+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Noorain

Oct 27, 2018
IP1/IP2/NA1...etc are unofficial terms made by applicants throughout all these years, to try and understand the stage at which their applications are. Based on the structure and wording of the status in the "Background check" line, they could tell if they are at IP1 stage (eligibility...etc), or IP2 (Criminality ...). These terms seem to be less and less reliable, as status updates on an applicant's account often don't seem to follow the movement of an application across stages.

Although it is indeed very likely your application is still in the first stage (commonly called IP1), there is no sure way to know when it moves forward, except if you order GCMS notes. Those however, are official notes on your specific case.

Yes, no biometrics for Indian citizens.
Thank you for the clarification.

digitalmohsin

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
United States
Can someone answer this please.?
IP1 and IP2 are two stages of the background check. Nobody is absolutely sure how IP1 and IP2 work but for the majority of cases IP1 is where your background check is not started yet and it has the wording something like your application is in progress we will let you know if we need more information. IP2 is when this background status changes to we are processing your background check.... Supposedly, you are in IP1 and then move to IP2 before you get your PPR email. Many people do not see progression like this.

Regarding biometrics, since you are Indian you do not need it as per CIC.

Noorain

Oct 27, 2018
T
IP1 and IP2 are two stages of the background check. Nobody is absolutely sure how IP1 and IP2 work but for the majority of cases IP1 is where your background check is not started yet and it has the wording something like your application is in progress we will let you know if we need more information. IP2 is when this background status changes to we are processing your background check.... Supposedly, you are in IP1 and then move to IP2 before you get your PPR email. Many people do not see progression like this.

Regarding biometrics, since you are Indian you do not need it as per CIC.
Thank you

hellgirl11

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
tunisia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
I have sent an email to IRCC requesting for an update after 85 days from AOR and here is them reply:

- Your application was received at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on 08/03/2018.
- The background verifications are currently in process.

anyone who shares the same timeline or visa office ?

Reactions: JJ_87

Bandit Queen

Oct 10, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-09-2018
Med's Done....
05-10-2018
I have sent an email to IRCC requesting for an update after 85 days from AOR and here is them reply:

- Your application was received at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on 08/03/2018.

I share the same VO but my AOR is a month from you and I got a reply that they have all documents and information required only so I could be looking at another 50 days wait

SachinNayyar

Aug 30, 2018
Delhi

What email address did you send your query on ??

Reactions: javo.vdm

hellgirl11

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
tunisia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
I share the same VO but my AOR is a month from you and I got a reply that they have all documents and information required only so I could be looking at another 50 days wait
i read in some forums that VO sydney is very slow especially for my stream PNP Outland

Oct 10, 2018
Hi All,
FSW Inland Application - 464 points, Nationality - Indian
My Timeline -
AOR - August 25th 2018
Med passed & Ip1 - September 19th 2018
supposedly Ip2 - October 18th 2018
PPR - ???
How long will it take to get my PPR? Also my husband is in India and I am in Canada. Will that create a problem? Anyone in the same boat please reach out. Thanks!

blal

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Bg status in CIC changed from Background check In progress
We will let uou know if we need more info .... to We are processing your Background check. We will let you know if we need more info. At first I thought I was imagining it as the wording is so much the same. Perhaps its the new NA 3 ..?? Email 30 min later frm nearest processing centre. No change to cic acc.
Congrats! Did you receive email for the change in background status from "We will let uou know if we need more info .... to We are processing your Background check."?