+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Confusedperson

Aug 23, 2018
You can get new sin on the same day.
You won’t have to activate you PR, they will issue CoPR then & there, that is why it’s called landing interview.
However, to be able to travel out of the country, you will need to have your PR card (which take about 8 weeks) or you need to get PRTD (PR travel documents)
You can read more about it here

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5529-applying-permanent-resident-travel-document.html
Thanks for this. So it basically seems like I will have to re-schedule the interview till after I get back. It seems pretty impossible to re-enter Canada after a determination interview without my PR card. I've sent them an e-mail explaining I will be leaving the country within the 90 day period after the interview. It's pretty ridiculous that you can't leave the country whilst waiting for the card. PRTD will take to long as i'm only in the uk for 2 weeks and won't get it in time. I'll see what they say, hopefully they reply in time. If not i'll just go to the interview and explain.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi guys. My aor is 28 agust cec. Today i recevied a request for my address history from may 2016 to may 2018. Is everything ok on my file? Why they request the address. I alredy have provided the address
Most likely everything is okay and in fact such request within 4 months is a good thing because it means someone is working on your file.

Now to question why they asked for such information. My guess is either there was a small gap in your address history / there was a contradiction in your address history meaning you put something in personal history but it did not match with personal history. Or there was an overlap in address history / personal history / work history. For example as per address history you were staying in city A but as per work history you were working in city B.

vidhik

Nov 24, 2018
Hello, I received an email from cic stating:
We are pleased to advise you that your final determination for permanent residence interview has been scheduled.

I’m a bit anxious for the interview and wanted to know what questions would they ask? Is this a random selection or they selected my case because of a specific reason or a missing document?

Thank you.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello, I received an email from cic stating:
We are pleased to advise you that your final determination for permanent residence interview has been scheduled.

I’m a bit anxious for the interview and wanted to know what questions would they ask? Is this a random selection or they selected my case because of a specific reason or a missing document?

Thank you.
There is nothing to be worried about the interview. It is very simple and they will just check a few documents which are mentioned on the interview email.

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
Hi Guys,

Got my COPR and passports today from VFS... Thanks to GOD and to every person who helped me in this forum... This was a great journey and I sincerely wish and pray for everyone to see their golden emails very very soon... All the best... Let god help us all....
Congrats and all the best. We pray to receive our PPRs soon. I saw your timeline, it was quite fast and detailed. Which VO?

Reactions: Rajesh Durai

calky360

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Can anyone please confirm if Australian resident/citizen needs to send passport to VFS or just a scan? I'm seeing conflicting information, thanks.