+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

rdmindia

Nov 24, 2016
Hello Friends,
Many of you already got PPR. Best luck for your new journey.
I would like to know that did you receive any Verificationcall/mail at CIC stage. Anyone have faced this work experience verification at CIC stage ( IP1 or IP2).
Please share your experiences.

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Thanks for the insight! Exactly my point..I did without accompanying because of ECA/IELTS, the timing was short. I have noticed that couples/families are getting processed faster (maybe am wrong).
Sure. I actually don’t think there’s any such trend. Some of my friends (applying as single) who almost had similar AOR dates as I did got their PPRs in about 2 months. But mine took 3 months. So I don’t think there’s such a rule. My colleague who applied as a family is still pending (4 months completed) and he has a very straightforward profile. No travel history, no frequent address or job changes etc.

Reactions: Tinaaah

winterdiva

Dec 18, 2017
London
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
:D There was no french in my message , "Pardon my french " is a common English phrase used for apologizing for harsh words, mostly for profanity. I used it in very milder form :p:D
I am glad your work keeps you engrossed otherwise these anxiety is turning us into freaks :D

Cheers!
It’s not used for mild rudeness - it’s used when people use amusing words ;)

I wish cic had a “expected decision date” feature. They can update it as and when they have more info. It makes waiting bearable.

Last edited:
Reactions: gauravmlal

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Hello Friends,
Many of you already got PPR. Best luck for your new journey.
I would like to know that did you receive any Verificationcall/mail at CIC stage. Anyone have faced this work experience verification at CIC stage ( IP1 or IP2).
Please share your experiences.
Hi. The day I got my PPR, I at least confirmed with my local employers here in the US if any of them had received any verification calls/emails. They had not received anything.

Over the next few days, I checked with other employers back in India and a few other countries where I had worked. None had received any verification mails/calls.

This doesn’t mean that this will be the case for everyone. But at least in my case, nobody reached out. Even none of my friends’ employers were contacted. They had applied pretty much at the same time as I did. Their experience was similar to mine.

IranianinSweden

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
Hey guys,

I will need to change my address on MyCIC account. I was hoping I wouldn't need to do it before PPR arrives, but I will have a new address after new year.
Have anyone changed their address? How do I go about changing my address?

india2canadasg

Jun 10, 2017
Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
21-08-2018
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Passport Req..
23-11-2018
Congratulations! How were you able to change unaccompanied spouse to accompany spouse and it didn't affect the application? Do you think changing to accompanying helped your application?
Thanks!
You may change your "Family history" from your profile page even after ITA. The link's somewhere on the top i believe.

I don't remember correctly but i think the form warned me before i changed my status to spouse accompanying, that if my changes result in my points dropping below my current score,i might need to check and be cognizant of it and if need be re-apply.

However my points increased by 4 points on adding my spouse because of her qualifications so that was fine.
As to whether it helped, can't really say but I don't think so. i had already been issued an ITA so points increase had no effect. And changing my status resulted in me having to provide more documentation (Spouse IELTS, PP, Photo, ECA) so probably took longer.
Although there's the other side of the coin that my spouse's credentials may have given my application more weight.
Who knows!

Reactions: Tinaaah

Logans

Mar 31, 2017
Hello, AOR 30th Aug called CIC last night told me eligibility passed R10 ok , criminality in progress, Visa Office is Nova Scotia. Any idea when can I expect PPR and is Nova Scotia VO is fast or slow??

rdmindia

Nov 24, 2016
Hi. The day I got my PPR, I at least confirmed with my local employers here in the US if any of them had received any verification calls/emails. They had not received anything

Over the next few days, I checked with other employers back in India and a few other countries where I had worked. None had received any verification mails/calls.

This doesn’t mean that this will be the case for everyone. But at least in my case, nobody reached out. Even none of my friends’ employers were contacted. They had applied pretty much at the same time as I did. Their experience was similar to mine.

Thanks for sharing your valuable input in this. I am also worried because in my previous otgorganisat my manager left the job. If they will going to verify then it will be big trouble for me. At which stage they are going to verify experience means IP1 or IP2. Any idea on this.

Manu Kapoor

Dec 9, 2017
Any FSW candidate from India whose AOR is around 18 Aug. '18, paid RPRF around 30 Sept. '18, Meds passed and did Not yet receive PPR ?
I am asking because a contemporary of mine received one.
Also my CIC account status did not change at all since payment of RPRF.

anika016

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
Any FSW candidate from India whose AOR is around 18 Aug. '18, paid RPRF around 30 Sept. '18, Meds passed and did Not yet receive PPR ?
Aor August 16th, paid RPRF upfront on August 16th, MEP Sept 11th, and no movement since then. Sent email once to confirm 5475 received or not, they replied they have everything they need. Updated address through webform but, no change at all in cic account.

nehag12

May 16, 2018
Yes same situation , aor is 9th August

Ravs85

Sep 25, 2018
When did they get their PPR?

Reactions: Smmm