+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
I called IRCC today to check my status and the agent said that my application has been approved on 26 th of November. My AOR was 31st Aug not sure about the other dates as mine was filed by a law firm and they did not give me access to my online application. The agent said that I will be getting passport request by February next year as that's when my 6 months will complete.
That's good to know! Just relax and expect your PPR! But why wait till Feb 2019 since it has been approved. I don't understand CIC. I pray they send the PPRs before the year ends.

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
What is a good way to go about asking application status once you are connected to an agent on the call? Asking because some people here got really short and non informative updates while others got a lot of details. So the ones who were fortunate how did you put up your question? Did you ask for specific details like "can you tell me about my eligibility status" etc. I am planning to call CIC and I want to get the most out it.
I had a biometric issue when I called and after that, I just asked for my eligibility status and the agent was kind enough to tell me. They will always tell you that your application is still within the 6 months timeframe. Just be polite and precise, don't ask questions like "why is my application not showing any movement? Or when can I expect PPR? I hope this helps.

Yelzamani

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
As per GCMS notes dated 24/10/2018: my eligibility is recommended passed on 03/10/2018.
Criminality is in progress since 14/09/2018: Security not started until now.
I received this email today from CIC.
"The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized. Following this assessment, your application was transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario (CPC-O). The office will contact you if they need other documents from you.

The background verifications are currently valid for criminality and have not been initiated for security yet. The medical examination results on file are valid."

Any Idea on Criminality is passed or not?
Quick one. Your recommend passed date. Is that the updated date on the Case Analyst Notes?

Lyra

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
I had a biometric issue when I called and after that, I just asked for my eligibility status and the agent was kind enough to tell me. They will always tell you that your application is still within the 6 months timeframe. Just be polite and precise, don't ask questions like "why is my application not showing any movement? Or when can I expect PPR? I hope this helps.
I see, sounds good.

Reactions: Tinaaah

rv8089

Jul 17, 2018
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-07-2018
AOR Received.
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
24-08-2018
I think criminality is passed but security has not started. Regarding the email you received, did you contact them or they just sent it? Does IRCC send updates via email? Just surprised!
No. I contacted them for an update by raising a CSE. I was not expecting a response but they did.

Reactions: Tinaaah

rv8089

Jul 17, 2018
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-07-2018
AOR Received.
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
24-08-2018
Quick one. Your recommend passed date. Is that the updated date on the Case Analyst Notes?
Yeah it was from the case analyst notes

digitalmohsin

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
United States
Anyone from US or canada still waiting in IP1? my country of residence is US( country of origin India), AOR 25 th august and still in IP1.

I know applications from US get processed faster and many people are either in IP2 or already got PPR. I haven't ordered my gcms notes yet but will order soon. I was wondering if anyone is in the same boat.

@ishangodbole, I was following your posts, your AOR is atleast 3 weeks before mine. I saw you moved to ip2, did you get your ppr?
me. Aor Aug 22 and still IP1.

varinder92

Oct 11, 2018
Most likely everything is okay and in fact such request within 4 months is a good thing because it means someone is working on your file.

Now to question why they asked for such information. My guess is either there was a small gap in your address history / there was a contradiction in your address history meaning you put something in personal history but it did not match with personal history. Or there was an overlap in address history / personal history / work history. For example as per address history you were staying in city A but as per work history you were working in city B.
Yes im working in a different city

Ajarun1

Nov 22, 2018
I called IRCC today to check my status and the agent said that my application has been approved on 26 th of November. My AOR was 31st Aug not sure about the other dates as mine was filed by a law firm and they did not give me access to my online application. The agent said that I will be getting passport request by February next year as that's when my 6 months will complete.
@gchow..
Sounds great...
Even I had called on 23rd Nov and they told my file is approved on 21st Nov. Then the same answer w.r.t PPR. You will receive anytime within 6 months timeline and the CIC agent's name was Richard..

JJ_87

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Guys,

There has been no PPRs from any of the Canadian VOs this week.
Dry Spell?
Holidays?
Meteor hit VOs?

What could be the reason!!

cedarleaf

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Russia
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Guys,

There has been no PPRs from any of the Canadian VOs this week.
Dry Spell?
Holidays?
Meteor hit VOs?

What could be the reason!!
Why do you think there were no PPRs? If nobody here didn't write anything it means nothing. Immitracker also doesn't show the full picture. There are thousands of cases, but we see only a half percent.

Nov 30, 2018
Hi all,

I raised a CSE to know the status of my application, this is the reply I got.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized. Following this assessment, your application was transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario (CPC-O). The office will contact you if they need other documents from you.

The background verifications are currently valid for criminality and for security. The medical examination results on file are valid.

Does it mean that Criminality and Security checks are completed, got confused with the valid keyword used.

AOR 11/Aug

JJ_87

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Why do you think there were no PPRs? If nobody here didn't write anything it means nothing. Immitracker also doesn't show the full picture. There are thousands of cases, but we see only a half percent.
Its not just this forum, I went through immitracker and Kubeir's FB forum. Nothing!
You are right we see only half the picture.

JJ_87

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hi all,

I raised a CSE to know the status of my application, this is the reply I got.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized. Following this assessment, your application was transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario (CPC-O). The office will contact you if they need other documents from you.

The background verifications are currently valid for criminality and for security. The medical examination results on file are valid.

Does it mean that Criminality and Security checks are completed, got confused with the valid keyword used.

AOR 11/Aug
It means your file is approved. Congrats.

Reactions: liferunsoncode