+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

dck307

Sep 2, 2018
My UCI number changed some days ago and at the same time, i received ADR for IMM5669 (Schedule A). Yet no MEP. AOR is August 28th. I have submitted my ADR, when am i likely to received MEP? Also, i got ghost mode after some days and i checked my profile andnothing changed. Please what does it mean

MoraesJ

Sep 19, 2018
Egypt
Hello guys,
When i logged to my accout today i found that the status of my application changed to application/profile updated then it returned to submmited a few hours later.
I'm not sure what that means ? My aor is 1st august
The same happened to me one week before MEP. I think it means s
My UCI number changed some days ago and at the same time, i received ADR for IMM5669 (Schedule A). Yet no MEP. AOR is August 28th. I have submitted my ADR, when am i likely to received MEP? Also, i got ghost mode after some days and i checked my profile andnothing changed. Please what does it mean
I got a ghost update 1 week before MEP. Maybe it's your medical.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
It means your application is complete and progressing. This is very good.

cadgijoe

May 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Med's Done....
23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
Hello all,

Any idea on what stage am I at?

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: Completed.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I'm one of those who need bio and in my understanding, R10 (completeness) check is done when bio instruction arrives. So i'm done with bio (as well as R10 i assume) and got my UCI.

FYI, my BGC is: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." soon after AOR until now.

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
Hello all,

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I'm one of those who need bio and in my understanding, R10 (completeness) check is done when bio instruction arrives. So i'm done with bio (as well as R10 i assume) and got my UCI.

FYI, my BGC is: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." soon after AOR until now.
You're BGC at IP-2, meaning security checks are under process and you're done with R10. Eligibility: is in progress.

Reactions: cadgijoe

jhoci

Apr 23, 2018
I don't know why people are so fixated on this IP1 and IP2 thing. The steps in the process of your application has been outlined on your profile, why trying to convert to another? Besides, the estimated timeline for PR processing is 6 months, and irrespective of the fact that people have gotten theirs in shorter time frames, no two applications are exactly alike.
So, instead of spending time trying to decipher which IP stage you're in, start planning for your life in Canada. So that once you get your PR and land, you hit the ground running. I have attended a "Planning for Canada" session and the information I received is enough to keep me busy planning my career and settlement in Canada. I will be sent my action plan this week and assigned support partners who will guide me in my career and general relocation plan.

There is a lot involved in relocation, I'm not even talking about the application process, that you don't want to be caught unawares.
AOR - 16th Aug
MEP - 13th Sept
Biometrics done and completed - 14th Sept
Planning for Canada session - 18th Sept.
Country - Nigeria.
There is nothing called IP1 in CIC’s official status. The status message that’s says the following

”Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”

Is being called IP1 by applicants themselves to distinguish between the two stages of background checks.

IP2 being your background check is in progress

Aitim

Aug 15, 2018
Someone who gave biometrics still have no update about it in your profile? I did my biometrics on September 18. Since that there is biometrics data (number and date) in my profile next to my UCI number. However at the same time the status of biometrics says "we need your fingerprints". Also the status of the whole application is "your action is required". I am confused.

mayple

Star Member
Dec 30, 2017
I don't know why people are so fixated on this IP1 and IP2 thing. The steps in the process of your application has been outlined on your profile, why trying to convert to another? Besides, the estimated timeline for PR processing is 6 months, and irrespective of the fact that people have gotten theirs in shorter time frames, no two applications are exactly alike.
So, instead of spending time trying to decipher which IP stage you're in, start planning for your life in Canada. So that once you get your PR and land, you hit the ground running. I have attended a "Planning for Canada" session and the information I received is enough to keep me busy planning my career and settlement in Canada. I will be sent my action plan this week and assigned support partners who will guide me in my career and general relocation plan.

There is a lot involved in relocation, I'm not even talking about the application process, that you don't want to be caught unawares.
AOR - 16th Aug
MEP - 13th Sept
Biometrics done and completed - 14th Sept
Planning for Canada session - 18th Sept.
Country - Nigeria.
Yes - very valid point and I agree. However, every individual is different with their circumstances and often times people have a lot invested in this process, so nervousness, anxiety and anxiousness are all part of the process. It’s natural to try and decipher the process that may seem erratic at times due to lack of complete insight. Nonetheless, I agree with your point that folks can focus on things that will truly help them settle in once they land. Good luck to you

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Hello all,

What is your AOR? My background was also IP2 immediately after AOR and then after few days of MEP it went to IP1. When did the BG change occured for you?

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
No, clearing MEP doesnt indicate that R10 is cleared yet. R10 may still be under process or it may be cleared. Depending upon the monthly volume, the time taken to clear MEP now adays ranges from 20 -30 days (if not earlier). Medical report assessment is done by a different team.
I think the trend now is MEP is only passed when R10 is completed. Because for biometrics it is clearly written that biometric request letter is sent once an applocant sends a complete application and for many bio letter and mep are given on the same day. So reciving BIO and MEP should indicate that your R10 is done and eligibility will begin.

cadgijoe

May 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Med's Done....
23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
You're BGC at IP-2, meaning security checks are under process and you're done with R10. Eligibility: is in progress.
Thanks. I thought so too.

What is your AOR? My background was also IP2 immediately after AOR and then after few days of MEP it went to IP1. When did the BG change occured for you?
My AOR is 3 Aug (you can see in my signature). Last Monday (17 Sep), my BGC was still IP2 ("are processing") as since AOR, then this Monday morning (24 Sep), it changed to IP1 ("in progress"), though I don't check the status daily so I'm not sure exactly when it changed.

cadgijoe

May 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Med's Done....
23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
Someone who gave biometrics still have no update about it in your profile? I did my biometrics on September 18. Since that there is biometrics data (number and date) in my profile next to my UCI number. However at the same time the status of biometrics says "we need your fingerprints". Also the status of the whole application is "your action is required". I am confused.
I'm sorry for the confusion. I hope the system is simply not updated properly. For me, my status was updated properly like 2 hours after I did my bio. Maybe you can call them?

Reactions: Aitim

cedarleaf

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Russia
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
The same. Biometrics done on September 12, but status still shows Your action is required. We need your fingerprints to process your application.

Reactions: Aitim