+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

heretogetyou

Apr 15, 2018
Hey guys,

I spoke to an agent at CIC today. I've been on IP2 since 25th october. Even though it says processing your background check on my application, she informed me that my background check has not yet started. Just putting this out there so that you guys dont get confused with what the application says online. Maybe this helps some of you anxiously waiting for your PPR's. My AOR was 15th August

expressca

Jun 22, 2018
Just seen this on IRCC website:

''This online service will be unavailable from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Eastern time, on Tuesday December 4, 2018, in order to perform system maintenance.''

Reactions: JJ_87 and ConDawg

niteesh.rishi

Mar 27, 2018
Hey guys,

I spoke to an agent at CIC today. I've been on IP2 since 25th october. Even though it says processing your background check on my application, she informed me that my background check has not yet started. Just putting this out there so that you guys dont get confused with what the application says online. Maybe this helps some of you anxiously waiting for your PPR's. My AOR was 15th August
yea absolutely correct. Even if profile shows IP2 doesn't mean that it has actually started. Bottom-line is just keep an eye on profile for ADRs. Eventually everyone will go through. This is what I learnt from this process :p

JJ_87

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hey guys,

I think the agent might've said that your security hasnt been initiated yet. Passing your criminality is basically verifying the PCC you've submitted. So that doesnt take much time. But security might take time.
I've been in IP2 since 24th Oct

All the best!

JJ_87

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018

''This online service will be unavailable from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Eastern time, on Tuesday December 4, 2018, in order to perform system maintenance.''
Could be a good sign for Wednesday/Thursday

Confusedperson

Aug 23, 2018
I've rescheduled my inland landing interview but they didn't make it clear if my common law dependant's interview was also rescheduled. They can go as they are not travelling out of the country unlike me. I told the cic office this but they never mentioned anything to do with my dependent, I've e-mailed them (the cic office hornby st vancouver) and they haven't answered my query about my dependent.
I know our application is linked all to me but the invitations to the interview were separately addressed to us and on two different pdf's.
I may just go into the office and ask them.
(I'm a inland cec applicant)

Shikta

Star Member
May 14, 2018

It is so insane, the way so many of us are keeping an eye on the downtime / maintenance patters etc of a website.. I am pretty certain that I have never done this in my entire life before now :D

Shikta

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Guys, how do I see these status inside my profile? IP2, etc... ?
This is the found in the Details about your application status
MEP : Review of Medical Results -- You passed the Medical exam
IP1 : Background Check -- Your application is in progress. We will inform you once we start your background check.
IP2 : Background Check -- We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Though most people feel we should not attach too much significance to the IP1 and IP2 statuses!

winsome4

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
This is the found in the Details about your application status
MEP : Review of Medical Results -- You passed the Medical exam
IP1 : Background Check -- Your application is in progress. We will inform you once we start your background check.
IP2 : Background Check -- We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Though most people feel we should not attach too much significance to the IP1 and IP2 statuses!
Hello, if status is showing ‘background check in progress’Does that mean elegibility and medicals have been passed? And what is the next step after background check? Thanks in advance