+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

calky360

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Update on my status:

Stream - Express Entry, FSW-Outland (Australia)
ITA - May 23rd 2018
AOR - Aug 21st 2018
MEP - Sep 13th 2018
IP1 - Sep 14th 2018
IP2 - Nov 16th 2018
PPR - Nov 29th 2018 (I think?)

And today I got email titled "ready for visa" (I think people are calling this golden email...) email is saying my application is almost complete and giving me 30 days to submit a few things (family info form, passport photos, and passport scan), I need to submit to a VAC (visa application center) in my country after which they'll issue me my PR Documents I think? I only received email, no update in CIC account where it is still saying my background check is in process. So is this mean I'm at PPR status? I'm pretty much done right? It's been exactly 100 days since AOR, pretty happy if this is all done almost. I have a lot of travel history and worked overseas, so thought it could slow things down.

Last edited:

marciocdb

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Hello everyone

Sorry if this seems repetitive but there are 278 pages to read and I've tried to read most of them but my question remains...
Is it possible and reliable to track the current status of my EE application?
My AOR is August 20th. I have already passed the medical exam a few weeks after the AOR and now it's been 3 months and no apparent change to my profile. All I can see is this:

Background check - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Help - Background check
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Is there any way I properly check the current status of my application? Should I still send an email to find out my VISA office? I see a lot of mixed answers...

I appreciate any kind of support to track the current status.

Reactions: Nash1905

Shraran

Feb 25, 2018
Hi Experts,

Can you let know how to check GCMS notes. I have received notes today and unable to get the information what I needed. It is 111 pages.

Yelzamani

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Hi Experts,

Can you let know how to check GCMS notes. I have received notes today and unable to get the information what I needed. It is 111 pages.
You want to check;
-page 2 for a summary of your assessments
-Note 1 - 5 on the last few pages for the Officer or Analyst Case notes

Shikta

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hello everyone

Sorry if this seems repetitive but there are 278 pages to read and I've tried to read most of them but my question remains...
Is it possible and reliable to track the current status of my EE application?
My AOR is August 20th. I have already passed the medical exam a few weeks after the AOR and now it's been 3 months and no apparent change to my profile. All I can see is this:

Background check - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Help - Background check
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Is there any way I properly check the current status of my application? Should I still send an email to find out my VISA office? I see a lot of mixed answers...

I appreciate any kind of support to track the current status.
Hey..
Am in a similar state - passed Meds on 24th Sept and nothing since then..
From what I have read on the forum, the only reliable way is GCMS notes, but they will take a month to come - you can order them at getgcms.com

You can try calling CIC using Google Hangouts. The number is +1 613-944-4000 (outside Canada).
To get through to an agent use the following combination
1-1-1
1-1-2-2 (For EE application number beginning with E)
Application ID
Year Of Birth
1 -
Here they will play an automated message which will tell you exactly what you already know from your CIC account.
Then 0 to speak to an agent
However, it is not easy to get through to an agent, so one, be prepared to try more than once, and second, if you do get connected you will have to wait for upwards of 25-30 minutes, and even then the agent might not have much to tell you.
The experts here have thus always advised GCMS notes.

Am not sure if the above helps in any way... do let us know when you know more.
All the best!