+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

2018expresso

Aug 21, 2018
Hi all.

Does getting to IP2 stage ("We are processing your background check") always lead to a PPR? Or do you know of cases where after IP2, the application was refused?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I believe the biggest issue is the eligibility, if you;ve cleared that then you are in good shape. The background and security shouldn't be a problem (unless you have some criminal issue or misrepresented something very obvious). So it is somewhat rare to get rejected later on.

Reactions: BhavJas

2018expresso

Aug 21, 2018
I believe the biggest issue is the eligibility, if you;ve cleared that then you are in good shape. The background and security shouldn't be a problem (unless you have some criminal issue or misrepresented something very obvious). So it is somewhat rare to get rejected later on.
Does it mean that once you get to IP2, you have already passed the eligibility? Because I have read somewhere that "background check" includes reviewing eligibility as well, i hope you can share what u know :) Thank You!!!

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
if they review eligibility again in background check i am not sure, but i can't say what else they expect to find in the background check (assuming your credentials are not fake)? So I would think that the main check in background is criminality and that you are who you say you are (and not giving fake profiles in your name, that you had worked where you claimed you did etc, this would be my guess. There might be a more detailed post somewhere on this forum). But from my understanding if your eligibility is cleared (and assuming its real) then that's the biggest hurdle.

Shikta

Star Member
May 14, 2018
A query for the GCMS experienced lot
Some one (not on this forum) mentioned that if I order GCMS notes, it will create an ADR!
Is that correct, are the two linked in any way?

IranianinSweden

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
Hi all.

Does getting to IP2 stage ("We are processing your background check") always lead to a PPR? Or do you know of cases where after IP2, the application was refused?
There has been cases where people get rejected during IP2 stage. If you check on the immi tracker you can find cases like that. But from what I gather on the immi tracker, if your application has not been rejected during the first 70-80 days, the probability of rejection is small.

akhilnkumar

Nov 14, 2018
My Application just moved to IP2 on Friday 23rd. Its been 108 days since AOR. Happy to see movement. Any one here who moved to IP2 in Nov and got PPR ? Just wanted to know the timelines?