+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Lyra

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Anyone from US or canada still waiting in IP1? my country of residence is US( country of origin India), AOR 25 th august and still in IP1.

I know applications from US get processed faster and many people are either in IP2 or already got PPR. I haven't ordered my gcms notes yet but will order soon. I was wondering if anyone is in the same boat.

@ishangodbole, I was following your posts, your AOR is atleast 3 weeks before mine. I saw you moved to ip2, did you get your ppr?

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
Anyone from US or canada still waiting in IP1? my country of residence is US( country of origin India), AOR 25 th august and still in IP1.

I know applications from US get processed faster and many people are either in IP2 or already got PPR. I haven't ordered my gcms notes yet but will order soon. I was wondering if anyone is in the same boat.

@ishangodbole, I was following your posts, your AOR is atleast 3 weeks before mine. I saw you moved to ip2, did you get your ppr?
No I did not. But as of October 6th, my eligibility was recommended pass. So it is just a waiting game now.

Lyra

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
No I did not. But as of October 6th, my eligibility was recommended pass. So it is just a waiting game now.
I see, that is good. Looking at past trends people used to get ppr in 1-2 days after ip2, but nowadays it is taking upto a month in some cases :(

asmme

Nov 6, 2018
From GCMC notes I could see criminality and security not started but application portal shows we are processing your background check for past 100 days! It implies after MEP no one touched my application!

Mar 12, 2018
Today when I spoke to cic agent.. she informed my eligibility is recommended passed n criminality is in progress n background not started.

Aor is aug 16
Mep is sep 4.

Since then no update on cic account or by email.

Reactions: Nash1905

Lyra

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
What is a good way to go about asking application status once you are connected to an agent on the call? Asking because some people here got really short and non informative updates while others got a lot of details. So the ones who were fortunate how did you put up your question? Did you ask for specific details like "can you tell me about my eligibility status" etc. I am planning to call CIC and I want to get the most out it.

Reactions: bruno5000

gchow

May 1, 2012
I called IRCC today to check my status and the agent said that my application has been approved on 26 th of November. My AOR was 31st Aug not sure about the other dates as mine was filed by a law firm and they did not give me access to my online application. The agent said that I will be getting passport request by February next year as that's when my 6 months will complete.

Mo-Desire

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-08-2018
File Transfer...
14-09-2018
Well, I didn't know what you hear but usually they'll tell you to expect your PPR on or before the 6months deadline. Since February 2019 is 6months from your AOR so that's the deadline for the issuance of your PPR but you may get it any moment from now till then.

Mo-Desire

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-08-2018
File Transfer...
14-09-2018
Well, I didn't know what you hear but usually they'll tell you to expect your PPR on or before the 6months deadline. Since February 2019 is 6months from your AOR so that's the deadline for the issuance of your PPR but you may get it any moment from now till then

rv8089

Jul 17, 2018
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-07-2018
AOR Received.
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
24-08-2018
As per GCMS notes dated 24/10/2018: my eligibility is recommended passed on 03/10/2018.
Criminality is in progress since 14/09/2018: Security not started until now.
I received this email today from CIC.
"The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized. Following this assessment, your application was transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario (CPC-O). The office will contact you if they need other documents from you.

The background verifications are currently valid for criminality and have not been initiated for security yet. The medical examination results on file are valid."

Any Idea on Criminality is passed or not?

Reactions: Toronto_FC2018

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
As per GCMS notes dated 24/10/2018: my eligibility is recommended passed on 03/10/2018.
Criminality is in progress since 14/09/2018: Security not started until now.
I received this email today from CIC.
"The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized. Following this assessment, your application was transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario (CPC-O). The office will contact you if they need other documents from you.

The background verifications are currently valid for criminality and have not been initiated for security yet. The medical examination results on file are valid."

Any Idea on Criminality is passed or not?
I think criminality is passed but security has not started. Regarding the email you received, did you contact them or they just sent it? Does IRCC send updates via email? Just surprised!