didn’t exclude those who won’t submit and counts ALL those who received ITA 3900 in last draw)

Conclusion:
1. We are yet to reach last years application received as of today.

2. Let’s say if the number of ITAs issued is going to increase by 4000 with every draw and if we add ITAs from next 2 draws which can happen this month (3900*2)= 8000 approximately(buffer added).
Total ITAs by Dec should be 90,000.
90,000(2018) - 86,000(2017) = 4000.

3. They have issued 93,500 last year and we are yet to see 2 more draws I don’t think they exceeded their quota so far. Also,if you will check table 7 of Express entry year end report 2017 they had issued more visas in Q3 and Q4.

4. From 2016 to 2017 they were able to transition from 37,000 visa to 93,500 visas, I think they approved number won’t be that huge for 2018 compared to 2016-2017.
Didn’t they plan to do this for next 2 more years.

So, in short we are fine.

Links:
See table 7
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/express-entry-year-end-report-2017.html

End of the page past 4 years ITA
https://www.canadavisa.com/express-entry-invitations-to-apply-issued.html#gs.UG9Ujms

If I made some mistake please let me know :)
Now that is what I call research. Backed with data and has an explanation on the methodology used. Thank you for this!

Just as a side note to anyone else, seeing how we have rude people (read one person) on this forum. If Sunshine would have just at given her results without any explanation whatsoever, then it would have been speculations.
Now this analysis is based on the available data we have, which is very little, it still has a relative truth to it.

So again I thank you for this research! Hope you move to Toronto coz if we had a Sunshine in Toronto then we could forget about harsh cold winters :)