+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Lywick

Feb 10, 2018
Hi guys,

I just called CIC & after being put on hold for ~34 mins, I got to speak to an agent. However, he wasn't very helpful and claimed that he would be able to tell me only what was on my screen, that my VO was in Canada by default & that I would receive an email should my application change VO. He also said that the background check could take months and that it's been only 3 months since my AOR. I'm kinda disappointed as I was looking forward to having a few answers but I guess I'll just wait some more.

cedarleaf

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Russia
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
What is the E-mail that you were given ?

Do you know anything about your statuses ?
Sorry, I misinformed you, I didn't send email, I raised CSE form specifically for Warsaw, on CIC site there is a list of VO, so if you know your VO, you may contact them directly using webform. So I did this. And I've got a reply from WSAWIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
I know nothing about my statuses. Waiting patiently and hope to get PPR after 4 months. Less than 1 is left.

Andy3206

Star Member
Oct 11, 2018
India
Visa Office......
CPC Oattawa (Current)
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
IMM5475
AOR Received.
18/08/2018
This form is about personal information which is already presented in your EE profile, correct? I'm not really sure why they had to ask you the information again.
Coz I have by mistake selected designated individual before AOR but later cancelled during ADR.

cedarleaf

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Russia
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Wow. Sigh. I hope you get your PPR soon cos it worries me if this technical glitch affects processing the affected profiles.
I don't think this will affect processing time, because I've got answers from CIC and from local visa office that my biometrics were received. So no need to worry.

Reactions: Sandra84

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
Hi guys,

I just called CIC & after being put on hold for ~34 mins, I got to speak to an agent. However, he wasn't very helpful and claimed that he would be able to tell me only what was on my screen, that my VO was in Canada by default & that I would receive an email should my application change VO. He also said that the background check could take months and that it's been only 3 months since my AOR. I'm kinda disappointed as I was looking forward to having a few answers but I guess I'll just wait some more.
Dont take the Agents So seriously. It only depends on what kind of agent you come across to. What he told you about the status is not entirely correct as they can see and tell more than what's avl. on our accounts. Have faith. Your start will turn brighter Soon!

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
Hi Guys,

As mentioned , I have received my PPR this morning by the grace of GOD. I need some help for passport submission from people who have already got COPR. Here are my questions:

1.Do I need to carry my old(expired passport) along with the new one?
2.Is there any specific time we need to go? I read on the website that no prior appointments are required.
3.Apart from passports,consent form & passport size photos(as per canadian format) , is anything else required?
4.Can i take cash with me for paying VFS fee or they accept only Demand Draft?

Please help.
I will Answer to only those points I am sure on
1 - Expired Passport No (Assuming it has no active visas )
2 - No specific time if you are visiting ND VFS (in India ). They give you a token post you enter their office
3 - Not sure
4 - Cash and Card both (Not 100% sure of Cash )

Hope this helps !

Rajesh Durai

Dec 29, 2012
I will Answer to only those points I am sure on
1 - Expired Passport No (Assuming it has no active visas )
2 - No specific time if you are visiting ND VFS (in India ). They give you a token post you enter their office
3 - Not sure
4 - Cash and Card both (Not 100% sure of Cash )

Hope this helps !
Certainly helps my friend.

Reactions: gau55555

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
Query Time - Did any one of us got PPR email directly from Sydney, NS VO (not specifically this week, but any time ) ? Please raise your hands !! (I only see Ottawa ones )

asmme

Nov 6, 2018
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

That's been status for the last 2.5 months. Will take forever for the background check.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Sorry, I misinformed you, I didn't send email, I raised CSE form specifically for Warsaw, on CIC site there is a list of VO, so if you know your VO, you may contact them directly using webform. So I did this. And I've got a reply from WSAWIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
I know nothing about my statuses. Waiting patiently and hope to get PPR after 4 months. Less than 1 is left.
Thanks for the reply. Let's keep each other posted as we have the same LVO. Good luck

Mannfdk

Oct 22, 2018
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

That's been status for the last 2.5 months. Will take forever for the background check.
R u inland applicant ???

Asiv adanac

Sep 18, 2018
App. Filed.......
Fsw outland (india)
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Wow, congrats!

My timeline is:

AOR: 3rd Aug
MEP: 6th Sep
Biometrics done: 7th Sep
FSW-O

I do not believe much in IP1 or IP2 since they are not clear enough to indicate the progress of my application.

We called CIC 3 weeks ago (on 29th Oct) to learn that: Eligibility met; background check has not been started yet.

We called CIC last night to learn that: Eligibility met; background check has not been started yet.

Despite all the good news coming to people with Aug AOR, it seems we are not that lucky.

104 days have passed and yet nothing good seems to come soon. Personally, I am so fed up with this waiting game and have decided to take my mind off it. It comes when it comes.
Hi dear, i share the same aor n in the same situation too..