+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

somiran

Sep 23, 2017
NOC Code......
I feel that we'll see more activity for August applications in the first week of December or till December 10th. Looking at MyImmiTracker, either people are not updating their profiles or the Visa offices haven't sent a lot of PPR notifications in the last 2 weeks which is a long enough time to start another round of PPR's happening soon.

What do you guys think ?

misabgd

Dec 14, 2015
Serbia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-08-2018
AOR Received.
22-08-2018
Med's Done....
17-09-2018
Has anyone tried calling to get more information about their case? If yes then -

1. Which number did you call on? ( Is it different for different countries, Also I don't know my Visa office )
2. Does it affect your application in any way? Do they keep a record that the person for XYZ file called thrice so let's just delay this file
Hi...
First of all, install the Google dialer app for Google Hangouts.
From this dialer, you can make calls over your WiFi (or data plan) for free to US and Canada.

Then ...
You can try calling CIC using Google Hangouts.
The number is +1 613-944-4000 (outside Canada).

To get through to an agent use the following combination
1-1-1
1-1-2-2 (For EE application number beginning with E)
Application ID
Year Of Birth
Option: 1 - Here they will play an automated message which will tell you exactly what you already know from your CIC account.
Then option: 0 to speak to an agent

Hope this helps...
Cheers

M&Ms

Apr 25, 2018
When I got AOR I was so calm and wasn’t checking my status AT ALL. I told myself that I have 6 months to go.
Then i passed medical and got a little excited but I decided to stay calm once more and didn’t check my status to often because I know it’s still only the beginning.
My background check started and now I CANT STOP THINKING ABOUT IT. :eek::oops::rolleyes::) Where did all of my calmness go?
I really hope I don’t get rejected after reaching so far.

somiran

Sep 23, 2017
NOC Code......
This is exactly what has been happening to me. Never been so restless

When I got AOR I was so calm and wasn’t checking my status AT ALL. I told myself that I have 6 months to go.
Then i passed medical and got a little excited but I decided to stay calm once more and didn’t check my status to often because I know it’s still only the beginning.
My background check started and now I CANT STOP THINKING ABOUT IT. :eek::oops::rolleyes::) Where did all of my calmness go?
I really hope I don’t get rejected after reaching so far.

Reactions: M&Ms

somiran

Sep 23, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi...
First of all, install the Google dialer app for Google Hangouts.
From this dialer, you can make calls over your WiFi (or data plan) for free to US and Canada.

Then ...
You can try calling CIC using Google Hangouts.
The number is +1 613-944-4000 (outside Canada).

To get through to an agent use the following combination
1-1-1
1-1-2-2 (For EE application number beginning with E)
Application ID
Year Of Birth
Option: 1 - Here they will play an automated message which will tell you exactly what you already know from your CIC account.
Then option: 0 to speak to an agent

Hope this helps...
Cheers
Is there any risk in doing this ?

HarrisZhou

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Hi guys...

Today is exactly 100th day since my AOR (which was on August 22nd).
I'm applying from Europe so I had to submit biometrics as well.

Short timeline is this:
AOR: Aug 22, 2018
MEP & BIL: Sep 17, 2018
Biometrics Completed: Sep 21
RPRF: Paid upfront (Aug 22)
Background Status: "We are checking your background" since MEP done (Sep 17)

On Tuesday this week, I send a request through CSE just to try to get some info regarding status of our application even if its well within 6 months time frame. Surprisingly, today, I got an answer from them which looks like this:

================================================================================
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

· Your application was received via your account on August 22, 2018.

• Your application is located at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are currently in process.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid for you, your spouse and your dependent child.
================================================================================

So, at least I know that our application is at CPC in Ottawa and that background verifications are currently in process.
Regarding medical, we know for the results from our CIC account ...

Just wondering how fast or slow are things moving at CPC-Ottawa?

On the other side, I plan to order case notes on December 17th .. just to see what's inside...
I have exactly same reply as you and my file is also in ottawa

elektrikuser

Jul 15, 2018
Something interesting happened with my profile.. I logged in and my application status was application updated..I went into the application but it is still in IP2 .. when I came back to the home page the status was again submitted..my application changed to IP2 on Nov 22.. AOR is Aug 2

Cecinland

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Something interesting happened with my profile.. I logged in and my application status was application updated..I went into the application but it is still in IP2 .. when I came back to the home page the status was again submitted..my application changed to IP2 on Nov 22.. AOR is Aug 2
Ghost update! Same thing happened to me last November 24...

niteesh.rishi

Mar 27, 2018
Ghost update! Same thing happened to me last November 24...
I have received 3 ghost updates in past two weeks after IP2, I thought file might be approved so called CIC, agent told all looks good with your file and we are still waiting for recommended passed for your file :p ... After hearing that I lost all hopes of a speedy PPR :D

Reactions: M&Ms

Smmm

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
I have received 3 ghost updates in past two weeks after IP2, I thought file might be approved so called CIC, agent told all looks good with your file and we are still waiting for recommended passed for your file :p ... After hearing that I lost all hopes of a speedy PPR :D
What about ur security and criminality?

expressca

Jun 22, 2018
three ghost updates in two weeks lol!

Reactions: Cecinland